• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bounty for an Apple App Store mobile wallet grows.....

It's sad that the DGBB can't be used for it, knowing that only totally dumb things, or Evan's pet projects, will ever be funded. Even for such an obvious project, there's no reason to even bother submitting a proposal.

Camosoul -- I believe you're off-base here. The Dash iOS wallet has been submitted to Apple twice now -- once last December (rejected), and once 20 days ago. The more recent attempt, made by @flare, I believe, is still 'pending review.'

If it is rejected again, a media strategy is already being planned -- by myself -- to attempt to reverse that decision. Same way that happened 3 years ago when Apple removed all Bitcoin apps from iOS, and then changed their minds after a media backlash.

As @flare is likely paid from the core dev salary (please correct me if I'm wrong), that means that DGBB did in fact fund both iOS attempts.

DashMasternode's bounty is, of course, a gargantuan cherry on top and may way serve as the straw that breaks the Applecamel's back-- prime example of why I don't support differentiating between "core" and "community" for any reason.

Camosoul -- I believe you're off-base here. The Dash iOS wallet has been submitted to Apple twice now -- once last December (rejected), and once 20 days ago. The more recent attempt, made by @flare, I believe, is still 'pending review.'

If it is rejected again, a media strategy is already being planned -- by myself -- to attempt to reverse that decision. Same way that happened 3 years ago when Apple removed all Bitcoin apps from iOS, and then changed their minds after a media backlash.

As @flare is likely paid from the core dev salary (please correct me if I'm wrong), that means that DGBB did in fact fund both iOS attempts.

DashMasternode's bounty is, of course, a gargantuan cherry on top and may way serve as the straw that breaks the Applecamel's back-- prime example of why I don't support differentiating between "core" and "community" for any reason.
Not taking credit for the submission here: @QuantumExplorer was the one who submitted on behalf of the Dash Foundation. :)

Just to let everyone know. I submitted it 20 days ago, and am ACTIVELY doing my best to get it through. It is still "IN REVIEW". I will wait 5/10 more days and then start calling Apple.

I also go on apples website twice a day to check on it.

There's really not much more I can do at this point. When it does go through, I plan on working asap to get every feature we can think of that core has into the iOS wallet. Right now all we have is IX. But we could also put in masternode voting, darksend, proposals, notifications, and many more... (Even things that breadwallet doesn't have itself. I've already read up on the changes in breadwallet. Incorporating the last year worth of changes will take me up to 2 weeks, but it could much faster than that ;) We are lucky since the guys at groestlcoin hired me to make their iPhone app which I did in about 7 days. Dash is slightly more complicated however since I would need to remerge all extra features.

My advice to everyone was to wait for apple to approve it and then once they did for me to work on the wallet. However if dashnation or anyone else really wants me to do the work first I'm ok with that. I just think the better option is to get approval first.

My plan for funding was the following too: I was going to work on this asap and then make a proposal to get reimbursed. I want this app out there no matter what. If the community rejects giving me funds so be it. I guess if dashnation want to fund this instead that's also possible. After this is accepted I will also start involving extra people to work on specialized features.

Of all the people out there trust me that I want this app more than anyone, since I worked on it for a long time last year. It really saddens me that I can't do anything more at this point.

I would also like to add that DGBB did not fund either of the attempts really. However I was a core member after the first attempt up till about 2 months before the last attempt so I got enough money I feel. I thought it would be greedy to ask for money just for a quick review and push to the store. I only want to be rewarded if I actually get something done. Otherwise it just makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of the system. In fact I made the first app not knowing I would ever really make any money. Just because I believed in Evan's ideas.

Here's a rant:

Recently I read through some of the proposals and I just have a facepalm. We really overfund some people while underfunding some others. I find it somewhat ludicrous that we are giving PR people so much money (I would say twice the normal amount) yet Dev's get 1/5th of the money they should receive and ideas/research gets nothing.

@amanda_b_johnson I was thinking that maybe in your shows you could discuss proposals based on information that proposal owners gave you/team members gave you :)

I'm of the strong view we should get more and more dev/research involved. Hell, we should pay thousands upon thousands for top researchers/cryptographers (I'm not one of them) to work on high level papers that would benefit our system. I understand why my proposal this month did not go through, however there were some other proposals that passed that I definitely feel were a lot lot less bang for the buck.

For example: Ethereum and Z-Cash engineers just teamed up at MIT (I think) to talk about z-SNARKS on the Ethereum blockchain. We have so much more potential then them since we could have sidechains with other technology such as Z-Snarks on the masternodes. Which would make user blockchains small, yet would allow for almost instantaneous anonymity.

Since we have the money why not just have many teams all working on different add-ons. For example: Evolution/Core/Governance is what we currently have. But we could add on: Anonymity/Side Chains for instant Privacy Protect. Etc etc.

As for PR, I have direct access to about 50% of the top bitcoin people in the world. I'm pretty sure I could influence them quite a lot. But we need to be more than just an altcoin in their eyes.

My rant is over hahahaha.

@QuantumExplorer - when Dash gets on Apple store, submit a proposal for your time to work on adding all the latest features and I am sure it will be approved faster than any other proposal to date haha

And I also agree with you, some of the proposals were asking too much $$$ in my opinion. But lets hope over time we as a community start to get smarter about how we approve budgets...things like this take time.

I wonder how this will play out
as of - anybody can copy the code of quantum and submit - iTunes might get spammed to death by submissions of dash wallets eventually :rolleyes:
I am worried that will eventually backfire - they only have to hear dash - reject without proper checking as it was submission X and we eventually end up on a 'ban' list !?!

any thoughts on this ?

C'mon Apple, sort yourself out! Goddamit!

(Can't help but be impatient here. Sorry.)

I see that the Jaxx wallet is on the App Store but it is only the btc and eth version. I thought it was supposed to be integrated with Dash too?

Last edited:
C'mon Apple, sort yourself out! Goddamit!

(Can't help but be impatient here. Sorry.)

I see that the Jaxx wallet is on the App Store but it is only the btc and eth version. I thought it was supposed to be integrated with Dash too?

patience young pandawan
Jaxx is in development - they are making great progress ;)

patience young pandawan
Jaxx is in development - they are making great progress ;)
Lol.

Fair enough.

Hey, what about that sexy new Exodus wallet. Maybe they'll get on the App Store.

Ok, I accept it won't have all the special Dash features, but at least I can have a few dash on my mobile device.

Any thoughts on Exodus?

Lol.

Fair enough.

Hey, what about that sexy new Exodus wallet. Maybe they'll get on the App Store.

Ok, I accept it won't have all the special Dash features, but at least I can have a few dash on my mobile device.

Any thoughts on Exodus?

Exodus is Desktop only (for now) !!
i talked to them already to 'team' up with Jaxx (we know them both well and have them on 1 chat on slack)
but obviously they are both on their own projects

so , we wait for Jaxx (they will do normal wallet first and talks are about IX, Voting,.... all in the long term)

I wonder how this will play out
as of - anybody can copy the code of quantum and submit - iTunes might get spammed to death by submissions of dash wallets eventually :rolleyes:
I am worried that will eventually backfire - they only have to hear dash - reject without proper checking as it was submission X and we eventually end up on a 'ban' list !?!

any thoughts on this ?

It's very unlikely that Apple get spammed to death. It was however worthwhile for someone else to submit a version, mainly because it was propagated that nobody really knew why the App was rejected.
Like most companies Apple will respond to consumer demands. So it would be better for the Dash community to email and ask for the app to be approved, please. And if there are multiple submissions it's more likely that Apple will see that as representative of consumer demand than `banning` Dash completely IMHO.
Why wait for Jaxx ? What makes you think that the Dash extension will be approved.

It's very unlikely that Apple get spammed to death. It was however worthwhile for someone else to submit a version, mainly because it was propagated that nobody really knew why the App was rejected.
Like most companies Apple will respond to consumer demands. So it would be better for the Dash community to email and ask for the app to be approved, please. And if there are multiple submissions it's more likely that Apple will see that as representative of consumer demand than `banning` Dash completely IMHO.
Why wait for Jaxx ? What makes you think that the Dash extension will be approved.

easy there - I am just talking and asking :rolleyes:
I have no problem somebody else submitting that again (as the bounty is out) but I worry if suddenly more and more people use the same wallet with the same code (quantum / OS) and submit again and again and again ...
(would piss me off if I was iTunes submission guy / girl)

jaxx is already on iTunes and an update will definately be on (dash or not)

Back