• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

Qm7x4w6.png

All other suggestions so far also suck. It doesn't need to be a play on words to be successful.
I think so far you've been the single least productive person in this whole discussion. Instead of criticizing ever one else's ideas, why don't you enlighten us with your valuable ideas? If not, stop wasting our time with useless crap.

I've resisted a re-brand for quite some time, but as the coin matures, it makes sense, and I find myself running out of good arguments against. I haven't read all the way through the original thread, but I take it things went a little sideways? The "Darkcoin" name gets us to where we are now, maybe a ways further, but I don't think it gets us to mainstream adoption or a 10 figure market share. I'm of the opinion that the only thing anyone should be fretting over is how the re-brand is rolled out.

The fundamentals of the tech don't change at all - frankly it seems like sentimentality is getting in the way of sound reasoning.

I've resisted a re-brand for quite some time, but as the coin matures, it makes sense, and I find myself running out of good arguments against. I haven't read all the way through the original thread, but I take it things went a little sideways? The "Darkcoin" name gets us to where we are now, maybe a ways further, but I don't think it gets us to mainstream adoption or a 10 figure market share. I'm of the opinion that the only thing anyone should be fretting over is how the re-brand is rolled out.

The fundamentals of the tech don't change at all - frankly it seems like sentimentality is getting in the way of sound reasoning.

Thought you left months ago :)

Yes. This is it. Ticker XDC. (XDC's not taken right?) And DC for short. "Do you take dee see?"

Obviously it's slightly arrogant and bold to name it digital cash, but aim high, think big etc. Step out of the kids' playground that is the altcoin scene and stand out as the standard for electric money.

It is like naming shop as "The shop" - it will be impossible to differ and compete with all other shops.

As generic name as possible like "The Shop" or "Digital Cash" implies that we are not competing with all the shitcoins out there. We have evolved (or aim to evolve) to the gold standard of digital money instead of fighting with DOGE or QUARK etc.

Yes. This is it. Ticker XDC. (XDC's not taken right?) And DC for short. "Do you take dee see?"

Obviously it's slightly arrogant and bold to name it digital cash, but aim high, think big etc. Step out of the kids' playground that is the altcoin scene and stand out as the standard for electric money.

I like it. XDC

As generic name as possible like "The Shop" or "Digital Cash" implies that we are not competing with all other shitcoins. We have evolved (or aim to evolve) to the gold standard of digital money instead of fighting with DOGE or QUARK etc.

good point.

Back