• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

51% HASHRATE COINMINE.PL !!!

Can't remember where i read about the recent x11 ASIC promises out of china,
well there it goes .... not
http://pinidea.io
RfXGLi0.png

Being a botnet owner and having the ability to set up a pool server are mutually exclusive? News to me.
No. But the whole problem we're having is that THIS botnet owner IS pooling on coinmine... Yay for facts! Apparently, he hasn't got the oomph to fly solo. Just enough to push over the 51%. Which may be the purpose given how it affected the market price. Why mine when you can scare off the weak hands who don't understand and get them to sell cheap DASH to you? If you had a botnet, wouldn't you?

No. But the whole problem we're having is that THIS botnet owner IS pooling on coinmine... Yay for facts! Apparently, he hasn't got the oomph to fly solo. Just enough to push over the 51%. Which may be the purpose given how it affected the market price. Why mine when you can scare off the weak hands who don't understand and get them to sell cheap DASH to you? If you had a botnet, wouldn't you?

I'd consider the idea, but would discard it because I'd want to keep mining and dumping it for a while, continuing to make money - trying to lower the price to accumulate is a risky move, as it's VERY possible to destroy all faith in a coin and leave its market stagnant forever.

About the pools being able to 51%, I've already pointed out how proper implementation of GBT solves this...

Back