• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

coins disappear after sending

pytel

Hi,
today i have send 9x 9.99 darkcoins from my wallet (version v0.10.11.5-unk-beta), but on destination i only received 3x9.99 darkcoins. The rest disappear. What can happend? Is possible to trace the coins?
Thank you, Roman

Hi,
yes i used darksend and send it to cryptsy address. The transactions are to address XpvKckb9yqQvq6JtyGbNHoiJkJfCTfcHyF
But cryptsy only credited ty my account 3x9.99 DRK + 20 DRK.
Their support still "investigate it" but from the the transactions log it's clear that i send the coins and problem is on their side, isn't it?

Hi,
yes i used darksend and send it to cryptsy address. The transactions are to address XpvKckb9yqQvq6JtyGbNHoiJkJfCTfcHyF
But cryptsy only credited ty my account 3x9.99 DRK + 20 DRK.
Their support still "investigate it" but from the the transactions log it's clear that i send the coins and problem is on their side, isn't it?

Yes, from explorer you can clearly see that XpvKckb9yqQvq6JtyGbNHoiJkJfCTfcHyF received your transactions http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XpvKckb9yqQvq6JtyGbNHoiJkJfCTfcHyF

So the problem is on their side.

They wrote me after a long time:
Since DRKsend uses multiple identical transaction IDs to send several transactions under one transaction, our wallets cannot distinguish the underlying transactions and are not able to receive these extra inputs. Unfortunately we are not able to retrieve your coins as our database will only pull up one deposit of 9 DRK when we go to retrieve the other two deposits of 9. I apologize for the inconvenience.

So, if the darkcoins aren't either in their wallet nor on my wallet, they just disappear and i lost them?

They wrote me after a long time:
Since DRKsend uses multiple identical transaction IDs to send several transactions under one transaction, our wallets cannot distinguish the underlying transactions and are not able to receive these extra inputs. Unfortunately we are not able to retrieve your coins as our database will only pull up one deposit of 9 DRK when we go to retrieve the other two deposits of 9. I apologize for the inconvenience.

So, if the darkcoins aren't either in their wallet nor on my wallet, they just disappear and i lost them?
That's simply bullshit. There are no "multiple identical transaction IDs" or "several transactions under one transaction" - it's one transaction with multiple outputs - that's standard situation. "our wallets cannot distinguish the underlying transactions and are not able to receive these extra inputs" - that's bullshit too in case they use unmodified darkcoin source and in another case - it's their fault. So assuming they use unmodified source they actually received these coins into their wallet but their database shows wrong balance. Ask them to look at blockexplorer and credit you because funds are on their side.

Couldnt you just show them the transaction IDs? That's proof enough they recieved the coins.

Hi guys, thank you for your replies.
I reply them with UdjinM6 answer. I thought that cryptsy is big enough, but as i can see they are just incompetent amateurs. I will transfer all coins from them as soon as possible.

Hi guys, thank you for your replies.
I reply them with UdjinM6 answer. I thought that cryptsy is big enough, but as i can see they are just incompetent amateurs. I will transfer all coins from them as soon as possible.

Still I would insist on a refund...you can prove it that THEY have it.

Offer to let your lawyer have a closer look at this case.

Just to be clear to people reading this: This is a darksend transaction (not a darksend+) transaction and this is cryptsy's fault.

Darksend+ transactions(RC4) are normal so there is no danger of this kind of thing happening.

Back