• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Got this errors too: (latest git build ~)

EXCEPTION: St12out_of_range
CInv::GetCommand() : type=14 unknown type
dash in ProcessMessages()

his was supposed to be is ;P

Ok, so we've gone back to an earlier time in the blockchain. One of our explorers has continued on from where we left off before "downgrading"

I still have the same problem, even so I've rebooted the server and I'm doing a -reindex each time I start. This time I'll try deleting everything in the testnet folder except the wallet.dat.
Yes, we kind of gone "back in time", see block number in my previous post and use http://test.insight.dash.siampm.com/ - it's on the right chain.

I still don't get it. What. is. the. problem? :tongue: I scanned page again and see no problem highlighted by you...

Or are you referring to
Code:
"errors" : "EXCEPTION: St12out_of_range \nCInv::GetCommand() : type=14 unknown type \ndash in ProcessMessages() \n"
?
Have you followed link I posted in my first reply to you?
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-104#post-61504
Read it carefully :wink:

Got this errors too: (latest git build ~)

CInv::GetCommand() : type=14 unknown type
That's ok for v11, see the same link ^^^^^

Oh F*CK! I never NEVER read everything, even so I always ALWAYS get kicked in the a$$ because I didn't. This is called being so lazy it's stupid!

Quote:
Edit: These messages are OK

CInv::GetCommand() : type=15 unknown type

OK, damn me, I"m over 50 years old and have been this way since I started school, been ostracized for it by hundreds of teachers, but have I learned? Ugh!

Super big apologies Udjin, and I apologize for the future as well, 'cause I'm bound to do it again (I hate that part of myself, I never ever learn!)

Oh F*CK! I never NEVER read everything, even so I always ALWAYS get kicked in the a$$ because I didn't. This is called being so lazy it's stupid!

Quote:
Edit: These messages are OK

CInv::GetCommand() : type=15 unknown type

OK, damn me, I"m over 50 years old and have been this way since I started school, been ostracized for it by hundreds of teachers, but have I learned? Ugh!

Super big apologies Udjin, and I apologize for the future as well, 'cause I'm bound to do it again (I hate that part of myself, I never ever learn!)
:grin:
np :smile:

eduffield - I feel the budget system hasn't got tested thoroughly yet, or very close to being tested thoroughly. After the hard fork on Testnet, could we test it one more time to make sure please before releasing to Mainnet? Thank you.

I agree with moli... it seems over the past couple of weeks, we've spent much time dealing with syncing issues, and really not so much time actually dealing with budget features...

We're all excited and anxious to test this on mainnet, but if there are too many problems then it'll just end up one major heat-score... IMO

I agree with moli... it seems over the past couple of weeks, we've spent much time dealing with syncing issues, and really not so much time actually dealing with budget features...

We're all excited and anxious to test this on mainnet, but if there are too many problems then it'll just end up one major heat-score... IMO
Ok, let's try not to get our blood pressure up.. Let's read Evan's replies again:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-105#post-61535

"I've tested the budget system thoroughly (for months now and rewrote it twice!), however I was going to continue doing testing on Sunday - Tuesday to look for edge cases / exploits. Feel free to join me, if we find anything substantial we can push it back. We're in no hurry"

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-105#post-61537

"Rollout is planned to be staggered:

8/5 - Turn off enforcement / network upgrade
8/7-12 - Turn on enforcement
8/24 - Hard fork to allow for super blocks
9/6 - The very first budget block will be 332320, so that's quite a ways off (about 36 days from today)"

So we have about ~19400 blocks to go before the first budget block... :)

Ok, let's try not to get our blood pressure up.. Let's read Evan's replies again:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-105#post-61535

"I've tested the budget system thoroughly (for months now and rewrote it twice!), however I was going to continue doing testing on Sunday - Tuesday to look for edge cases / exploits. Feel free to join me, if we find anything substantial we can push it back. We're in no hurry"

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-105#post-61537

"Rollout is planned to be staggered:

8/5 - Turn off enforcement / network upgrade
8/7-12 - Turn on enforcement
8/24 - Hard fork to allow for super blocks
9/6 - The very first budget block will be 332320, so that's quite a ways off (about 36 days from today)"

So we have about ~19400 blocks to go before the first budget block... :)

Lol, blood pressure not up, but thanks moli... I was just suggesting it might not be wise to rush things...
Hey! . . . if Evan feels confident it's ready, then that's good enough.

Oh my gosh, I've just successfully started my masternodes on version 11.2.23! It's a miracle!

Now, I take it tomorrow morning, we will try a fork. Will it be the hard fork back to 12? Should I be bad and have my node continue to run 11.2.23? Hummm, I think I might ;)

Oh my gosh, I've just successfully started my masternodes on version 11.2.23! It's a miracle!

Now, I take it tomorrow morning, we will try a fork. Will it be the hard fork back to 12? Should I be bad and have my node continue to run 11.2.23? Hummm, I think I might ;)
Come on now, Tante, pay attention to the teacher... you'll never learn anything that way... :grin:

Thanks, I know, but I wanted to explicitly test what a new Dash-user would experience :wink:

(Right now that would be: syncs very slow, sending coins works, but they never show up in the receiving wallet. Don't get faucet Dash as well. Can someone please send a tDash or two to yJC5Qde8wkKL4RyQJNDs75KLCTJ1ku6k8x ? )

Edit: thanks, after a zapwallet they all show up. Gotta love those wallet-repair-buttons :smile:)

Last edited by a moderator:
got my wallets all to v0.12.0.35 (all on block 78249 currently) but it took a build from scratch, a -reindex (combined with deleting peers.dat & mncache.dat) and a some wallets closing and reopening to get them all there and syncing was slow as hell yesterday (had only a 1 connection at start for a long time). Today i'm getting full connections again and got fully synced.

I just updated my windows wallet. Simply restarted with -reindex, and it took 6 minutes to sync, very fast IMHO. This is on testnet of course. Anyway, masternode automatically started, everything seems smooth.

I'm going to try to cause trouble with my linux wallets tomorrow (or just leave them at 11.2.23 if I'm not awake, LOL.

Back