• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Drive - AD Multimaster replication

nodeComplex

OK, So this dash drive discussion really reminds me a lot of an Active directory setup. In fact I think of it as "Dash Directory". In an active directory setup you are synchronizing directory information across multiple Domain Controllers (in our case Masternodes). The information you are syncing relates to all users and devices on the network.

1)So in the case of AD (users, groups, printers, workstations, servers).
2)In the case of Dash Drive (users, groups, masternodes, miners)

And so there are use cases, successes and pitfalls already in implementation out there. In the case of synchronizing 3400 masternodes with this information is very similar to AD multi-master replication.

Any clustering of masternodes of while achieving fault tolerance has probably been explored there. Perhaps there are clues to implementing it effectively there by analyzing AD and domain controller configurations.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc959273.aspx

Maybe you can even expand the peer-to-peer authentication services used in DashDrive to work in a general purpose scenario. There are a lot of services to compete with in this area Microsoft Azure, facebook auth, google auth, SSO through SAML 2.0 with Okta, OneLogin etc.

Best of all it requires far less data than bulk storage projects like STORJ. Which I think are problematic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what you're saying, but thanks for your input! I'm sure someone more technical will reply soon...:wink:

Thank you! That's the cool thing about this platform, so many possibilities.

Thanks for your Masternode guides also! I would definitely not have been able to get mine up and running as quickly without it.

Back