• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash QT appearing as virus

Pietro Speroni

Hello, I am on a Mac OSX.
Using Avast Security. I just tried to install Dash Core 19.2.0 but got hit by:
This is malware.
Which alternative wallet should I instead use? I have several of my funds on DASH Electrum 4.1.5.0.
I gathered Dash Electrum is no longer active. Will the words work on other wallets as well, or should I move them through a transaction?

Regards,
Pietro

Schermata 2023-07-06 alle 08.02.30.png

You can use it, a lot of AVs will see dashd as a virus because it can mine crypto if you set it up that way (of course, it's a crypto wallet after all)

AFAIK Electrum uses BIP39 which means it'll work with Ledger/Trezor/etc which support Dash, or any of the other multicurrency wallets available.

You can use it, a lot of AVs will see dashd as a virus because it can mine crypto if you set it up that way (of course, it's a crypto wallet after all)

AFAIK Electrum uses BIP39 which means it'll work with Ledger/Trezor/etc which support Dash, or any of the other multicurrency wallets available.
The Hardfork broke ElectrumX for Dash, KMD guy has already issued a pull request.

Привет. У меня есть монеты на Dash Electrum 4.1.5.0. Кошелек не работает. Как я могу вывести свои монеты? Спасибо.

Привет. У меня есть монеты на Dash Electrum 4.1.5.0. Кошелек не работает. Как я могу вывести свои монеты? Спасибо.
You can dump the privkey from electrum and import single addresses into dashcore wallet or follow the steps below.

Go to the Electrum wallet you have and do: Wallet -> Private keys -> Export.
This should generate a list of strings “<address> <addresstype>:<privkey>“.
Save this file in your documents folder and name it "keys.csv".
Then in the Dashcore wallet go to "tools>console" and type importelectrumwallet path/to/keys.csv.
Be sure to modify to the right path, for example ~/Documents/keys.csv

You can always wait for the new version of Electrum @pshenmic is preparing with working server.

Последнюю версию скачать можно тут

Latest version can be downloaded here

Back