• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can there be an anonymous smart contract on the Dash network?

Godwits

Been reading up on the popularity of smart contracts. Would there be a way to do it on the Dash network?
Would the idea even work?

I doubt any of us regular old forum trolls are going to know the details for such a question, but I assume it would be POSSIBLE just not sure how quickly it could get done as they are focusing on the Dash Evolution stuff right now

My guess is there are already good established platforms / chains for smart contracts. Dash is not supposed to do everything, when Dash is widely accepted as digital cash, we will see more sophisticated third party platforms / applications that use it.

My guess is there are already good established platforms / chains for smart contracts. Dash is not supposed to do everything, when Dash is widely accepted as digital cash, we will see more sophisticated third party platforms / applications that use it.

Sorry, I'm not entirely convinced. A recent example was someone asking how to use dash for subscriptions... that's a contract. More generally, it would be super useful if people could authorise spending allowances e.g. daily / weekly / monthly budgets.

Now here's the thing... when crypto is simply used as cash, the supply has very little meaning because in an a competitive and efficient market, the transfer between all the various cryptos is "frictionless"; that is to say, the sum of all cryptos have a transfer cost of next to zero. The supply only really matters when we're talking about Unique Selling Points... and hence the success of Ethereum etc. Right now, dash has instant transactions and anonymity, but what happens when all the alts catchup? Thus, to survive, dash must stay at the cutting edge and equally participate in standardisation across all major cryptos. So yeah, contracts matter.

I'm not certain, but isn't that the reason for the Dapi? Shouldn't that make the smart contracts, and other escrow like setups easier to implement? I'm pretty sure it's in the plans?

I'm not certain, but isn't that the reason for the Dapi? Shouldn't that make the smart contracts, and other escrow like setups easier to implement? I'm pretty sure it's in the plans?

I think the DAPI is application layer stuff, whereas smart contracts are encoded and executed on the blockchain itself. For example, I could give someone a monthly spending budget and the blockchain enforces it.

Back