• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can I have the same wallet opened in multiple computers?

So, I would keep my 1000 DASH wallet as much offline as possible to be safe

Being a newb too, I will ask for clarification. Can I close the DASH core installation holding my 1000 DASH collateral? I had assumed it needed to be running in order to fulfill the masternode obligation...

Being a newb too, I will ask for clarification. Can I close the DASH core installation holding my 1000 DASH collateral? I had assumed it needed to be running in order to fulfill the masternode obligation...

Yes you can. I'm going to be corrected but the reason for that I think is because DASH sees the colateral obligation by the fact that the transaction is unspent on the blockchain, not necessarily by pining your open wallet.

Yes you can. I'm going to be corrected but the reason for that I think is because DASH sees the colateral obligation by the fact that the transaction is unspent on the blockchain, not necessarily by pining your open wallet.
This is partially correct answer :) Yes, every node is aware if 1000 DASH are spent or not. The other part is that masternode announce message which includes masternodeprivkey is signed with the key of 1000 DASH thus the whole network can now trust this masternodeprivkey just like it would trust the key of 1000 DASH. This way masternode server can act on its own without constantly querying original wallet for any signatures i.e. original wallet can be kept offline all of the time once masternode was started.

Back