• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Are the electrum servers working?

dcamb

My electrum wallet is showing a red icon and the message "Not connected". When I first start it up it flashes green, shows my balance, and then relapses to red. I'm assuming it would be a bad idea to attempt to send dash from it until it is connected. I just installed it yesterday, and it worked perfectly. Is this a temporary outage?

EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD! Sorry, it seems to be be connecting intermittently, and has just received a transaction so no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
My electrum wallet is showing a red icon and the message "Not connected". When I first start it up it flashes green, shows my balance, and then relapses to red. I'm assuming it would be a bad idea to attempt to send dash from it until it is connected. I just installed it yesterday, and it worked perfectly. Is this a temporary outage?
What server are you connected to? (click on the red icon)

electrum-drk.club is doing fine for me

upload_2016-1-25_11-43-28.png

electrum-drk.club

I have a transaction that is still unverified, is it OK?
Maybe the transaction was not transmitted properly to the server. Did you lookup the txid on a block explorer yet? If it is not on the blockchain, the transaction did not get through.

It seems to be on the block explorer

XrGoonqgdyiKXi1FMcz8goucKE33fW7EUS

but still showing as unverified in Electrum. Sorry to trouble you if this is all normal, but it seems to be taking longer than before :)

Still unverified. Polniex sent it 1 hour and 15 minutes ago. I could you check that address in the block explorer? It's the only one I have used for three payments. What worries me is that Electrum is occasionally flashing what should be the correct balance of 501 dash, but on the block explorer it shows a balance of 224.95 DASH, the amount of Poloniex's second payment. Could my wallet have been hacked?

I guess not, the other address in the wallet is XbxM9iLCH4trLzx33LBAAjZutakuFwsaRE
which shows the right amount of 275.949887 DASH

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I reinstalled the wallet, after changing to a wireless modem that gets a stronger signal, and everything worked perfectly. Not Electrums's fault, it just requires a certain stability of connection to work. If anyone wants to delete this thread, please do!

Better as it stays for future generations ;)

Back