• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recent content by Ricardo Temporal

1. Ricardo Temporal

Pre-Proposal: The Dash Dollar

I improved the explanation on how it works with new examples. Follow the same link to the new version of the PDF. Check the "Issuance of the Dash Treasury bonds".
  2. Ricardo Temporal

The Question and Answers so far. Question: "Treasury is largely already occupied with funding Dash Core Group and some other ongoing projects in the space". "i would rather to have Dash core team to focus on Dash Evolution" Answer: Yes, the digital exchange would be developed only after the...
  3. Ricardo Temporal

How to create a stable coin

Follow the link below on how to create a stable coin. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gy5at2kjytd044/The%20Dash%20Dollar.pdf?dl=0
  4. Ricardo Temporal

Request for proposal in order to create a stable currency. If you vote 'yes'; then, you request the core team to create a stable currency. If you vote 'no'; then, you think it's not necessary. If you vote 'abstain'; then, you don't know...
  5. Ricardo Temporal

Digital Fiat Currency

The price can converge to $1.00 by the continuous settlement method. But, not exactly $1.00.
  6. Ricardo Temporal

Digital Fiat Currency

The cost of this proposal is the refund of the fee of 5 DASHs. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xizo056szle3f6b/Digital%20Fiat%20Currency.pdf?dl=0
  7. Ricardo Temporal

Can Dash provide a stable value coin?

No, not like Tether. Tether and this other solution in Ethereum, both, require a third-party risk. Check the following example of the bitUSD. Replace all the "BitShares" by "Dash". The masternodes could provide the quotation of DASH.
  8. Ricardo Temporal

Can Dash provide a stable value coin?

I propose the Dash community to provide a stable value coin, supposedly DashUSD. Otherwise, the merchants have to convert their payments to the local currency immediately for the reason of risk management. They just can't accept their business crashing together with the market price. I'm afraid...
  9. Ricardo Temporal

Conflicting Network Status. Should I restart?

I've got the same conflict of information. The masternode is running fine while the wallet says: NEW_START_REQUIRED. 1) Close the wallet. 2) Go to the directory ".dashcore" of your wallet in the client machine. 3) Rename the file mncache.dat to mncache.dat.old. 4) Run the wallet. The wallet...
  10. Ricardo Temporal

Protecting the Network Against Flood Attack

Why don't we increase the block size to 20Mb immediately? This is a rhetorical question. People know in the subconscious level that if a block of this size is mined right now, it must be a flood attack. Then, the network is kept below its full potential as a kind of protection against flood...
  11. Ricardo Temporal

Pre-proposal: Protecting the Network Against Flood Attack

Yes. I have posted in the tech forum as well. Let's wait for a response.
  12. Ricardo Temporal

The model allows large full blocks. It prevents garbage inside the blocks. I'm struggling with the title yet.
  13. Ricardo Temporal

Follow the link of a model for your analysis. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw9l41bi09grevp/Protecting%20the%20Network%20Against%20Large%20Blocks.pdf?dl=0
  14. Ricardo Temporal

When the nodes accept a cheap transaction that is mostly paid by the inflation, not the fees. Then, every holder of the coin is paying the cost generated by the user of that cheap transaction. It's not fair, even if that transaction is valid. Therefore, I think it is necessary to filter cheap...
  15. Ricardo Temporal

The network capacity is being paid by the inflation, the fees are not being enough to replace the inflation. The fees can be increased in the future to keep that premise true, ok. But, this is brute force. A model can avoid the problem while keeping the fees low.
Back