• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Block reward

matthewh3

Will the block reward go back up to 21DRK after the growth in network hashrate has settled and is the block reward set to half at a set time or just decay exponentially.

nope, it decreases with difficulty. If everyone stopped mining then yea but realistically no it won't.

edit: Block reward is controlled by Moore's law: 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)2)

I think the minimum block reward is 5 though.

Well now that the block reward has dropped to 5DRK if it stays there does that mean it'll now take about another ~161.5 years to create all the coins?

Well now that the block reward has dropped to 5DRK if it stays there does that mean it'll now take about another ~161.5 years to create all the coins?

I get about 20 years 5 * 576 (blocks a day) * 365 = a little over a million and we have over 4 million out already so only 18 million more. I didn't take into account the 7% decline per year but I don't think it'd make a 140+ year difference.

I get about 20 years 5 * 576 (blocks a day) * 365 = a little over a million and we have over 4 million out already so only 18 million more. I didn't take into account the 7% decline per year but I don't think it'd make a 140+ year difference.

Yeah correct my bad use of a calculator I too get almost twenty years too on recalculating.

Back