• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Mixing Fee/Cost

EinsteinTX

Hi,

I've tried to answer this question myself by searching the web and forums, but I haven't been able to find any information on this. I understand there is a small fee that is paid when you mix your Dash. I'm sure this fee will depend on how much and what denominations it can be broken up into. However, I'd like to get a general idea of how much it will cost. Let's say I was going to mix 50 Dash, roughly $5000 at current market price. I would probably mix 5 x 10, or would it? If I did exactly 50 Dash, would it take the fee out and Mix different denominations? Are we talking 1% fee? 5% fee? 10% fee?

Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

From my limited mixing experience it is a very small fee if any. I mean a few cents for 10 coins check out
for more info

Each round of PrivateSend includes a masternode fee of 0.0125 DASH

At ~$100/dash that comes to $1.25 per round, which makes PrivateSend cost prohibitive at low amounts.

This here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/PrivateSend

Fee Model Anonymity

In other implementations of mixing software, fees can be used to break the transactions apart and identify users on the networks. On the Dash Network this is avoided by allowing masternodes a special type of message which allows them to broadcast fee-less transactions. We use this technology to decouple the fees from the transactions, so that for every 10 transactions using the PrivateSend technology, there is only one fee transaction. This prevents a timing attack on the PrivateSend implementatio

So does that mean there is a 1/10 chance of paying the 0.0125 fee?

Now I've confused myself. Is there a difference between a mixing fee and a PrivateSend fee?

The above cited documentation says very little about the fees (how much, when charged). Is there better documentation?

ping @tungfa

Looking at my QT wallet - under transactions you can filter by type -
there are 5 "private send ...." types
only 3 of them have non 0 fees
for 2 of them the fees associated with them almost all have .000xxx
PrivateSend Collateral Payment is consistent at .001

I am not in the mood to figure out USD values so I leave that to someone else.

Not sure if that matches any documentation but it is my actual values.

Now I've confused myself. Is there a difference between a mixing fee and a PrivateSend fee?

The above cited documentation says very little about the fees (how much, when charged). Is there better documentation?

ping @tungfa
PrivateSend sending fee and PrivateSend mixing fees are two different things.
Ping to @UdjinM6 , could you clear about sending and mixing fees/cost?

Edit : typos

"Is there a difference between a mixing fee and a PrivateSend fee? The above cited documentation says very little about the fees (how much, when charged). Is there better documentation?"

You've articulated my question much better than I did. You've nailed it. Is there anyone out there that can explain this better? Thanks to all those that have participated in the discussion.

On "Mixing Monday" I mixed 20 coins for 3 rounds. My balance went down by .003 dash about $.26 so for about a quarter those coins are "private." That doesn't seem expensive.

The process was very slow - I started at 8:40 am and finished 13:16 so about 4.5 hours. Most of that time seemed to be spent finding something to mix with. Lots of messages about queuing at masternode and timing out.

The process is really easy and I didn't feel like I was risking anything. There is a big button that says stop and if pressed you have your full balance.

Back