• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Wallet Will Not Open

seafarer124

Yesterday had a power cut whilst wallet was open. My laptop does not have a battery.

When power resumed tried to open wallet and it commenced loading the blockchain, approx 1year and a few weeks. It continued loading for a while and then stopped.

A box popped up saying: dash-qt.exe has stopped working Close the program

I have tried several times to open and same message appears.

I was running V0.12.0.56.

I have done a system restore back to 17 January to see if the problem fixes itself, it did not.

I have also tried to download the Dash Light wallet and use "Restore Wallet" using the seed for the QT wallet. After adding the seed the "Next" button remains shaded, so, I cannot proceed any further with the installation.

Any offer of assistance to get the wallet operating again would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Dash Stopped Working.PNG
    Dash Stopped Working.PNG
    91 KB · Views: 99
Install dash qt in another computer (just to make sure you won't do anything irreversible), copy your old wallet.dat from the crashed instance into the working one.

I believe the power cut caused an error when writing your blockchain. If I were you, I would:
  • keep the wallet software closed for the moment;
  • make a backup copy of your "wallet.dat" file (usually located at the "...\AppData\Roaming\dash" folder);
  • then I would delete the contents of this "dash" foder;
  • restart the wallet software; and wait until it syncs the blockchain again (usually quite fast, anyway).
Finaly, when synced, you can simply close the wallet software and replace the wallet.dat file inside the "...\AppData\Roaming\dash" with the one you have previously made the backup. (but maybe you'd better wait for UdjinM6 or other person, more competent then I, to help you here.)

I believe the power cut caused an error when writing your blockchain. If I were you, I would:
  • keep the wallet software closed for the moment;
  • make a backup copy of your "wallet.dat" file (usually located at the "...\AppData\Roaming\dash" folder);
  • then I would delete the contents of this "dash" foder;
  • restart the wallet software; and wait until it syncs the blockchain again (usually quite fast, anyway).
Finaly, when synced, you can simply close the wallet software and replace the wallet.dat file inside the "...\AppData\Roaming\dash" with the one you have previously made the backup. (but maybe you'd better wait for UdjinM6 or other person, more competent then I, to help you here.)
+1
seafarer124 few notes though:
- save backups folder too in case wallet.dat is also corrupted
- before wiping everything try to use -reindex cmd-line option:
1) right-click on Dash Core shortcut, click Properties and add " -reindex" (no quotes, note the space) to Target field
2) run wallet and let it reindex, then close it once it's done and remove -reindex key from shortcut

EDIT: fyi: moved to Support subforum

+1
1) right-click on Dash Core shortcut, click Properties and add " -reindex" (no quotes, note the space) to Target field
2) run wallet and let it reindex, then close it once it's done and remove -reindex key from shortcut

Thanks for all replies.

I have just added -reindex and it has opened and with 1year/50weeks to load.

Will see how it goes after finished loading. Will update to latest version when finished and see if all OK.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all replies.

I have just added -reindex and it has opened and with 1year/50weeks to load.

Will see how it goes after finished loading. Will update to latest version when finished and see if all OK.

Will let you know how it goes.

I managed to get it synced and removed the -reindex closed client and updated to current version.

Opened wallet again and it is now stuck on "Synchronizing additional data: 75%", been like it for a long time.

I also started another new wallet on another laptop, it is stuck the same. I have not closed and opened that wallet.

Not sure what is going on.

Any help gratefully received.

"Synchronizing additional data: 75%"
That's normal. It does not interfere with your transactions, as far as I know.

+1

All worked well, now it is stuck on
"Synchronizing additional data: 75%"
That's normal. It does not interfere with your transactions, as far as I know.

OK, thanks.

It has just fully synced, it took a long time, was not sure if there was a problem.

All worked well, now it is stuck on

OK, thanks.

It has just fully synced, it took a long time, was not sure if there was a problem.

Hello guys,

I downloaded both Dash and Ethereum wallets at the same time and accidentally ran them at the same time. They both started sync., my CPU use went up to 100% and since then I have the same problem as you.

I've reinstalled Dash wallet several times and I'm not sure how I should follow up your instruction.

Could you explain me in more details how to use this " -reindex" feature?

Back