• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bounty for an Apple App Store mobile wallet grows.....

It also kinda pisses me off if someone takes my code and submits it and apple were to magically accept it. Then what? They would get 300 Dash just because they submitted my work? And how would I make updates later? It's not ok with the app store to submit another version of the same app, so I would be locked out.

jaxx is already on iTunes and an update will definately be on (dash or not)[/QUOTE]
It also kinda pisses me off if someone takes my code and submits it and apple were to magically accept it. Then what? They would get 300 Dash just because they submitted my work? And how would I make updates later? It's not ok with the app store to submit another version of the same app, so I would be locked out.

Most of the discussion of this has been on slack. Have you checked it at all lately?

I'm on the dashpay slack at least twice a day (the one for devs), is that the slack you are referring to?

I have no problem with Jaxx being able to use Dash, in fact I would love it. I just don't want someone to take my code and submit it, when I've been trying for a very long time myself. The only way it is accepted is if Apple makes a mistake, which is rare, but not impossible. But then what would we do? It would be kind of a clusterfuck.

The digitalcash slack is a community driven slack to help people get onboarded with dash, and serves other purposes I'm sure as well. Which is great, but all technical discussions that I do will be on the dashpay slack since that's where most if not all of the developers that have been on this project a long time are, so look for me there.

I wonder how this will play out
as of - anybody can copy the code of quantum and submit - iTunes might get spammed to death by submissions of dash wallets eventually :rolleyes:
I am worried that will eventually backfire - they only have to hear dash - reject without proper checking as it was submission X and we eventually end up on a 'ban' list !?!

any thoughts on this ?

Yes...I am very concerned about the possibility of scam......I refer to the last sentence of my bounty...."I reserve the right to decide who is the ultimate winner of my share of the bounty.” I will be consulting the Mods of the Dash Slack for guidance and vetting of potential winners. In the case of a tie or major issue that cannot be resolved..I will propose a Masternode Vote to resolve the issue the way we know best....Decentralized. I,personally, am hoping for a tie and/or major issue!

Back