• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH DAO Tutorial Videos - 10 DASH Fee

cryptosi

Hello Dash Masternode Network and Community Members,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is CryptoSI, and I am excited to present a proposal that I believe will significantly contribute to the Dash community's growth and education.

FEE
To create all 6 videos in the series I'd like 10 Dash, This is more of a token payment, Regardless of the proposal passing or not the videos will still be created.
Please let me know if you feel this fee is too low, I will gladly raise it ;)

This proposal will last for 1 cycle.

Background​

Some of you may be familiar with my work on DAOWatch.blog, where I regularly review Dash proposals along with other DAO projects and attempt to educate and engage people on DAO governance and the developments within DAOs across crypto. You can view Daowatch videos here : -

I am currently in the process of creating a similar suite of videos for PIVX, A fork of Dash which has moved to proof of stake and maintained the priority on Privacy. you can view the videos created for PIVX here: -
These tutorials have empowered PIVX community members with clear instructions on creating proposals, voting, and tracking progress.
Once completed these videos will also be posted to my DAO focused Site, DAOWATCH.BLOG

Introducing: DASH DAO Tutorial Videos​

Building on the success and experience gained from the PIVX project, I am proposing to create a similar series of tutorial videos tailored specifically for Dash. These videos will be designed to educate both new and existing Dash users on creating Dash governance proposals. The aim being to help to onboard more entrepreneurs and builders into the Dash ecosystem.

Objectives​

• Educate: Provide clear and concise tutorials on putting forward proposals in DASH governance and more.
  • Engage: Foster community engagement and collaboration through interactive content.
  • Empower: Enable users to make the most of Dash's unique features and benefits.

Content Overview​

The DASH DAO Tutorial Videos will cover topics such as:

• Getting Started
  • Initiating Community Discussion
  • Adding the Proposal to the Chain
  • Monitoring the Proposal
  • Promoting Your Proposal
  • Reporting
Budget and Resource Allocation
The requested budget for this project is 10 DASH, which primarily covers the labor required to plan, create, and publish the tutorial series. Since all editing, recording, and hosting duties are being handled by myself at no extra cost, and the videos will be hosted free on YouTube, this budget is primarily for compensating the time and effort put into this project.

Here is a simplified breakdown of the budget:
  1. Planning and Scripting: Each of the six videos requires thorough research, scripting, and planning to ensure the content is accurate, engaging, and helpful. This task is estimated to take approximately 25% of the overall time.
  2. Recording and Editing: This involves recording the video, doing the voiceover, and editing the footage. Given the complexity of this task, it is estimated to take around 50% of the total time.
  3. Finalizing and Publishing: This includes final touches, proof-watching, uploading, and publishing the videos. This task will take approximately 15% of the total time.
  4. Promotion and Community Engagement: The remaining 10% of the time will be allocated for promoting the videos on various platforms and engaging with the community for feedback and discussions.
While the sum requested may seem modest given the scope of the project, it is important to note that the primary motivation behind this proposal is to contribute to the Dash community and promote active engagement in its decentralized governance model. Although the potential for higher earnings exists elsewhere, the value derived from enhancing community participation and empowering individuals with knowledge to contribute effectively to DASH's governance is seen as a significant reward for me personally. I really just want Crypto and DAOs to improve and ultimately succeed.

Community Engagement and Distribution Strategy​

The strategy for hosting and distributing the videos has been designed to ensure maximum visibility and accessibility, promoting a high degree of engagement among the DASH community and beyond.
  1. Hosting: The tutorial videos will be hosted on two primary platforms. Firstly, they will be uploaded to my YouTube channel, which provides a user-friendly and widely accessible platform. In addition to this, the videos will also be made available within the DASH community through embedding or linking, ensuring direct accessibility to community members.
  2. Promotion within the DASH community: I plan to leverage the community's established communication channels for promoting these videos. These channels include the DASH forums, Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram and any other relevant platform. This will ensure the core user base is promptly informed of new tutorial releases.
  3. Broader Promotion: We plan to reach beyond the DASH community by leveraging social media platforms such as Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram. Engaging posts and snippets from the videos can serve to capture the attention of a broader audience. These posts will contain links to the full video tutorials, inviting interested individuals to engage further. This strategy not only aims to attract potential new community members but also raises general awareness about Dash's unique governance model.
  4. Ongoing Engagement: Following the release of each tutorial, I will actively participate in ensuing discussions, answering questions and providing clarification where necessary. This ongoing engagement will help to build a sense of community, encourage active learning, and ensure that the content is clearly understood.
  5. Feedback Loop: Finally, a continuous feedback loop will be established to inform the ongoing refinement of these tutorials. Community members will be encouraged to provide their thoughts and suggestions, allowing the content to evolve according to the community's needs. pending future proposals of course.
Through this multi-faceted distribution and engagement strategy, we aim to ensure these tutorials reach a wide audience, stimulate robust discussions, and ultimately foster a more engaged, empowered, and active Dash community.

Collaboration and Feedback​

I believe in the power of collaboration and community input. Therefore, I invite all Dash community members, especially Masternode owners, to share their thoughts, suggestions, and feedback on this proposal. Your insights will be invaluable in shaping the content and ensuring that it meets the community's needs.
For the thumbnails I'm going to try to collaborate with Dan S (discord handle), As he was the person who helped me create the template I use for the DASH Proposal of the week twitter posts I regularly create. I may change the FEE in light of any compensation he requests as I feel he should be propoerly paid for his time. He has previously helped me for free.

Contingency

If the proposal does not pass, I will still complete the tutorials and post them, I will however not allow Dash to post them on their youtube channel and I will feel upset and rejected.

If the vote fails but I am given the Dash via donation, I will gift the content to Dash for them to do as they please in the same way I would if I were funded by the treasury, I will however not get the bragging rights of calling the tutorials the Official Dash DAO tutorials.

Concerns
With Platform coming soon, I'm expecting new wallets to be created and the proposal creation process to possibly change, in which case these tutorials will quickly become outdated, if this is the case I will of course put in a new proposal and ask for yet more funding to create NEW tutorial videos. This may happen anyway if new ways to create proposals become available via differenc wallets such as browser or mobile wallets.

Conclusion​

The DASH DAO Tutorial Videos aim to be a valuable resource for the Dash community, enhancing understanding, engagement, and utilization of Dash. With your support, we can make this vision a reality.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via Email or Twitter if you have any questions or would like to discuss this proposal further.

Thank you for considering this proposal, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
CryptoSI
DAOWATCH.blog

Hello Dash Masternode Network and Community Members,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is CryptoSI, and I am excited to present a proposal that I believe will significantly contribute to the Dash community's growth and education.

FEE
To create all 6 videos in the series I'd like 10 Dash, This is more of a token payment, Regardless of the proposal passing or not the videos will still be created.
Please let me know if you feel this fee is too low, I will gladly raise it ;)

This proposal will last for 1 cycle.

Background​

Some of you may be familiar with my work on DAOWatch.blog, where I regularly review Dash proposals along with other DAO projects and attempt to educate and engage people on DAO governance and the developments within DAOs across crypto. You can view Daowatch videos here : -

I am currently in the process of creating a similar suite of videos for PIVX, A fork of Dash which has moved to proof of stake and maintained the priority on Privacy. you can view the videos created for PIVX here: -
These tutorials have empowered PIVX community members with clear instructions on creating proposals, voting, and tracking progress.
Once completed these videos will also be posted to my DAO focused Site, DAOWATCH.BLOG

Introducing: DASH DAO Tutorial Videos​

Building on the success and experience gained from the PIVX project, I am proposing to create a similar series of tutorial videos tailored specifically for Dash. These videos will be designed to educate both new and existing Dash users on creating Dash governance proposals. The aim being to help to onboard more entrepreneurs and builders into the Dash ecosystem.

Objectives​

• Educate: Provide clear and concise tutorials on putting forward proposals in DASH governance and more.
  • Engage: Foster community engagement and collaboration through interactive content.
  • Empower: Enable users to make the most of Dash's unique features and benefits.

Content Overview​

The DASH DAO Tutorial Videos will cover topics such as:

• Getting Started
  • Initiating Community Discussion
  • Adding the Proposal to the Chain
  • Monitoring the Proposal
  • Promoting Your Proposal
  • Reporting
Budget and Resource Allocation
The requested budget for this project is 10 DASH, which primarily covers the labor required to plan, create, and publish the tutorial series. Since all editing, recording, and hosting duties are being handled by myself at no extra cost, and the videos will be hosted free on YouTube, this budget is primarily for compensating the time and effort put into this project.

Here is a simplified breakdown of the budget:
  1. Planning and Scripting: Each of the six videos requires thorough research, scripting, and planning to ensure the content is accurate, engaging, and helpful. This task is estimated to take approximately 25% of the overall time.
  2. Recording and Editing: This involves recording the video, doing the voiceover, and editing the footage. Given the complexity of this task, it is estimated to take around 50% of the total time.
  3. Finalizing and Publishing: This includes final touches, proof-watching, uploading, and publishing the videos. This task will take approximately 15% of the total time.
  4. Promotion and Community Engagement: The remaining 10% of the time will be allocated for promoting the videos on various platforms and engaging with the community for feedback and discussions.
While the sum requested may seem modest given the scope of the project, it is important to note that the primary motivation behind this proposal is to contribute to the Dash community and promote active engagement in its decentralized governance model. Although the potential for higher earnings exists elsewhere, the value derived from enhancing community participation and empowering individuals with knowledge to contribute effectively to DASH's governance is seen as a significant reward for me personally. I really just want Crypto and DAOs to improve and ultimately succeed.

Community Engagement and Distribution Strategy​

The strategy for hosting and distributing the videos has been designed to ensure maximum visibility and accessibility, promoting a high degree of engagement among the DASH community and beyond.
  1. Hosting: The tutorial videos will be hosted on two primary platforms. Firstly, they will be uploaded to my YouTube channel, which provides a user-friendly and widely accessible platform. In addition to this, the videos will also be made available within the DASH community through embedding or linking, ensuring direct accessibility to community members.
  2. Promotion within the DASH community: I plan to leverage the community's established communication channels for promoting these videos. These channels include the DASH forums, Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram and any other relevant platform. This will ensure the core user base is promptly informed of new tutorial releases.
  3. Broader Promotion: We plan to reach beyond the DASH community by leveraging social media platforms such as Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram. Engaging posts and snippets from the videos can serve to capture the attention of a broader audience. These posts will contain links to the full video tutorials, inviting interested individuals to engage further. This strategy not only aims to attract potential new community members but also raises general awareness about Dash's unique governance model.
  4. Ongoing Engagement: Following the release of each tutorial, I will actively participate in ensuing discussions, answering questions and providing clarification where necessary. This ongoing engagement will help to build a sense of community, encourage active learning, and ensure that the content is clearly understood.
  5. Feedback Loop: Finally, a continuous feedback loop will be established to inform the ongoing refinement of these tutorials. Community members will be encouraged to provide their thoughts and suggestions, allowing the content to evolve according to the community's needs. pending future proposals of course.
Through this multi-faceted distribution and engagement strategy, we aim to ensure these tutorials reach a wide audience, stimulate robust discussions, and ultimately foster a more engaged, empowered, and active Dash community.

Collaboration and Feedback​

I believe in the power of collaboration and community input. Therefore, I invite all Dash community members, especially Masternode owners, to share their thoughts, suggestions, and feedback on this proposal. Your insights will be invaluable in shaping the content and ensuring that it meets the community's needs.
For the thumbnails I'm going to try to collaborate with Dan S (discord handle), As he was the person who helped me create the template I use for the DASH Proposal of the week twitter posts I regularly create. I may change the FEE in light of any compensation he requests as I feel he should be propoerly paid for his time. He has previously helped me for free.

Contingency
If the proposal does not pass, I will still complete the tutorials and post them, I will however not allow Dash to post them on their youtube channel and I will feel upset and rejected.

If the vote fails but I am given the Dash via donation, I will gift the content to Dash for them to do as they please in the same way I would if I were funded by the treasury, I will however not get the bragging rights of calling the tutorials the Official Dash DAO tutorials.

Concerns
With Platform coming soon, I'm expecting new wallets to be created and the proposal creation process to possibly change, in which case these tutorials will quickly become outdated, if this is the case I will of course put in a new proposal and ask for yet more funding to create NEW tutorial videos. This may happen anyway if new ways to create proposals become available via differenc wallets such as browser or mobile wallets.

Conclusion​

The DASH DAO Tutorial Videos aim to be a valuable resource for the Dash community, enhancing understanding, engagement, and utilization of Dash. With your support, we can make this vision a reality.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via Email or Twitter if you have any questions or would like to discuss this proposal further.

Thank you for considering this proposal, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
CryptoSI
DAOWATCH.blog
10 Dash is too low an ask to put before the DAO, try Incubator.

OK, I'd rather raise the ask to a reasonable ask than to avoid the DAO process. I'm going to use this proposal as an example during the videos. I've been speaking with another masternode owner and he suggested raising the ask anyway to 40 DASH, I think I may just raise it to 30 DASH, what do you think?

OK, I'd rather raise the ask to a reasonable ask than to avoid the DAO process. I'm going to use this proposal as an example during the videos. I've been speaking with another masternode owner and he suggested raising the ask anyway to 40 DASH, I think I may just raise it to 30 DASH, what do you think?
30 Dash would be a reasonable bare minimum to bring before the DAO. Good luck!

Hi @cryptosi I support your endeavour to create this proposal and I think the rate (30 Dash) is fair considering the work required to put together these videos. However, no proposal tutorial would be complete without heavy reference to this guide on the matter https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-new-governance-proposal-in-2022.53371/ and of course the amazing MNOwatch proposal generator https://mnowatch.org/proposal-generator/ which gets the process done in just one confirmation !!!! That's a whole six times faster than the competition and best of all it is completely FREE to use!

Hi @cryptosi I support your endeavour to create this proposal and I think the rate (30 Dash) is fair considering the work required to put together these videos. However, no proposal tutorial would be complete without heavy reference to this guide on the matter https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-new-governance-proposal-in-2022.53371/ and of course the amazing MNOwatch proposal generator https://mnowatch.org/proposal-generator/ which gets the process done in just one confirmation !!!! That's a whole six times faster than the competition and best of all it is completely FREE to use!
I will certainly aim to use this tool, I'll discuss any potential dangers of having transactions created by 3rd parties, they are all pretty easy to mitigate. Thanks for your support :)

:(

The lazy masternodes dont like to do the job the community gave them to do (vote the proposals), and they outsourced it to incubator!

Pathetic.

For the masternodes who are bored to vote for proposals, let them lose their voting rights!

Back