• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why is everyone so quiet? Why is the average user so uninvolved?

TheDashGuy

You would think more than 0.001% of our community would want to be part of the daily conversations.

But Dash seems to have one of the quietest communities of all, I would even go as far to say that the Dash community in general really has no idea whats going on on the day-to-day basis.

Any reasons for this? Why does Dogecoin, Litecoin ETC have a more active community than us? Seems backwards to me...

Wake up people! How do we get everyone to start participating more instead of less?

lol
what does LTC have to with the price of eggs in Egypt?

I have wondered this also, and come to a conclusion:

it's because Dash's momentum -- its market cap -- is based mainly on investors' recognition of good code. Whereas most other crypto networks attract their capital with the chatter of hype.

I'll take solid code over chatter any day.

You would think more than 0.001% of our community would want to be part of the daily conversations.

But Dash seems to have one of the quietest communities of all, I would even go as far to say that the Dash community in general really has no idea whats going on on the day-to-day basis.

Any reasons for this? Why does Dogecoin, Litecoin ETC have a more active community than us? Seems backwards to me...

Wake up people! How do we get everyone to start participating more instead of less?

Lets think about possible reasons why a few people talk here.
One possible reason could be because this thing is run by big companies and not by real persons. Big companies do not talk.
Another possible reason maybe because the average user realizes that greedy geeks are the majority in dash, and it is not pleasant to talk with them.
Another possible reason is that accesing the forum is slow, and this lag discourages people to come here and talk.
What other possible reason can you find to justify why it is so quiet here?

Lets think about possible reasons why a few people talk here.
One possible reason could be because this thing is run by big companies and not by real persons. Big companies do not talk.
Another possible reason maybe because the average user realizes that greedy geeks are the majority in dash, and it is not pleasant to talk with them.
What other possible reason can you find to justify why it is so quiet here?

WE NEED MORE TROLLS LIKE YOU LOL

Ok, really though... you crack me up man I wish I could hear you talk IRL.

I have wondered this also, and come to a conclusion:

it's because Dash's momentum -- its market cap -- is based mainly on investors' recognition of good code. Whereas most other crypto networks attract their capital with the chatter of hype.

I'll take solid code over chatter any day.

Well in all honestly it just makes me feel as if Dash has a smaller community than the rest of the cryptos, I wish people would speak up more..

WE NEED MORE TROLLS LIKE YOU LOL

Ok, really though... you crack me up man I wish I could hear you talk IRL.

I told you 3 possible reasons.
We have also the reason claiming that people are afraid of the rating system.
And the reason that dash is based mainly on investors' recognition of good code which is similar to the above.

Can you find another reason?

Lets find all possible reasons. Then lets put the reasons into a vote, to discover the cause of quietness.

Dash Nation is a community of doers. The professionalism of people here is beyond anything I've seen in crypto.

We just finished having a long discussion over clarification of roles in the community, maybe people got burned out from posting for a while after that. I know I have.

We also have other avenues of communication besides here, which are being used simultaneously. People don't want to post here unless they have a reason to post. We are about to test V12.1, so there will be a lot of posting here for that, and it should make this place feel more like home again.

Dash is being developed and promoted, and access ramps are being created. I'll take Dash Nation's progress over post counts in forums any day. :D

We just finished having a long discussion over clarification of roles in the community, maybe people got burned out from posting for a while after that. I know I have.

:D

Most of reasons are guessworks.

But one reason is objective, the forum is too slow now, and I dont know why.

Most of reasons are guessworks.

But one reason is objective, the forum is too slow now, and I dont know why.

Not sure how fast you need a, pretty much, textually based system to be.
[Words on a Shirt]

but - maybe you should explain how and where and when are you experiencing these stated deficiencies?
I personally have seen nothing but a lot of WOW and COOL so far... keep finding NEW STUFF :-D

I say GREAT JOB!!!
but..... Is this the new website that we paid for? I'm a bit lost on that subject...
....I'd be a little disappointed if it was/is [expected a little more - but - meh.....]

Back