• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Congrats to fastest Update EVER

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hey guys,

I want to give out a special
Tx and Congrtas to the
MN Services
flare moocowmoo
thelonecrouton MangledBlue
and everybody else with big quantities of MN's !!

Fastest updates EVER !!
well well done !
This would not have worked without you all
v68ZgSW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, amazing, updated before I had chance to read that there even was a problem, allow me to misquote from Men in Black ;)

'Their standard operating day is based on Centaurian time, which lasts 37 hours, 16 of which a Developer must spend on duty.'

and .25
even faster !!

68% in 6 hours !
Whow, well well done everybody !

I heard due to the necessary hard-forks, the entire network runs very centralized now, is this true and why is this being called out?

What are you talking about?

That's what I am asking the forum oblox

Did any code change in the last 2 updates or why exactly the hard-fork that is necessary? I read in other forums that it changed the system to be more centralized so I just wanted to hear some inside news or if it's just FUD :)

===============
v0.11.1.23 - Masternode payments fix
v0.11.1.24 - Fix masternode payments sync bug / BlockHeight default for CalcScore
v0.11.1.25 - Ban cheating pools / stronger enforcement code
===============
Can someone elaborate?

Links?

That's what I am asking the forum oblox

Did any code change in the last 2 updates or why exactly the hard-fork that is necessary? I read in other forums that it changed the system to be more centralized so I just wanted to hear some inside news or if it's just FUD :)

===============
v0.11.1.23 - Masternode payments fix
v0.11.1.24 - Fix masternode payments sync bug / BlockHeight default for CalcScore
v0.11.1.25 - Ban cheating pools / stronger enforcement code
===============
Can someone elaborate?

Its 37.5% for masternode payouts not 20% and going up in steps.
When we were on testnet, Evan simulated the fork network attacks, the wallet had a kind of self repairing/self righting anti-fork technology which put you back on the right chain automatically usually in the hot wallet but sometimes reset/reindex was neccessary.
Am not aware we had a hard fork as such, there have been 'soft ones' based on network majority using the spork technolgy I believe.

Exactly where is this so called centralization meant to exist? I see only 2100 masternodes around the world, fairly well spread out so, there is no central server or hub as such if thats what you mean..
http://www.darkcoin.cm/index/masternodes_map/

That's why I wondered why the instantX hard-fork was supposedly centralizing the Darkcoin Blockchain, other than by continuing to use Masternodes, which aint' centralized in my opinion.

That's why I wondered why the instantX hard-fork was supposedly centralizing the Darkcoin Blockchain, other than by continuing to use Masternodes, which aint' centralized in my opinion.

I think it's just some misunderstanding, judging the post now :)

Is the minimum protocol version currently 70054 according to this:
https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commit/e6ec9665d5a6c5de869f04dee42b6a0e213a1ac3 ?
And does it mean any MNs with version less than v.11.1.19 will be forked off the network?
Yes and no :)
Yes, minimum protocol version was bumped. And, no, technically they will not be forked, they still live on the same blockchain. But what this means is that new clients will refuse to talk to too old clients. But at the same time old clients still can talk to 70054 to get blocks and such. However after some time when most clients will update clients with too old version will not be able to get blocks and will have to update to function properly. We need to slowly get rid of outdated clients to keep network more or less consistent.

Back