• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Beginner's Guide to Darkcoin

I posted about this in the general section, but thought I better post it here also.
I created an 'Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin', to claim one of the bounties.
I plan to add more to it, such as encrypting and backing up the wallet. The design also needs a little work as it is quite long and if I add more to the bottom it is going to take forever to scroll to the bottom.

Donations appreciated: Xg6abm6nii3aexNzS7KtoCE7iNwtomFkbn

I have just added a 'Security' section to the site covering 'Encrypting the Wallet' and 'Making a Backup'.
I defiantly need to add some navigation, it's getting very long.

its very nice, and i got very excited because i thought it would help me with my current set up issues as im sure im doing something wrong. i have a single wallet address that i generated from http://paper.darkcoin.io/ i added it to my addresses section but my DRK Balance in 'overview' still only shows DRK 0.00.

what am i doing wrong, your help would be appreciated.

All the best
Aaron

Hmmm...

Points 1,2,3,4 only get you to the infinite "NO BLOCK SOURCE AVAILABLE" stage.

To get to the infinite "SYNCHRONIZING WITH NETWORK" stage you have to create darkcoin.conf file in your users/username/AppData/Roaming/DarkCoin folder and put a bunch of "seednode=ip" lines with IP addresses from some other thread in this forum.

How to get to the third stage of infinite failure, nobody has written a guide yet. Maybe this stage is actually "success" and the thing starts syncing? Nobody knows.

its very nice, and i got very excited because i thought it would help me with my current set up issues as im sure im doing something wrong. i have a single wallet address that i generated from http://paper.darkcoin.io/ i added it to my addresses section but my DRK Balance in 'overview' still only shows DRK 0.00.
Are there any coins on the paper wallet? What exactly are you trying?
How to get to the third stage of infinite failure, nobody has written a guide yet.
Is it working or not?

Are there any coins on the paper wallet? What exactly are you trying?

Is it working or not?
Hi vertoe
thanks for your reply, i really appreciate it... i have added my Darkcoin address XxithdaPv3uneiJpc644MG2xYGY7GHGLLH to my Darkcoin QT app (which shows a balance of DRK 0.00) but when i type the same DRK address into http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?XxithdaPv3uneiJpc644MG2xYGY7GHGLLH.htm it shows me that there is 1.98 DRK's which i sent to the account as a test but my Darkcoin QT balance within the desktop app still shows zero even though it says 'fully synced'.

What am i doing wrong? Do i need to import the private key that goes with this public key in order for the Darkcoin QT app to show my balance?

What am i doing wrong? Do i need to import the private key that goes with this public key in order for the Darkcoin QT app to show my balance?
Yes, you need to import the private key. Go to HELP > DEBUG > CONSOLE and type:
Code:
importprivkey <your-private-key>

Yes, you need to import the private key. Go to HELP > DEBUG > CONSOLE and type:
Code:
importprivkey <your-private-key>
vertoe i tried this yesterday and tried again just now and it just gives me the following error:
20:23:48

cmd-error

Invalid private key (code -5)
Ive also attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 20.23.53.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 20.23.53.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 98
Back