• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

17 Reasons to Invest in Darkcoin

dazman

1) Unlike Bitcoin, Darkcoin transactions are anonymous/private (off block-chain anonymity and quantum computing proof)

2) Darkcoins anonymity feature "DarkSend" has been carefully designed to ensure user’s anonymity isn't uncovered through known attack vectors. This cannot be said for other on block-chain anonymous coins

3) Darksend is far more advanced than the CoinJoin system it was originally based on. Mixing coins through Darksend is Safe, Secure, Decentralised and nobody can steal your money because the coins never leave their wallet.

4) Darkcoin Transaction Confirmations Are Lightening Fast* (20 - 30 seconds instead of Bitcoins 60 minutes)

5) Merchants don't have to worry about the double spend 0 confirmation risk that Bitcoin has*

6) Darkcoins are secure at the Protocol level**. This means even if somebody steals your wallet or your private keys, they still can't access your money.

7) Expansion proof... Unlike Bitcoin, Darkcoin's development and innovation won't slow down as the network grows due to the fear of the network failing. Darkcoin's revolutionary SPORK upgrade process ensures any problems can be quickly and safely fixed no matter how big the network gets.

8) Dual Network Protection - The masternode network enables the developers to innovate without fear as the standard network is always there to fall back on should the masternode network fail (which is unlikely)

9) Dual Network Protection - Should the Masternode network ever fail (even for a few minutes) transactions will still go through and they will still be anonymous because the coins will already have been through the Darksend process.

10) The X11 algorithm ensures Darkcoins miners are more environmentally friendly than Bitcoin miners.

11) The Dark gravity Wave difficulty Algorithm ensures mining is always fair

12) The Darkcoin Network Provides 2 forms of income generation - Mining and Masternode Hosting. You can invest and gain interest from the network while at the same time making the network stronger.

13) Because Darkcoin is based on the Bitcoin code and uses the same API it will be very easy for merchants that are currently accepting Bitcoin to also accept Darkcoin.

14) The Darkcoin team is growing weekly. Highly Skilled Developers, Security Experts and Economic Experts are giving up their spare time to be part of a project that will truly change the financial landscape

15) Darkcoin is the eCash people have been dreaming of for decades and it takes cryptocurrencies to the next level

16) Darkcoin has massive potential for innovation. We have only taken the first steps!

17) If you Wish you had invested in Bitcoin when it was worth $2.50, take a look at Darkcoin, It's what Bitcoin was supposed to be!

* When InstantX is released (estimated January/February 2015)

** When Protocol level 2-Factor Authentication is released (estimated March/April 2015)

13) Because Darkcoin is based on the Bitcoin code and uses the same API it will be very easy for merchants that are currently accepting Bitcoin to also accept Darkcoin.

Can someone explain this to me in more detail? The addresses are different, and from what I can tell, the codebase is completely different. Is there any comparison of the APIs?

Can someone explain this to me in more detail? The addresses are different, and from what I can tell, the codebase is completely different. Is there any comparison of the APIs?
Addresses are different but in terms of core commands on the daemon, it's the same--easiest way (a starting basis) to see what this means is to load up the bitcoin client, go to the debug console and type "help" and now do the same for Darkcoin. It will be obvious then. Obviously there will be some differences (afterall, DRK added new functionality) but the basic commands will be the same.

18) Because someone can tell you you have joined the dark side!

19) The mining is alot less centralized than bitcoin at the moment... A sensible point.

18) Because someone can tell you you have joined the dark side!

19) The mining is alot less centralized than bitcoin at the moment... A sensible point.

18) Because someone can tell you you have joined the dark side! - Also known as respecting your privacy ;-)

19) Yep a sensible point but I'm sure that will sort itself out in time or Evan and the team will come up with another innovation :)

No the code base is pretty much the same. But since the darkcoin tree was forked off the litecoin-0.8 tree it differs very much from the current bitcoin-0.9 tree (by around 2k commits). we are currently working to release a version based on a more recent bitcoin code base. But that said, it is still the same code base and almost the same API. (A merchant wont need masternode commands or stuff...)

No the code base is pretty much the same. But since the darkcoin tree was forked off the litecoin-0.8 tree it differs very much from the current bitcoin-0.9 tree (by around 2k commits). we are currently working to release a version based on a more recent bitcoin code base. But that said, it is still the same code base and almost the same API. (A merchant wont need masternode commands or stuff...)

Okay so that makes sense the more I think about it. All you need to know is the API calls for bitcoin, and you can simply make sure they need to do what they do for Darkcoin.

Thanks very much!

Back