• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Apple vs Dash, action required

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
So, we have these legal proposals that will supposedly attract more investment yet at the same time we do nothing about Apple's war on dash? And meanwhile, these companies like Jaxx and ShapeShift don't have the balls to boycott Apple entirely... meaning, they are quite happy to give up their principles on privacy in exchange for profit. I thought privacy and permissionless payments were the pillars of crypto!

Next up, SpectroCoin.. I guess they too will remove dash support from their Apple app. And what will we do about it?

We need to take action and I'm wondering if we should approach Apple and insist they block access to ShapeShift and any other website that supports dash, and from all Apple platforms. Why? - because eventually with enough blocks against us (and crypto in general), we could demonstrate how Big Brother operates, thus discouraging people to use Apple products. More so, it might further encourage dark markets to adopt dash because our PrivacyProtect had been endorsed by Apple as successful.

Any other ideas on what we can do?

Support a project that leaves Apple looking old and busted.

If you don't have leverage, make some...

I would walk with a sign that says Apple dont discriminate DASH or sumthin and go around 1 infinite loop for 8 hours. Who would join me? Maybe we can get some media exposure.

I agree with @camosoul: Instead to fight a war, let's just get more attractive.

If Dash is actually being USED by thousands of merchants and millions of people, it will be harder to ignore us. And even if they do: Who cares? We can create a HTML5 wallet for iOS users.

If Apple does not want us in their walled garden: Ok, lets gather adoption and bust their ApplePay.

And let's not forget that we don't have any right to be in their appstore. It is their and they have the right to ruin it if they want. We can't legally force them to let us in their house... let's focus on being unavoidable.

In which case, Apple might as well remove Android Pay

And let's not forget that we don't have any right to be in their appstore. It is their and they have the right to ruin it if they want. We can't legally force them to let us in their house... let's focus on being unavoidable.

I am not so sure about it. Their app store is the gate to information for many million Apple user which are a certain part of the population. They cannot do what they want anymore but must be in line of public rights of expression and freedom of speech. If they start to suppress that it should be enough for a case. But regarding some cryptowallets I am pretty sure that they can do whatever they want. The right way is to extent the DASH infrastructure and acceptance so that they decide on their own to approve it again.

Apple App Appeal

Keep your version up, more than or equal to version 1.0.
Avoid "Beta" "demo", for it denies an app.
Avoid slow, stally apps longer than 10 seconds.

Plan for an app not always having an internet always.
No prizes, sweepstakes, or giveaways allowed.
No user agreements allowed, nor required user registration.

Applies to a broad population.
App has to have some function in the world.
Apps avoid downloading java scripts.

No apple icons allowed.
Follow all iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
Matching Icons, 512x512 icon must be identical to the smaller icon.

96% get approved eventually.
Dash stack nation;
Be nice, be patient, appeals to the Review Board typically take 2-3 weeks average.

I'm sure the Dash IOS developer knows all of the tricks. He has a lot of App experience. There appears to be more to this than it seems. Expect to see some updates on the topic from Jaxx

Back