• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cloud Mining Sites Review

pbleak

It appears to me that there is much confusion regarding the profitability and ‘ponzi’ possibilities associated with many cloud mining sites. As a relatively experienced cloud miner I have decided to outline the core benefits and demerits of the most often discussed sites. I leave aside those currently being addressed heavily elsewhere (GAW) and that are too costly for most users (ltcgear, megamine).

What we are focused on, then, are those sites where small investments are made where the user is assuming a degree of risk. I have used my referral links since if you find the article useful that will help me out a little.

(1) HashProfit is a pretty interesting website. You get a free 200KHS that runs for 7 days, but need to buy 0.02 (say 15KHS) in order to become a full member and so earn the right to get payouts. Considering that the site is fairly new, that the investment comes with a nice 7 day hashing period, and the amount put in is also small then this one is, I think, worth the small risk. There is no major reason, as I can yet, see, to invest too heavily here, but clearly there is incentive in terms of relative risk.

(3) Hashie is a pretty neat little site for various reasons. They site has some excellent visuals, you can see your miner stats at work in a very intuitive manner. You also receive a free miner (10GHS) but that cannot be paid out until you purchase one yourself. Hence the best approach is to go to the Marketplace and purchase cheap hashing power that will then activate the free miner payouts. I am not suggesting one needs vast investments here, but adding 20GHS to your free miner is a significantly sweet little setup when thinking in small terms. When you have combined these with your operations at HashProfit and PBMining then you can quickly find yourself with an address receiving some fairly sweet side-income that absolutely beats any click and watch nonsense or faucet hunting out there.

(4) Genesis Mining is another interesting option. Their site is very minimal and to the point. Rather excellently: ‘if a user uses your affiliate promo code while purchasing 10 MH/s, they will get a discount of 2.5 % on existing prices and you will get free upgrade of your existing Hashpower plan in amount of 0.25 MH/s! It is a win-win situation for both of you.’ This is really worth examining especially if someone is then able to further refer friends on. The site is more transparent than the previous mentioned and the affiliate program is quite generous. I would recommend a small investment here that you then build up using your promo code. My own, which I would be happy to see used is,
"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:"Courier New";mso-fareast-language:EN-IE">19SHuQ

(5) The final site on my list is EObot . I don’t often see these mentioned, which is a little odd as the site has a wonderfully direct user interface allowing you to mine Bitcoin and a whole range of altcoins. You can even mine for more hashing power which is a cool feature. It has also been said that GHS/KHS exchanges will be possible soon meaning one could focus on SHA or scrypt during profit calculations. The chat box is usually a helpful place to find out more information.

OK, that’s my core list. Spread a little around these sites and you should begin to see a small, sensible income. Be aware that cloud mining is still a new field. Things can always change, but for now the best we can do is spread the risk.

Sites mentioned.

HashProfit

EObot

Genesis Mining (see above for discount).

Hashie

Last edited by a moderator:
Interresting discussion.

I invested in ltcgear and can say I'm very satisfied. It's worth to mention them because they allow Darkcoin payouts if you buy special mods. ROI is around 8 weeks.

Yes, sadly they are all sold out of shares and I decided they cost too much for smaller investors. Genesis is interesting X11 soon :) You can also mine DRK on https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=48841

They sold out of alt mining on Genesis but under my contract I am mining DRK there as well :)
EOBot is breaking even after 12 months... really? I would never invest in such long term cloud mining.

Edit: Scrypt ROI is 25 months! holy...

Oh yep, if your aim is to mine Bitcoin, say, no chance. The smart way to use the site is to mine coins expected to rise and especially the new ones they introduce that can really spike. Then sell them on exchanges. My ROI on there was pretty fast on that basis.

Oh yep, if your aim is to mine Bitcoin, say, no chance. The smart way to use the site is to mine coins expected to rise and especially the new ones they introduce that can really spike. Then sell them on exchanges. My ROI on there was pretty fast on that basis.
ah, ok, that's speculative cloud mining, good one!

I'm reasonably invested into LTC Gear as well, managed to pick-up a few of the X11 mods as well. So far so good...

Weird, well my promo code is 19SHuQ so you just plug that in when buying to get the discount.

Also curious whether anyone would be willing to sell any LTCGear shares? 'Out of stock' again after that special one was up for like 10 mins.

pbleak
well done and thank you
I posted on FB and such and people are very happy to recive this !
:wink:

you speak russian ?
i wonder what is going on there, i posted it in the russian section the other week but never heard back ?!
any idea what is going on ?
Lol no idea, at work I have no sound. But he is clearly mining DRK :)

Loving ltcgear! Managed to get 60 shares to begin and already seeing fancy Litecoins in my pocket!

Back