• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DarkcoinTalk is moving this week!

A couple variations on raze's:

33QzmmI.png

Ehpd2kd.png

If black is going to be used, I'd recommend using dark gray instead of solid black.
  • Use subtle shades of natural colors.
    Subtle colors found in nature also make the best choices for most background or minor elements, especially if type appears on the color.
  • Avoid bold, highly saturated primary colors except in areas of maximum emphasis, and even then, use caution.
Even then it's going to cause problems. Black should lead as the primary color rather than follow as a secondary one, because the higher saturation and bolder emphasis of black will shift the balance of the design from "Dash" to "Talk". But reversing it breaks the logo design. That's why I went with a blue-only design.

If black is going to be used, I'd recommend using dark gray instead of solid black.

Even then it's going to cause problems. Black should lead as the primary color rather than follow as a secondary one, because the higher saturation and bolder emphasis of black will shift the balance of the design from "Dash" to "Talk". But reversing it breaks the logo design. That's why I went with a blue-only design.

And this is why you want raze doing this instead of me :smile::smile::smile:

I agree about pure black being too bold, but I didn't know what else to use, so I figured that if we went with that we can always change that back to another secondary color Propulsion decides to use here. I just think that 'talk' should be given some importance because it is the essence of this website.

UdjinM6 That version is nicer. I did vertical alignment, but with italics it works better what you did

Edit: I just realized this was my 1000th message here. I think it is good summary of what I usually do... write about things I know nothing about that would be better left to others :grin::grin::grin:

Back