• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Doesn't Need to Reinvent the Wheel with Advertising - Online Search Beats it All

What would be the strategy? Say someone clicks an advert... then what? Where are they directed? What's the landing page? Dash.org (which is an authority site and too data intense to convert anyone on a single visit..) or perhaps to a lead capture 'landing page' in which we offer some kind of freebie in return for the target's email address so we can build a list... and then we'd need an auto responder email campaign to develop a relationship with the target because they will need to be contacted several times before they buy anything (or take any desired action such as downloading a wallet etc.)

@dashdisciple ... please let me know a bit more of your strategic approach beyond obtaining the initial click through.

I would love to support this idea, and I am currently studying online marketing so I would be interested in getting involved. I hope I'm well known enough in the community to be considered as possibly trustworthy. But whether or not this could happen, I would be interested to find out more from you as to the strategy here.

Thanks.

Btw.. I would consider putting up some or all of he 5 dash necessary to fund a formal a proposal (after discussion as a preproposal on this forum of course) - although I'd welcome A joint venture contribution from you @dashdisciple

I've been mentioned by my real name by @Mark Mason on the 3 amigos podcast as a live commenter there, and if/when I formally introduce myself to Mark I'm certain he'll remember me! I've also been doing business with another Dash Core person for a couple of years and he will vouch for me as well if the time comes to proceed with this as a proposal.

I like the stuff you've said over the past few months dashdisciple and would really like to learn from you.

I'm based in England btw.

What would be the strategy? Say someone clicks an advert... then what? Where are they directed? What's the landing page? Dash.org (which is an authority site and too data intense to convert anyone on a single visit..) or perhaps to a lead capture 'landing page' in which we offer some kind of freebie in return for the target's email address so we can build a list... and then we'd need an auto responder email campaign to develop a relationship with the target because they will need to be contacted several times before they buy anything (or take any desired action such as downloading a wallet etc.)

@dashdisciple ... please let me know a bit more of your strategic approach beyond obtaining the initial click through.

I would love to support this idea, and I am currently studying online marketing so I would be interested in getting involved. I hope I'm well known enough in the community to be considered as possibly trustworthy. But whether or not this could happen, I would be interested to find out more from you as to the strategy here.

Thanks.

Very good question. In a mature, ideal scenario, we'd bid on a wide range of keyword types and send them to various landing pages based on their country of origin and search term. As you suggested, we could attempt to gather their email and keep them informed based with constant contact, or perhaps we could engage them with a live chat box. We'd have the best tailored solution/wallets/exchanges ready for them based on their query and geography, and we'd be holding their hands with live chat from the moment they got to our landing page. I like fantasizing about this in the future, but for the moment, I'm suggesting we start out with something more basic:

In a basic scenario, we'd probably want a couple landing pages that did their best to summarize Dash, perhaps compare it to Bitcoin (since their search would be crypto related), then show them how and where to buy it, and download a wallet. We'd likely include our best short video. We'd have metrics on wallet downloads, bounce rates, referral clicks to exchanges, avg time on the site.
To advance things a tad bit, we could run a simple promotion in order to measure conversions that way.

Initial setup:

A US based user searches for "how to buy dash", we send them to: https://www.dash.org/get-dash/

If a person types "is dash private", we could send them to a specific forum thread that addresses their question.

Using the display network, we could also simply target users who have frequented crypto websites and follow them around the internet with Dash banners. At a minimum, these would be well targeted. After a week of targeted banners running, everyone in crypto would be asking about Dash, and wondering how in the world they are appearing EVERYWHERE.

The perfect Adword campaign can be blueprinted with steps along the way, but as a first step, we should replace some of our poorer performing generic proposals with inexpensive traffic that is at least targeted towards crypto/finance enthusiasts.

Wow. Lots to think about. It's late here now so will give this more consideration tomorrow.

Cheers!

Btw.. I would consider putting up some or all of he 5 dash necessary to fund a formal a proposal (after discussion as a preproposal on this forum of course) - although I'd welcome A joint venture contribution from you @dashdisciple

I've been mentioned by my real name by @Mark Mason on the 3 amigos podcast as a live commenter there, and if/when I formally introduce myself to Mark I'm certain he'll remember me! I've also been doing business with another Dash Core person for a couple of years and he will vouch for me as well if the time comes to proceed with this as a proposal.

I like the stuff you've said over the past few months dashdisciple and would really like to learn from you.

I'm based in England btw.

I appreciate the offer to help share the proposal costs. I, too, would contribute to that part if it helped.

The main thing we need is a very trusted Dash member to be proposal owner. They'd then exchange the Dash for fiat, and deposit into a Google adwords account. (Overtime, we'd expand to competing services like Bing/Reddit/Facebook, as well. ) They'd also be someone or have someone who would want to be trained in how to improve the campaign over time. Setting up an initial campaign is simple, but the more work and energy you put into it, the better it performs.

Why not 10 people who are all buying ads in their own accounts?

Aside from losing the benefit of more data to A/B test with, the accounts would, by accident, end up competing with themselves on bids and placements.

Hmm..

One of those life changing moments. The Dash amigos definitely know me, but only as a commenter, so perhaps for the size of the budget that would preclude me as 'very trusted community member' as at this stage I haven't connected my identity with my Super8 nickname/handle.

Ironically I have just today put in a request to my corporate employer to ask to reduce my hours to part-time, so if they grant me this (I'm waiting to hear) I would have the time/energy/desire/motivation to really take this somewhere. As I say I'm studying online marketing through https://thesixfigurementors.com/ and this is why I am going part time as I have a passion to learn online marketing so I can promote the things I am passionate about.. i.e. Dash.

Maybe we can talk more tomorrow? (It's coming up to 1am here.)

Good night.

Hmm..

One of those life changing moments. The Dash amigos definitely know me, but only as a commenter, so perhaps for the size of the budget that would preclude me as 'very trusted community member' as at this stage I haven't connected my identity with my Super8 nickname/handle.

Ironically I have just today put in a request to my corporate employer to ask to reduce my hours to part-time, so if they grant me this (I'm waiting to hear) I would have the time/energy/desire/motivation to really take this somewhere. As I say I'm studying online marketing through https://thesixfigurementors.com/ and this is why I am going part time as I have a passion to learn online marketing so I can promote the things I am passionate about.. i.e. Dash.

Maybe we can talk more tomorrow? (It's coming up to 1am here.)

Good night.
If nobody with more "trust" is interested in being proposal owner on this mainstay, we could certainly start smaller and launch our own proposal. I am willing to act as consultant and architect of the campaign, taking an admin role on the account, and training you on how to keep it improving. I had a good long phone conversation with @Mark Mason today, and I believe that others would be willing to assist us if we had to go it alone.

The proposal owner would need to be well verified on at least one exchange, and have the banking instruments to fund the Google account. (ideally using Visa/MC, could also be a wire transfer.)

Dash MNOs and proposal owners spend a lot of time coming up with wildly creative and wonderful sounding marketing ideas. Airplanes, buses, circuses, clubs, oh my! How fun and exciting! True - those are fun, exciting ideas that may have some value as morale boosters. They may provide some shred of untracked value that is hard to repeat, harder to track, hard to scale.

However, if you are an online organization and want to rake in the highest ROIs, do it fast, easily, and be able to scale up and down quickly, digital search is the best way to go. It's not even a close contest. Bing and Google search ads are exceedingly targeted, can be set up within a day, taken down just as fast, and can send precise messages to precise groups. You can pick which websites to advertise on, what countries, what terms, everything. The more you dig in, the higher the returns. It's math. Amazon, Etsy, Apple and whatever other online company you can think of spends almost all of its ad money on search because it makes the most return, every time. The bigger their companies get, the more they spend. It's a virtuous cycle.

I am suggesting that Dash aim to spend 95% of its marketing budget (which is currently roughly 75% of its total budget) on digital search ads. Seem extreme to suggest a $1.5M/mo spend on Adwords search? It's not. It's just the fastest, cleanest, and most effective way to get the best marketing - which seems to be what most proposals are about.

Are you making a proposal Dashdisciple?

No, not right now. I'm first trying to educate, and then I'm going to find a trusted party within Dash (someone at Core, perhaps someone at DashForceNews @mastermined or @Mark Mason or @coingun , and then I'm going to try to convince them to do it. If I can't convince them quickly, I hope that someone else out there reading this, can.

How would this work?

They'd take a budget, maybe $100k at first, and put it into a Google Adwords account. If they wanted my help, myself or one of my dedicated experts would assist free-of-charge in a shared administrator role on the account. We'd have zero ability to touch the funds. We'd just be there to apply our knowledge and tools for Dash's benefit. We'd fiddle with numbers, bids, and tracking links like nerds while Dash gets its message out in the most efficient way the community has ever seen.

If this idea appeals to anyone, please help me out. If you want to ask more detailed questions about what I'm proposing or why, ask. If you are one of these trusted people, and you think I can help push this project forward, please contact me. I work at the pleasure of Dash, without compensation, I have valuable tools and experience, and I've spent millions of dollars on search for my own businesses and other people's businesses. I know it works, I know the system inside and out, and I know how to beat everyone else dipping their toes in.

Why don't you just post a proposal?

I don't want to earn anything, and there are people with more trust in a better position to run and manage a campaign for lots of money. I can still help without being the proposal owner.

amazon-budget.png

hands down, the best advice out there, Digital is far more effective than anything else we are doing currently.

The way i look the marketing is simple, we need Dash App downloads and lots of them, but when we look at the Cost per download for a typical digital marketing campaign, it usually crosses $10 and thats why i have proposed Pay per download using SMS OTP verification where we pay just $2 per user.

I believe app downloads should be achieved by simply paying people and other brand awareness campaigns should be rolled out through digital marketing.

let me know what your thoughts are.

@dashdisciple people like you are the reason that gives me hope for the future for dash, so dont lose hope when some people here put you down.

Most people don't understand this but Marketing is an extremely important thing for any successful business much more so for crypto, where launching a rival currency is as simple as copy paste

Last edited:
I'm in discussion with @dashdisciple regarding this thread, and whether or not I become involved in a formal proposal, I will, in any event look to him as a mentor to help me promote Dash via online marketing.

I'll keep you all updated, but I think we have an excellent opportunity here.

I'm reminded of the expression "When the student is ready, the Teacher appears."

I'm ready!

Awesome guys, you have my full support !

Also I remember a pre-proposal that was trying to set up a website for the people to easily get some dash (small amounts like 5 €, in order to not meet all the regulatory problems - I believe). But I can't find the thread. However, I believe it is really important that people, after downolading the app, can as quickly as possible get a taste of it. Even though it is 0.0001 dash !

hands down, the best advice out there, Digital is far more effective, but even it has its certain cost limits.

The way i look the marketing is simple, we need Dash App downloads and lots of them, but when we look at the Cost per download for a typical digital marketing campaign, it usually crosses $10 and thats why i have proposed Pay per download using SMS OTP verification where we pay just $2 per user, let me know what your thoughts are.

I believe app downloads can be achieved by simply paying people and other brand awareness campaigns should be rolled out through digital marketing.

@dashdisciple people like you are the reason that gives me lots of hope for the future for dash, so dont lose hope when some people here put you down.

I think this pay per download is on the right track. It's a combination of #firstdashwallet, but without overpaying. It also requires an action from them, and has built-in referral virality. Instead of simply paying them to download the wallet, what we're really doing is giving them a few duffs to play around with - certainly a crucial part of testing out Dash. As verification only, SMS makes sense. Many sites use it. (Although, I'd also like to trash those phone numbers immediately for privacy reasons.) Shooting traffic at a site like this could certainly be part of an A/B test within a paid adgroup. I'd also encourage other people to create their own Dash landing pages similar to this. With A/B testing available with Adwords, we could run our own little internal Dash challenge to see whose landing pages worked best.

In general, online marketing is very easy and boils down to three main elements:

1) Find your most qualified, relevant interested audience. (Crypto people, then finance people or possibly gold people.)
2) Get the cheapest visits from them that you can. (Has to be tracked somehow.)
3) Convert them to user/buyer/participant. (Dash.org is where most of our advertising points, and there is much room for improvement here.)

I believe that most of our current proposals check off 1 or 2 of those boxes, tops. Even with an good adwords campaign getting cheap, relevant traffic, we'd still want to strive to improve #3 (by sending them to a landing page better than dash.org)

Awesome guys, you have my full support !

Also I remember a pre-proposal that was trying to set up a website for the people to easily get some dash (small amounts like 5 €, in order to not meet all the regulatory problems - I believe). But I can't find the thread. However, I believe it is really important that people, after downolading the app, can as quickly as possible get a taste of it. Even though it is 0.0001 dash !
Yes, I remember that site. It sadly got voted down. I believe there were CC processing concerns over it. (perhaps justified, but the proposal owner was willing to take on the risk himself..)

Now is probably the time to invite anyone and everyone to create Dash landing pages (be sure to use standardized graphics: https://www.dash.org/graphics/).

With a wide selection of landing pages with helpful content and creative ways to engage/convert the visitors, we should be able to point lots of traffic at them and A/B test to sort out the most effective ones.

I agree 100% creating Google Ad campaign to send traffic to Dash.org alone will NOT have a high conversion rate in terms of achieving the Dash adoption results that we're seeking.

Before we start paying for ads to generate traffic, it is vital the destination we will be promoting has the best content possible that caters to all audiences.

As recently discussed on 3 amigos podcast with a few of the Core team members - Sending new-comers to just Dash.org is simply not good enough.

An aesthetically pleasing professional 'sales style' landing page, answering simple direct questions: What is Dash?, Why should I use Dash? and How do I buy Dash?

We also need a dedicated page for business owners. To simplify the process and make it as easy and straight forward as possible.

Are you business owner?

YES

(Options Pick One) 1.Brick & Mortar Business or 2.Online eCommerce Business?

Option 1.Brick & Mortar Business

Are you 1. Small to Medium Business / 2.Medium to Large Business / 3.Multinational Business

Here are your POS options..... With simple how to integrate Dash POS solution guide videos condensed into 2-5 min videos.

Option 2. eCommerce Business?

Are you using 1.Wordpress 2.Shopify 3.Large Scale Online Business

Here are the plugin/solution options available and here are simple how to guide videos and how to integrate them to your business.

Ideally this business adoption solution idea would be on DiscoverDash.com as we can then encourage businesses to add their listing to growing business directory.

One thing that has been holding us back from implementing this idea is a solid POS Dash solution.

I would also love to see a user adoption landing page on DiscoverDash.com With an Menu option.. New to Dash?

That answers all the What is Dash?, Why should I use Dash? and How do I buy Dash? questions.

We need a universal solution that people in community can refer businesses and new users to. Make it as easy and simple to understand as possible.

Have you heard about Dash?..... No,.... you should check out DiscoverDash.com it tells you everything you need to know.

The advantage of having quick video guides is that the content can be easily shared, stored and accessed on all social media platforms.

All of us can then use these videos for our advertising/marketing efforts which should yield a much higher conversion rate than just sending people to Dash.org.

We need to standardize our strategy so all of our outreach efforts are in sync so we have confluence, and we're all singing from the same hymn sheets for maximum results.

Once we prove ourselves showcasing the effectiveness of the content and delivery of message with evidence to back it up. Perhaps Core will then consider adding this content to the Dash.org.

We need to do this as professional and slick as possible. No short-cuts!

I had a great phone call with DashDisciple yesterday to discuss ideas and future gameplan.

This is not about proposals or profiteering from offering to deliver ad campaigns. This is about execution and the delivery of high quality production content that will command authority and respect when people watch it. It's about getting the right message and information about Dash across that is easy to understand for all audiences watching and doing Dash proud based on the merit of hard work to benefit the community as a whole.

I have my hands full right now with many projects. But I would like to form a round-table of 5-10 individuals from community where we can discuss and share ideas to ensure that we get everything right 100%. I may even get a few Core members involved to overlook and make sure message is correct and on point.

We have access to a few production companies, but we need to walk first before we can run. We need a plan and clear outline of written information and content before we seek direction of video format and delivery style.

We need to focus the content on the solution Dash provides and avoid any specific tutorial sytle content that could become quickly outdated, so we will have a much longer shelf-life regardless of what happens with Dash Evolution/Updates in the future.

If we can all work together and merge our efforts to get this one solution right, ad-campaigns moving forward will be breeze.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% creating Google Ad campaign to send traffic to Dash.org alone will NOT have a high conversion rate in terms of achieving the Dash adoption results that we're seeking.

I had a great phone call with DashDisciple yesterday to discuss ideas and future gameplan.

This is not about proposals or profiteering from offering to deliver ad campaigns. This is about execution and the delivery of high quality production content that will command authority and respect when people watch it. It's about getting the right message and information about Dash across that is easy to understand for all audiences watching and doing Dash proud based on the merit of hard work to benefit the community as a whole.

I agree with this, thanks Mark.

A critical part to the execution of this plan will be directing users to good landing pages. Mark's ideas are good, and I believe that they can be implemented incrementally.

A simple, one page landing page with Dash's benefits and how to engage with it, could be a solid place to start. From there, we can branch off and send different traffic types to the more specific types of landing pages Mark is mentioning.

From discussions over the last 24 hours, it sounds like several people are working to create new landing pages. I encourage this, and believe that we can A/B test them depending on the search terms that we're using to forward traffic to them. (As long as we standardize on graphics and messaging of the basic themes.)

I would also like to add, if you have any friends, work colleagues or family members interested in Dash. In addition to Dash.org tell them to check out the Dash 101 menu section on DashForceNews.com ----> Eg. https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-school/

Hopefully visitors that are referred and learn about Dash here, will then be incentivised to return daily/weekly to the site for the latest news and updates on Dash. Strategically this is much more advantageous that just a static one-time visit website as it serves multiple purposes.

I'm always open to adding more content/pages to menu section if you think something is missing and will add value.

Dash Force News is a community project so I respect and appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Cheers,

Mark

What is your professional assessment of the Eralith YouTube campaign?

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/eralith-youtube-ad-campaign-report-thread.15370/
Jim, I like Eralith as a content producer and I'm happy he's chosen to focus his talent towards Dash projects. I like that he is producing the jet plane video, and I liked his storyboards for other videos. In an ideal world, I would love to separate his content out and have someone else specialized in Adwords to actually be purchasing the ad space, though. I voted for both his campaigns because I was happy to see this as a start to the type of purchased online advertising Dash needs, but in the future, I believe it would be best to purchase his content, but not his bundled views.

I inquired into some details regarding click prices on a per-country basis, and didn't get an answer that instilled confidence that the Adwords portion of the campaign is being run at a high-level. With traffic from India at 30%+, those clicks need to be purchased at a price commensurate to the per capita GDP of that country. In general, a really good Adwords tactic is to set bid adjustment percentages up and down based on the GDP of the country. If India's per capita GDP is 10% of the US's, the per click price should be 10%. My fear is that we are seeing a 30% India portion because Eralith is overbidding on India traffic (while a more savvy ad buyer is gobbling up the higher worth traffic.) A dramatic comparison would be this: Would you rather have a site visitor from Nigeria or from Switzerland, and why?

I inquired as to click prices per country, but Eralith was unaware that you could get that level of granularity in the statistics. https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/eralith-youtube-ad-campaign-report-thread.15370/#post-136576

@Mark Mason And all those pages you published extorting the wonders of dash sponsorship.. how's that going to work, explaining that now dash is committing to rejecting 95% of those kind of initiatives, and instead has chosen to abuse users privacy via google adwords and SMS verification? Would you care to explain to Scott from Dash Aerosports or Circus City that future deals may well be off the table?

If this proposal passes I will publish articles explaining to everyone how this is working. Then you guys might be dealing with damage control.

Targeted Ads = No Privacy, because the data had to come from somewhere.

Go ahead and disagree with this post even though it's a clear statement of fact.

Back