• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashDirect Virtual Visa/MC Proposal Updates

Thank you for the clarification, it's appreciated. And you know, like I said before, to me you have shown some kind of determination that I would never of had. I would of guessed this outcome and tried to of taken a different path. Good for you. Keeping to your principles is always an expensive endeavor and I salute you for at least trying.

I hope that you know we fought and we spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on legal expenses alone to fight this battle.

Instead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to find a technical solution that will allow us to stealth and tax evade from the global economic system, you spend them on legal expenses!!! A similar stupid focus on legal issues was also a priority for the well known BabyGiraffe Dash CEO, who also left Dash (after completely destroying it of course).

Do you hold a masternode, @craymarshallg? Will you vote for Encointer? Will you vote for or against it? Vote the numbers, stupids!!!!

Last edited:
Instead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to find a technical solution that will allow us to stealth and tax evade from the global economic system, you spend them on legal expenses!!! A similar stupid focus on legal issues was also a priority for the well known BabyGiraffe Dash CEO, who also left Dash (after completely destroying it of course).

Do you hold a masternode, @craymarshallg? Will you vote for Encointer? Will you vote for or against it? Vote the numbers, stupids!!!!
Spending money to protect our company and preserve our personal freedom is not stupid. Ionia has very significant revenue opportunities and value. Spending money on attorneys is necessary in our industry, when building cutting edge products, if you care about being compliant. That does not mean we didn't invest in technology; that's a false assumption and false dichotomy.

By the way, our mission is not to help anyone evade taxes. That is illegal and we do not have anything whatsoever to do with that. It doesn't sound like your personal, illegal goals are aligned with Ionia's products and goals.

Spending money to protect our company and preserve our personal freedom is not stupid. Ionia has very significant revenue opportunities and value. Spending money on attorneys is necessary in our industry, when building cutting edge products, if you care about being compliant. That does not mean we didn't invest in technology; that's a false assumption and false dichotomy.

By the way, our mission is not to help anyone evade taxes. That is illegal and we do not have anything whatsoever to do with that. It doesn't sound like your personal, illegal goals are aligned with Ionia's products and goals.

What may be illegal in your universe, may be legal in mine, and vice versa.

"To the winners I will give some of the hidden manna."

What is this hidden manna? Who hides the manna, and for what reason?
He is obviously a filthy tax evader, isnt he?

Last edited:
It is with a heavy heart that I share this update today.

Due to the uncertainty under United States law as to the use of cryptocurrency for commercial and personal purposes and the recent dramatically increased pressures brought on by United States regulators and law enforcement, we at Ionia, Inc. (“Ionia”) have decided to exit the cryptocurrency space as of July 15, 2023.

We hope that you appreciate the fact that we have successfully followed all of the known rules regarding the use of cryptocurrency heretofore and are confident that the products we offered were fully compliant. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the current regulatory environment includes the placing of tactical pressure even on those following the rules, like us, and we simply do not have the resources to withstand this kind of onslaught.

This community has been tremendously supportive and it has been a true pleasure to work with you over the last 2 years. We are hopeful for a future in which we can all work together again towards monetary freedom and true ownership of our assets. This will require a major change to the regulatory and enforcement environment in the US. We will continue to hope for this future.

Until that time, we will support Dash Core Group to find and implement solutions to replace what DashDirect has been offering to the community. DCG is aware that we are Terminating our agreement and they are actively working to find the best solutions in the market.

We will disable purchasing of new gift cards in DashDirect on July 15th. If you have unused gift cards in DashDirect, you will be able to access them for several weeks. We encourage you to email them to yourself using the "Send as a Gift" option or to screenshot their details before July 31st.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to [email protected]. Thank you for your understanding, your partnership and your support over the last 2 years. We appreciate you and look forward to a better future in which we can work together again.
Really sorry to read this. It's important that you keep your morals and continue to push where you can and within the law. I appreciate all the efforts you have put in and am grateful for your work. I can only imagine how frustrated and saddened you must be making this decision. Thankyou again and hopefully you'll get another chance in the future if the US stops this War on its own citizens freedom.

Really sorry to read this. It's important that you keep your morals and continue to push where you can and within the law. I appreciate all the efforts you have put in and am grateful for your work. I can only imagine how frustrated and saddened you must be making this decision. Thankyou again and hopefully you'll get another chance in the future if the US stops this War on its own citizens freedom.

Lets be honest. There are good regimes where you have to obey to laws, and pay your taxes. And bad regimes where obeying to laws and paying taxes is a moral crime.

@craymarshallg probably believes that he lives in a regime of the first kind, where all the paid taxes are for the profit of the citizens. Is this you case @craymarshallg ?

But not all regimes are the same, and Dash is a universal coin. So disobedience to laws and tax evasion is something that Dash community should not be opposed to, in moral terms.

@craymarshallg and @cryptosi, either you are too short-sighted, or too scared to admit the obvious.

Last edited:
And with this announcement every single thing previous DCG CEO pointed to as a success is has failed.

Everything that dash marketing hub as promoted has failed.

Everything Dash has accomplished outside of producing code has failed.

Makes you question the status of the code...

You are right. I cannot see a single field where DCG has been successful.

Dash core group needs to be dissolved. Dash needs a hard reset.

In order for something to be dissolved, something new must be created to fill its gap.
Otherwise anarchy occurs, which is even worst than bad governance.

Vote the (tax) numbers!

Last edited:
Lets be honest. There are good regimes where you have to obey to laws, and pay your taxes. And bad regimes where obeying to laws and paying taxes is a moral crime.

@craymarshallg probably believes that he lives in a regime of the first kind, where all the paid taxes are for the profit of the citizens. Is this you case @craymarshallg ?

But not all regimes are the same, and Dash is a universal coin. So disobedience to laws and tax evasion is something that Dash community should not be opposed to, in moral terms.

@craymarshallg and @cryptosi, either you are too short-sighted, or too scared to admit the obvious.
Grow up.

It's not about being scared. How are you supposed to operate a business if its against the law? How will you get insurance to protect your own customers? How will you get banking services which you will clearly need if you're converting crypto into fiat? How will you secure a business premises with no bank account? Are you supposed to pay your landlord in magic 'tough guy' beans?

I'm not scared, your rhetoric is both ignorant and annoying. Its so easy to sit in your position having attempted to actually do absolutely 0 which interacts with the legacy system that most people in the US (barring desertlynx) still live under. For you to talk about fear, whats on your resume besides jumping on forums to criticise driven by the hurt that your bags have deflated. If you're so tough, you figure it out, build a system to replace Dash Direct, nobody is stopping you, heck I'll help you. But I know, that tough as you think you are, when the system starts slamming doors in your face you'll soon humble yourself.

Grow up. It's not about being scared. How are you supposed to operate a business if its against the law?
Free up. Not against the local law. Ignore the local law.
How will you get insurance to protect your own customers?
No insurance, unless you mean insurance paid in crypto.
How will you get banking services which you will clearly need if you're converting crypto into fiat?
No banking services, no converting crypto to fiat.
How will you secure a business premises with no bank account?
I will not secure them with a bank account. Only with a crypto account.
Are you supposed to pay your landlord in magic 'tough guy' beans?
No...I will pay the landlord with crypto. That is the usage and the benefit of participating to local crypto-communities!!! On which, you fool, you have completely voted against!!!! Not a single penny to support them, not even a 001. A rude 000 is your vote for the local cryptocommunities, isnt it???
I'm not scared....bla bla bla
Yes you are.......

Last edited:
Free up. Not against the local law. Ignore the local law.

No insurance, unless you mean insurance paid in crypto.

No banking services, no converting crypto to fiat.

I will not secure them with a bank account. Only with a crypto account.

No...I will pay the landlord with crypto. That is the usage and the benefit of participating to local crypto-communities!!! On which, you fool, you have completely voted against!!!! Not a single penny to support them, not even a 001. A rude 000 is your vote for the local cryptocommunities, isnt it???

Yes you are.......
I agree with much of the analysis, but had there been greater regulatory clarity here in the US, this would have added to Dash market valuation. We don't have regulatory clarity here yet, so until then, we do what we have to in private economies. How much Dash you want for charting the Dash Alt Index Fund when it launches? I am still circling around to included shitcoin communities to see who wants in, looks like SYS wants in. Reply on my thread.

Back