• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core v20.0.0 Release Announcement

Pasta mentioned during Q & A of latest Dash Platform and Core Development Update (www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeS8l5vTIYg) timestamp 1:02:20, that the earliest possible lock-in of Dash Core v20 by miners could be 22nd of November 2023, leading to a possible earliest activation date of 30th of November 2023.

Those dates gave me the chance to estimate (!) the 10 cycles / 10 weeks / 10 x 4032 blocks schedulement, for possible lock-in by miners.

Dates for possible lock-in of Dash Core v20 (starting with 80% support required, which over time lowers to 60% support required)

Time period : late 2023 - early 2024

Cycle 1 : Nov 15-Nov 22 -> No lock-in
Cycle 2 : Nov 22-Nov 29 -> No lock-in
Cycle 3 : Nov 29-Dec 6
Cycle 4 : Dec 6-Dec 13
Cycle 5 : Dec 13-Dec 20
Cycle 6 : Dec 20-Dec 27
Cycle 7 : Dec 27-Jan 3
Cycle 8 : Jan 3-Jan 10
Cycle 9 : Jan 10-Jan 17
Cycle 10 : Jan 17-Jan 24

I wonder how long it will take for devs to decide it will be either v20.1 or v21 that will activate the Platform features (which are now laying dormant in Dash Core v20). Will devs perhaps wait on a lock-in or an activation of Dash Core v20, before making that decision ?

No version 20.1 or v21 tag currently on Github. It gives the impression to me, that devs are in a state of limbo right now.

Knipsel.JPG

At least there are some pull requests on the develop branche that refer to v20.1 and there is also a milestone for v20.1 on Github : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/milestone/42, but it still feel a bit vague right now to me and very much subject to change (to v21).

Time period v19 (+v19.1,v19.2,v19.3) - v20.0.0 (+v20.0.1) : 7 months

Time period v20.1 : ?? (minor update, so maybe 2 months after activation of v20 ?)
Time period v20 - v21 : another 7 months between two major releases ?

Last edited:
We have 79% of the miners now signalling for the hard fork, with F2Pool, Poolin and Antpool all upgraded, this means the next window will reach threshold and then we lock in for one window more.

We have about one more day to finish this period, so the math for activation is something like 1+7+7=15 days, or about December 14th give or take. This means the December DAO should be providing the 20% uplift too !

Evonodes that got PoSe banned these last few days : filtered on PoSe ban time

View attachment 12182
Source : Dash Masternode Tool

Evonodes that got poSe penalty scored (i assume recently) : filtered on PoSe penalty

View attachment 12183
Source : Dash Masternode Tool

This should not occur on such low number of Evonodes (88) and it does seem related to the release of Dash Core v20 / use of Dashmate.
- Where did you find thos HighPerformance nodes on dashninja?

Edit: Found it, its MNT and not ninja, would be nice to see it in ninja as well!

- Whats the advantage running an Evo / HighPerformance Node? I dont find documentation about it, but maybe would decide to set one up..

- Whats the state about dashman? Its bugged and cant roll back because of changed jsons:

"InvalidConfigFileFormatError: Invalid '.dashmate/config.json' config format: config/core must NOT have additional properties"

Last edited:
Differences between Evonodes and Masternodes :

Knipsel.JPG

Advantages for Evonodes :

* Evonodes run on 1 VPS server instead of 4 separate VPS servers for 4 Masternodes (less VPS hosting costs & less maintenance). That 1 VPS server does have higher hardware requirements (16GB RAM, 4 CPU Cores 2.8 GHZ, 200GB Storage Space, 5GB/S Network throughput). If you are already using a lot of Masternodes on 1 VPS server (through multiple dedicated ip addresses on 1 VPS) and you are converting your Masternodes to 1 or 2 Evonodes, then your VPS hosting costs could actually go higher instead of lower. But you should have less maintenance. Personally i am running slightly higher specs, in a higher price tier : 24GB RAM, 8 CPU Cores 3.0 GHZ, 600GB Storage.

Untill Platform activates on Mainnet, Evonodes will receive 4x masternode payments. After activation of Platform on Mainnet, Evonodes will receive both a portion of blockreward in the form of MN payments (reduced to 1x masternode payment) + Credits (from Platform).

* After activation of Platform on Mainnet, higher ROI then normal Masternodes. Specially if the number of Evonodes stay relatively low on Mainnet. See https://www.dash.org/forum/index.ph...masternodes-would-get-paid.54137/#post-236537

Just be informed that Evonodes will only get a different payment logic (1x MN payment & Credits), once Dash Core v20.1 or Dash Core v21 activates. Untill that time, Evonodes will just keep receiving 4x masternode payments.

If there are no fundamental changes in Dash Platform, then v20.1 will activate the Platform features (currently laying dormant in Dash Core v20). If there are fundamental changes in Dash Platform, then Platform activation will be postponed to Dash Core v21.

* After activation of Platform on Mainnet, Evonode owners can vote on Platform-specific topics. Voting on Dash usernames for example, or on future Platform updates.

Last edited:
Evonode, less maintenance = a masternode owner's decision to not operate 1K nodes from multiple locations / jurisdictions.

First sign of Dash Core v20.0.2 (hotfix for Masternodes and Evonodes PoSe Penalty scoring bug) --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/5750

Thanks for posting this, I've been struggling with stability issues on my one MN since upgrading and it is really hard to keep it on track, hopefully this hotfix addresses some of the issues. Also, at least now we know the sweeping POSE scores in testnet weren't just environmental, but something wrong with the build. Perhaps next time they should try harder to sort out the issues on testnet rather than see if the same crop up on mainnet as well. I don't appreciate being DCG's beta tester on mainnet !

Miners Update Progress

343 blocks to go (block 1983744) before possible lock-in of Dash Core v20 by miners.

Update : we have a miners lock-in of Dash Core v20

getblockchaininfo :
Knipsel.JPG

And then another 4032 blocks (1 week) to activate Dash Core v20.

I have to say i am pleasantly surprised so far about miners signaling readyness / support for v20
(i had some strong worries about that).

Masternodes Update Progress

*** Masternode owners and Evonode owners : Please update to v20.0.2 hotfix !! ***

Knipsel.JPG

Last edited:
What is this screenshot from?
Dash Masternode Tool
Masternodes (network)
Filter on Evolution / High Performance (4K)
Filter on PoSe Banned

I noticed one of my Evonodes getting hit with a PoSe Penalty score, just for doing a Dashmate update to v0.25.16-rc.6 today
(see : https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/dashmate-discussion.53951/page-4#post-237205)
It is now working off that score -1 per block.

The odds of getting hit with a high PoSe Penalty score (failure to participate a dkg session) during a stop, update and start of Dashmate (or a stop & start of dashd) is still higher then i like.

Last edited:
Interesting; okay, well I don't think this is very surprising. DKGs happen at the same time; and we're now in the time frame where people who have not upgraded are starting to get banned.

Interesting; okay, well I don't think this is very surprising. DKGs happen at the same time; and we're now in the time frame where people who have not upgraded are starting to get banned.
I can understand that, but i am also noticing that the chance to get hit with a high PoSe Penalty score during a simple Core update (in my case through a 2 minutes Dashmate update), is higher then in the past. Happened a couple of times to me now.. each time self cleared in a few days.

I checked immediately after doing a Dashmate update today (i was already on Dash Core v20.0.2, this was just a Dashmate update from v0.25.13 to v0.25.16-rc.6), no PoSe Penalty score. So i thought i avoided a PoSe Penalty score. A few minutes later a high PoSe Penalty score. It is like a delayed reaction. Maybe the case of my Evode being unlucky, or maybe something else.

Evonodes and Masternodes are currently getting selected for the same dkg sessions correct ? Selected from one big pool of Masternodes and Evonodes ? Or are Evonodes getting exclusively selected for a dkg session from a smaller Evonode pool ? (increasing the chance for Evonodes to get selected for a dkg session ---> increasing the chance for Evonodes to get high PoSe scores during Core updates)

Last edited:
I can understand that, but i am also noticing that the chance to get hit with a high PoSe Penalty score during a simple Core update (in my case through a 2 minutes Dashmate update), is higher then in the past. Happened a couple of times to me now.. each time self cleared in a few days.

I checked immediately after doing a Dashmate update today, no PoSe Penalty score. So i thought i avoided a PoSe Penalty score. A few minutes later a high PoSe Penalty score. It is like a delayed reaction. Maybe the case of my Evode being unlucky, or maybe something else.

Evonodes and Masternodes are currently getting selected for the same dkg sessions correct ? Selected from one big pool of Masternodes and Evonodes ? Or are Evonodes getting exclusively selected for a dkg session from a smaller Evonode pool ? (increasing the chance for Evonodes to get selected for a dkg session ---> increasing the chance for Evonodes to get high PoSe scores during Core updates)

I noticed the same thing, evonodes seem to be quicker to get a score and even banned, for instance, many of those above nodes that were banned got 2 scores within minutes of each other leaving the MNOs no time to react to the first score, which I believe is the intent. It might be to do with the much smaller pool of evonodes compared to the regular nodes, still it is pretty brutal for the eMNOs.

Yeah; this is likely due to the higher utilization of Masternodes since the rotated LLMQs introduced in v19. If you happen to be in two LLMQs at the same time and shutdown your node at a bad time you'll basically get insta-Pose banned

Yeah; this is likely due to the higher utilization of Masternodes since the rotated LLMQs introduced in v19. If you happen to be in two LLMQs at the same time and shutdown your node at a bad time you'll basically get insta-Pose banned

Should we perhaps account for this by lowering the rather high 66% DKG session failure PoSe score to 50%, so Evonodes can survive two LLMQ hits at the same time and have less to worry about during a Core update ? (when dashd needs to be briefly shutdown)

Enabled Masternodes : 3197
Enabled Evonodes : 98

Payment queue Masternodes + Evonodes : 3197 + (98*4) = 3589

DKG Failure PoSe Penalty Score (66%) : 2368
Two immediate DKG session failure hits (4736) : PoSe ban

DKG Failure Pose Penalty Score (50%) : 1794.5
Two immediate DKG session failure hits (3589) : Very high PoSe Penalty score (but Masternode / Evonode still enabled)

Last edited:
Back