• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend Mixing Stuck 99%

Diabolicus

Okay, so yesterday I gave this whole darksend mixing my first try and hit the start mixing button in my dash core wallet. Default settings, 1000/2, 175 coins to mix. As far as I understand it takes a few iterations to mix it all, no problem, I left the whole thing running and walked away.
Today I come back to do my first darksend transaction, only to find the whole thing stuck at 99%, telling me: "darksend request incomplete session timed out please resubmit". So I hit stop and start again and also hit "try mixing" and "reset", but to no effect, everything stuck as it is for 10 hrs straight, just telling me to "resubmit". Aha.

a) where is a comprehensive documentation for the whole darksend process? someone please point me to it, or better yet link it directly from within the dash core client, cause this is not really self-explanatory. Unfortunately, the wiki doesn't really cut it.
b) I get the start / stop button, but wtf are the other two (try mixing, reset) for? documentation plz?
c) Also, how is instantx any different than normal transactions? why are not all transactions instant? *scratches head* documentation please?
c) <rant> you really expect people to adopt dash when even those familiar with bitcoin for years run into these kind of bugs and you don't bother to write up a simple help file? ;-)</rant>

I am facing the same issue constantly. First time it stucks at 99, but in future mixes it stopped on 35% and 22%. Simple waiting don't not solve the issue. If anybody found solution - please share your experience.

You don`t have to arrive to 100% to have the funds mixed, check coin control and see which inputs were totaly mixed, probably there is some 0,1 or 1 dash not mixed and it does not get 100%.

You don`t have to arrive to 100% to have the funds mixed, check coin control and see which inputs were totaly mixed, probably there is some 0,1 or 1 dash not mixed and it does not get 100%.
Ok, this is acceptable explanation for 99% mixed state. But now I have 22% and it isn't moving. I have few inputs with 100.001 amounts where DS Rounds are 0. All inputs smaller than 100 DASH looks like mixed (DS rounds = 2).

Last edited:
With 12.1 version and privatesendmultisession the mixing is kicking on 6th gear but now you still have it done a bit like a blood from nose.
Ayway, close the client, remove peers.dat from your appdata folder, after starting hte client using hte coin control tick the inputs which haven`t been mixed with your 2 rounds and resend them to the known internal address, start again the mixing.

With 12.1 version and privatesendmultisession the mixing is kicking on 6th gear but now you still have it done a bit like a blood from nose.
Ayway, close the client, remove peers.dat from your appdata folder, after starting hte client using hte coin control tick the inputs which haven`t been mixed with your 2 rounds and resend them to the known internal address, start again the mixing.

Hi. I'm new to Dash, attracted by the compelling market need that Dash seems to fill. I have begun experimenting with the wallet and features. Firstly I was impressed with the transaction speed sending to my wallet.

However trying the Darksend Mixing gave me same problem as above - stalled at 97% after 12 hours.
I closed client, removed peers.dat as instructed (from Application Support/Dash on my MAC), and restarted the client. It still shows 97% mixed.
I finally found a tick-box to enable Coin Control features in the Wallet, but cannot locate where this control is accessed or how it works. Where do I tick these inputs as described? Apologies if it's staring me in the face.

I'd like to reiterate some of the OPs comments. My first impression of this as a new user is frustrating as I have already stumbled and wasted time IMO. The controls for these things need to be intuitive and do as labelled. And I am nervous that I will make a costly mistake when I am forced to access expert controls or features (such as manipulating data files or coin controls) to compensate for functional weaknesses in advertised core features of the product. Is there a guide for this stuff? Will it be, or is it already, accessible directly from the wallet?

All functions should be seamless and fluent.
If time of execution will be a factor in a process, that should be clear to every potential user.
ymmv
rc

Hi. I'm new to Dash, attracted by the compelling market need that Dash seems to fill. I have begun experimenting with the wallet and features. Firstly I was impressed with the transaction speed sending to my wallet.

However trying the Darksend Mixing gave me same problem as above - stalled at 97% after 12 hours.
I closed client, removed peers.dat as instructed (from Application Support/Dash on my MAC), and restarted the client. It still shows 97% mixed.
I finally found a tick-box to enable Coin Control features in the Wallet, but cannot locate where this control is accessed or how it works. Where do I tick these inputs as described? Apologies if it's staring me in the face.

I'd like to reiterate some of the OPs comments. My first impression of this as a new user is frustrating as I have already stumbled and wasted time IMO. The controls for these things need to be intuitive and do as labelled. And I am nervous that I will make a costly mistake when I am forced to access expert controls or features (such as manipulating data files or coin controls) to compensate for functional weaknesses in advertised core features of the product. Is there a guide for this stuff? Will it be, or is it already, accessible directly from the wallet?

Haha, congrats on finding the tick-box to enable Coin Control features... now to access those features:
Menu > Send > Inputs... button

:) (and don't feel bad, locating these features is not obvious or intuitive)

Last edited:
Haha, congrats on finding the tick-box to enable Coin Control features... now to access those features:
Menu > Send > Inputs... button

:) (and don't feel bad, locating these features is not obvious or intuitive)
Thanks for this. Managed to send out the selected unmixed coins to leave only the remaining mixed coins (i.e. showing 100% completion).
Now that I know how to do this, controlling which coins to spend based on past mixing I can see as potentially very useful.
Is it the case that I will always have some unmixed coins, due to small residuals below the minimum denomination for mixing? How do you change the submitted denomination for mixing?

Back