• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Calculating the fee to send DRK

fabioganga

Dear friends,

I have a wallet with 3.6530947 DRK that I want to transfer entirely to a new wallet.

In order to completely empty the wallet, how much do I have to transfer including the fee?

I have tried with the figures like 3.6030947 DRK, and each time I get this error: "Transaction too large".

Can you please help me to determine exactly what figure I should put in in order to completely empty the wallet?

Many thanks!

You can move all the little chunks bit by bit into one address (or a new address) in-wallet, and when they're all consolidated into one lump, you might avoid a fee altogether when sending it elsewhere.

Unfortunately it still does not work.
Coin control tells me that the fee to send the entire balance is 0.214 DRK, leaving an after fee balance of 3.4390947.
Yet, it still tells me that the transaction is too large.
Btw... The fee is about 8% of my balance!!! o_O It's very very high... :-(
It's annoying having to lose 8% of my hard sweated mined coins just because I have an encrypted wallet generated a while ago and because I receive a warning when I open the new wallet... :-((

You can move all the little chunks bit by bit into one address (or a new address) in-wallet, and when they're all consolidated into one lump, you might avoid a fee altogether when sending it elsewhere.
Thanks, I intend to keep them in the wallet for a while though.... I don't plan to spend them or sell them at present.

Back