• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Attention Dash Masternode Owners: Please register with the Deterministic Masternode List now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @JGCMiner for your helpful response! Now I know that I need to run "bls generate" (presumably from the remote masternode) for each 1000 Dash collateral address.

I followed the guide for my first masternode, and got as far as running the "dash-cli protx register_prepare ..." command (from my local collateral wallet).

Unfortunately at this point, I got:
error code: -32603
error message:
No funds at specified address​

I followed the instructions as carefully as I could, and I don't think I am supposed to specify my collateral address in that command, but rather the txid and output index of that collateral (which I did).

Any address I used as a parameter to the "protx" command was a new address, with 0 balance, which is what I interpret I was supposed to do.

Do you have any ideas how I can avoid this error?

Thank you!

When you set up the prepare comand you need to specify a “payout address”. This address can be your “collateral address” OR a different address where you would like to receive payments.

Now, whatever you set as that address needs to have enough funds in it to use for a transaction fee for submit protx in a later step. If you don’t have enough funds in that address you need to separately provide a special “fee address” in prepare protx.

Failure to have enough funds in the “payout address” as well as not providing a “fee address” will result in that error.

kOwoFQd.jpg

It will be interesting to see what happens to the blockrewards / masternode payments, after Spork 15 activates in a few days and DIP3 masternodes have passed their first full payment cycle
and are starting to queue for masternode payments for real.

With a lot less (DIP3) masternodes there could be shorter masternode queues (maybe every 3 or 4 days ?) and maybe even higher amounts (depending on mining difficulty and number of DIP3 masternodes).
That is untill the rest of the masternodes (2000+) catch up and get registered as DIP3 masternode.

Last edited:
@qwizzie why would DIP3 affect reward amount or difficulty?

Where did you get those numbers? When I look in my Core wallet it says there are 5000 masternodes in total.

@qwizzie why would DIP3 affect reward amount or difficulty?

Where did you get those numbers? When I look in my Core wallet it says there are 5000 masternodes in total.

Total number of active masternodes on latest protocol = 4556 according dashninja (this includes both DIP3 masternodes and normal masternodes)
Link : https://www.dashninja.pl/masternodes.html (91% on latest protocol = 4556)
Use ./dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2|wc -l to see number of DIP3 masternodes (2026),

Total number of masternodes - DIP3 masternodes = 2530 masternode not yet registered as DIP3 masternode.
(this number will decline as more of those masternodes get registered as DIP3 masternode )

Activation of Spork 15 happens when around 50% of our network is registered as DIP3 masternodes (it also depends on daily progress %). When that happens (spork 15 activation) and untill the normal masternodes catch up,
i assume the smaller number of DIP3 masternodes will have an effect on payment cycle and amount.
(at least i hope it will)

Last edited:
I don't see why it would have any effect on amount.
Sure, if the queue is short you have to wait less long, but how does that affect the amount you get when it's your turn?

I don't see why it would have any effect on amount.
Sure, if the queue is short you have to wait less long, but how does that affect the amount you get when it's your turn?

The masternode rewards (and also the miner rewards as they are both 45% of each blockrewards) is depending on both mining difficulty
and total number of masternodes. Its formulated in such a way that with low mining difficulty and low number of active masternodes
the masternode / miner payments get higher. Before this update we constantly had high mining difficulty and high number of masternodes
so the masternode / miner payments got to the lowest point (1.67 Dash).

With spork 15 activation the number of active masternodes (which will then only be DIP3 masternodes) could start to play a role in that formula as
for a limited time the number of active masternodes (DIP3) will be considerably lower then normal.

I guess we will find out soon enough, because once Spork 15 has been activated any change in either mining difficulty or number of active masternodes
and how this impacts the payments should be automatically updated in here : http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html

Last edited:
The masternode rewards (and also the miner rewards as they are both 45% of each blockrewards) is depending on both mining difficulty
and total number of masternodes. Its formulated in such a way that with low mining difficulty and low number of active masternodes
the masternode / miner payments get higher. Before this update we constantly had high mining difficulty and high number of masternodes
so the masternode / miner payments got to the lowest point (1.67 Dash).

With spork 15 activation the number of active masternodes (which will then only be DIP3 masternodes) could start to play a role in that formula as
for a limited time the number of active masternodes (DIP3) will be considerably lower then normal.

I guess we will find out soon enough, because once Spork 15 has been activated any change in either mining difficulty or number of active masternodes
and how this impacts the payments should be automatically updated in here : http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html
That's incorrect. Block supply does not depend on the number of masternodes. The number of masternodes basically represent the length of the payment queue, so the more there are masternodes the less frequent each of them is paid. For example, with 50% less masternodes remaining ones might expect to be paid twice as often as they were paid before, so their reward per month would double while reward per block will still be the same.

When you set up the prepare comand you need to specify a “payout address”. This address can be your “collateral address” OR a different address where you would like to receive payments.

Now, whatever you set as that address needs to have enough funds in it to use for a transaction fee for submit protx in a later step. If you don’t have enough funds in that address you need to separately provide a special “fee address” in prepare protx.

Failure to have enough funds in the “payout address” as well as not providing a “fee address” will result in that error.
k

Thank you - I added a small amount of Dash to the "payout address" and was able to register my masternodes successfully!

Looks like DIP3 masternodes passed the 50% just now :

McPAxCm.jpg

2289 : DIP3 masternodes
4573 : number of masternodes on latest protocol

Now it gets a little bit more complicated :

The total percentage of masternodes registered must be greater than 50% for us to consider activating. Once we reach 80%, we will automatically activate without regard to the percentage registered within the last 24 hours.

Below is a table displaying the thresholds at which we would activate spork 15. For example, if 60% of masternodes have registered total, and 1.25% or less have registered in the last 24 hours, we will activate.
Similarly, if in the last 24 hours we saw 2.5% or less register, we will activate so long as at least 70% total have registered.

764fNx9.jpg

Last edited:
As of 16:00 UTC

Current active 4543
Mar 3 16:00 registered 2109
Mar 4 16:00 registered 2321

MN 2321/4543 = 51.09 %
24h 212/4543 = 4.66%

20:00 UTC

4546 active masternodes

March 3rd 20:00 registered: 2182
March 4th 20:00 registered: 2356

24h registered: 3.83%

Since we have exceeded 50% of masternodes registered, we will begin actively evaluating the criteria for activating spork 15 at this time

Looks like this is the goal for now (my own interpretation) :

if 60% of masternodes have registered total, and 1.25% or less have registered in the last 24 hours, we will activate.

And we have 3 days to achieve this (tilll 8th of march), which should be feasible with current progress rate (keeping fingers crossed).

Last edited:
0:00 UTC

4550 active masternodes

March 4rd 0:00 registered: 2211
March 5th 0:00 registered: 2384

24h registered: 3.80%

And we have 3 days to achieve this (tilll 8th of march), which should be feasible with current progress rate (keeping fingers crossed).

It seems very unlikely that if we reach 60% by March 8 that we'd have less than 1.25% registered in the last 24h.

It seems very unlikely that if we reach 60% by March 8 that we'd have less than 1.25% registered in the last 24h.

Yeah, looks like we manage to hit some kind of worst kind scenario here. Some wild guess on how we progress from here:
Code:
Time  Share   Change
2/3   49.0    +4.0
3/3   53.0    +3.0
4/3   56.0    +2.0
5/3   58.0    +1.0
6/3   59.0    +0.5
7/3   59.5    +0.5
8/3   60.0

Looks like we are way more likely to hit a scenario where we go live with less than 80% registrations than more, unless some whale comes in and register a large number at once.

The question is if the registrations tail off quick enough or not. Too bad we can't create block congestion to stop new registrations :D

Last edited:
@martinf What is 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 6/5, 7/5, 8/5?

If it becomes likely that we'll make it, I would rather expect more people to register in the last 24h than less, since people don't want to miss out.

@martinf What is 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 6/5, 7/5, 8/5?

If it becomes likely that we'll make it, I would rather expect more people to register in the last 24h than less, since people don't want to miss out.
Dates. May 2nd to May 8th.
Yeah, you might be right. In which case we won't make the May 8th target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back