• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Congratulations ladies and gentlemen, i believe we have found cryto's platinum.

I have high hopes for darkcoin.
and its potential to be valued around btc.
Drk's now under $10, considering btc was also at $10 before.
we are the early adopters of darkcoin.

I agree. Just one side note. The price on one coin is irrelevant if we don't consider the available supply. Bitcoin has a bit over three times more supply than Darkcoin, so if they were to have the same market cap (which I believe is wishful thinking atm), the price of Darkcoin should triple Bitcoin's.

going by darkcoin's current growth rate, and if consistent, it can be estimated drk will reach and price about the same as a btc in 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkcoin took all the best aspects of Bitcoin and made a digital currency far more more valuable.
Fun Fact: Alt-coins make up 7.5% of the current $9.1 billion cryptocurrency market.

Darkcoin took all the best aspects of Bitcoin and made a digital currency far more more valuable.
Fun Fact: Alt-coins make up 7.5% of the current $9.1 billion cryptocurrency market.

The problem as I see it though, and let me say I'm a proponent of Darkcoin and absolutely love everything about the tech and concept behind it, is that because of its anonymity and even the name "dark" which implies illicit or nefarious uses (silk road et al come to mind) this coin will never be widely adopted by general everyday users whereas bitcoin might. And even if it were adopted and people wake up to the great advantage and warm blanket of anonymity, the governments (especially usa) will target it and crush it before it becomes a threat to their oversight and control of society! I pray that I'm wrong but I really don't think I am. Darkcoin will either stay as it is and adopted by the few believers like us or will be adopted by the many (especially in the darkmarkets first I'm thinking) and shut down fast.

evil usa gov blah blah this has all been the played out. USA seems to like the new economy, jobs, and wealth created by digital currencies. Not one mining operation has been shut down. Not One. USA is certainly comfortable with them. now silk road was handled and done with. They didn't go after bitcoin, they went after only those responsible, not the 100,000 merchants who also accept bitcoin. Not One. Surly what you are saying wont happen to Darkcoin.

My concern with the name dark, how it sounds in other languages, does it translate funny or hard to pronounce in some cultures. Maybe it means something different to them like the city of Batman, Turkey!

There is a steady growing demand for the internet currency with privacy and which we feel secure using. Like the bitcoin protocol; tried and true. No complicated changes or ring sigs. You can trust darkcoin immediately because its based on the bitcoin protocol which has been thoroughly examined.

The transition to adopt drk from having btc is smooth therefore their will always be new users of darkcoin. DRK is a newer coin which picked all the best hybrid aspects and an actual dev who is accountable and dedicated for the next two years. This coin will really take off soon because privacy is certain to attract alot of people, you have an option to masternode which earns drk/day. It is the only coin with that.

Back