• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Android wallet new phone

ronminer

hi I had an Android phone , and was using uour wallet app, I had to get a new phone. and I just had to download the dark coin wallet again but it will not allow me to import my old keys just keys that I save now. The drop down box only shows the saved keys after the new install.

I do have all the keys backed up into my so that I know that they're there if not on my phobe as well.

how do I get them from into droid wallet for import?

Thank you in advance

Hi, which wallet are you using? The darkcoin wallet by HashEngineering or Coinomi?

You could import the keys into a desktop wallet and send the coins to your phone.

This sounds like it is Darkcoin Wallet by HashEngineering (me). Coinami uses a passphrase.

Backups are saved to the downloads folder on the device. And one should always archive them in an email to another computer or account as a backup to the backup.

"how do I get them from into droid wallet for import?"

I use HashEngineering's wallet app at my android. It's a great wallet, and really simple to import the backed up wallet: you should just keep your wallet backup file at the "Download" folder of your Android (as said above) and, at the app, select the option to make a backup but instead of making the backup ask for it to import your backedup file. It works fine ;)

Back