• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Compiling sp-hash/ccminer on linux

b85571hILvm

Hello All! I'm new to crypto-currency, mainly interested in mining out of curiosity.
I've been trying for some hours now to figure out how to compile ccminer. Tried tpruvot version, didn't get anywhere, then tried sp-hash version, same problems.

Background: Arch Linux x86_64, have autoconf, automake, all build tools, newest CUDA. Card is GTX 750ti

Basically, I git clone the repo, or download the tar.gz, then go to run ./build.sh

I have the same problem no matter which version or how I acquired it. Am I missing files? I'm really stumped. I compile other complex software on a regular basis but usually without any kind of issues. I tried searching the internet and found nothing relevant. What is my problem? If I'm missing this configure.in file, why?

make: *** No rule to make target 'distclean'. Stop.
clean
/usr/bin/m4: cannot open `configure.in': No such file or directory
Usage: autoconf [-h] [--help] [-m dir] [--macrodir=dir]
[-l dir] [--localdir=dir] [--version] [template-file]
automake: error: autoconf failed with exit status: 1
done
./configure.sh: line 10: ./configure: No such file or directory
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

I thank you in advance, if I can't get past this I won't get anywhere...

Well, now that I go and make a thread I figured out the problem. My system was using old autoconf 2.13 because I previously needed it to compile some other software. Using 2.69 it works fine!

Sorry for the interruption, I look forward to helping out here when I can!

Note for any others compiling on Arch Linux, you also need to edit configure.sh to tell it that CUDA is in /opt/cuda

Back