• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

All coins lost, Error message importing old Darkcoin wallet: all transaction at 0.000

Cool! Here is the rest of it http://explorer.dash.org/tx/7f6e5aa8b83f80f54c3c37c9999c0ed856357caaef72ac42bc8022a338643dac
View attachment 2339

If we are talking about the way private key is stored in wallet.dat then it's only protected in an encrypted wallet. When you dump your private key wallet decrypts it so it's not protected anymore and if you import it in another (but this time unencrypted) wallet it will not be protected too. The way to have it protected in plain text is bip38 I mentioned above but the sad part is that wallet can't work with bip38 and to import it you have to decrypt bip38 encrypted key too. And yes, anyone having access to you unencrypted private key will be able to send coins wherever he likes. That's actually how I sent you "your" coins (technically they are not yours from the moment I have access to your private keys, if I was a thief or a hacker who've got you private keys you would never have any access to them anymore few seconds after I've got the key).
Thanks for all, I will be more carefull in the future, and have better understanding of the way wallet security work.

And I'm surprised about the honesty and dedication of some people in this world.

Thanks for all, I will be more carefull in the future, and have better understanding of the way wallet security work.

And I'm surprised about the honesty and dedication of some people in this world.

Read much? Welcome to open source :)

Back