• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Abe-Explorer settings for Testnet

aka5

Foundation Member
I hope someone can help me setting up an abe-blockexplorer for testnet.

Progress: abe is reading the right blockchain, finds and reads all blocks in testnet, but the addresses are screwed up, they begin with an x... instead of an y... (testnet).

I guess the problem is in the abe.conf
Code:
datadir = [{
        "dirname": "/home/xyz/.dash/testnet3",
        "chain":   "Dash",
        "code3":   "DASH",
        "address_version": "\u004c" }]

i guess i need another chain, code3 or at least address_version for the testnet addresses.

I hope someone can point me to the correct settings? thanks.

Table chain:
Field chain_address_version should be 8b
Field chain_script_version should be 13 (unsure as we never tested a script in testnet).

The settings for main net:
Table chain:
Field chain_address_version should be 4c
Field chain_script_version should be 10.

Changing the config file of Abe after the database is created will not work. You need to change the values in the table.

hallo elbereth, thanks, but still not working

changed my abe.conf to:
Code:
root@vultr:~/Dash-abe# cat abe.conf
# Config file for Abe.
dbtype MySQLdb
connect-args {"user":"root","db":"abe"}
port 2750
host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
datadir = [{
        "dirname": "/home/xxx/.dash/testnet3",
        #"dirname": "/home/xxx/.dash/",
        "address_version": "\u008b" }]

and did a "drop database abe", "create database abe" before, so it would reindex the blocks (thought it might need too, but still after reindex, the explorer shows addresses with x, instead of y... :(

is the "chain_script_version " the relevant part?? didn't know where to put, (in my mainnet config which is working , there is no chain_script_version setting that i know of.)

other tips?

hallo elbereth, thanks, but still not working

changed my abe.conf to:
Code:
root@vultr:~/Dash-abe# cat abe.conf
# Config file for Abe.
dbtype MySQLdb
connect-args {"user":"root","db":"abe"}
port 2750
host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
datadir = [{
        "dirname": "/home/xxx/.dash/testnet3",
        #"dirname": "/home/xxx/.dash/",
        "address_version": "\u008b" }]

and did a "drop database abe", "create database abe" before, so it would reindex the blocks (thought it might need too, but still after reindex, the explorer shows addresses with x, instead of y... :(

is the "chain_script_version " the relevant part?? didn't know where to put, (in my mainnet config which is working , there is no chain_script_version setting that i know of.)

other tips?
Both x and y are valid for testnet (note x not X)

As UdjinM6 said, both x and y are correct in testnet.
I don't know how to change the script version from the conf file, just change it in the database as I told you. Anyway, I don't think testnet has script adresses in the blockchain.
Just FYI, reindexing/recreating the DB is not needed when changing the address/script version as Abe will compute it on the fly when queries are done.

changed only in database and left abe.conf like in mainnet, working like a charm!

Thanks !!!

Back