• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin for the world, darkcoin for Africa

prado23

Hello everybody,
I'm new in that community and in the world of cryptocurrencies. Actually I discovered bitcoins a couple of month ago and since then I had been litteraly screening every article I could find on this game changing technology. I decided to jump in last week and installed a bitcoin wallet. However an article dealing with the Dark movements of the net (Darknet etc....) has been published in a big european newspaper today and it mentionned darkcoin. I've thoroughtly read the website and the white paper and I'm really convinced of the potential of this currency , it beautifully fills the gaps left by bitcoin. So i decided that I would join the darkcoin community and do my part of the job ; )

I'm a graduate student in Systems Engineering, I do a lot of programming during my spare time and I'll certainly be able to help by developing softwares taking advantage of Darkcoin. However I'm not an expert at all in financial mathematics and this kind of stuff. Perhaps I will learn them with practice. I agree with people who say that is vital now to have a good communication strategy and to set up a Darkcoin Foundation. Because when people will begin to say that Darkcoin is the money of drug dealers and terrorists... you know this kind of rethoric is efficient and very devastating because the message is simple and appears to be true at the first glance.

However when we think about it twice, it is clearly that the main purpose is the protection of people right for privacy and for sharing. In my opinion governments should not fear cryptocurrencies and Darkcoin. It is perfectly possible to imagine that governments issue themselves receiving adresses for companies and institutions and oblige them to make their transactions public (One may argue that they could bypass this restriction, but today everybody can also bypass the law by paying with cash or opening an account in a tax haven).

I was thinking about it recently, and I realized that the main fear of institutions is not really the potential illegal usages of this new kind of money. There is actually a biggest problem on which the Darkcoin Foundation will have to communicate to move freely and reassure politics. If we can provide a convincing answer for that issue, life will be easier for darkcoin.

The issue is that countries are no longer able to generate fake money with crypto currencies. During the financial crisis, Federal governments have printed billions of dollars to try to save their economies. If tomorrow Darkcoin becomes the main currency, it would be impossible to do so. Remember that politics have a very limited understanding of economy. They have learned basic principles when they were at school : "if you take bad decisions, don't worry you will be able to create fake money" and you come up with a new money which is unviolable, unfakable, how can they react differently than trying to cut your stuff off ?

indeed, the problem is that amazingly enough they simply don't want it, and the reason is that the current system is entirely based on the fact that Countries are able to generate an unlimited amount of money. If you can convince them that in terms of funding for future investment, and of relaunching an economy in a crisis situation darkcoin can provide the best answer, then you win.

There's also one other important thing that i would like to share and that in my view ties everything together. I believe that to develop darkcoin we should massively invest the African Market. The reason is that it is the only continent where much of the population doesn't have a bank account yet and where governments and financial politics are not debt based. In many African countries, there is actually no financial politic at all. There is a huge opportunity for making the African continent cryptocurrency based and it will be the example that we will then show to other countries.

It's not necessarily complicated to do so, we just have to design a plan to build lots of applications, websites that would meet the every day needs of african companies. We should do a plan do to it country by country, we solve all the day to day money-based problem of people and companies country per country with localized applications and it will work. African countries we'll be happy because they will be freed from the currency-based domination of developped countries, and we will be happy because we will have a market where darkcoin is the reference currency. And if darkcoin is massevely used in only one or two countries, it is enough to make it a standard currency and we'll able to safely use it in our daily life. This would be the typical job of a Foundation to have such a strategy. Darkcoin for the world, darkcoin for Africa ! I would be happy to help when the foundation will be on tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back