• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So during the course of receiving 1000tdrk from the faucet and sending it back anonymously in two batches, I have incurred 7 cents worth of fees. Seems reasonable to me. Apologies if this has been asked upthread but what are the fees used for?

It should be faster on main-net not because there are more MNs but because there will be more people denominating and available and wanting to pool alongside you with compatible amounts. (I think!)
It won't be "faster" since block times are still regulated mostly by DGW though there will be more MNs competing.

So during the course of receiving 1000tdrk from the faucet and sending it back anonymously in two batches, I have incurred 7 cents worth of fees. Seems reasonable to me. Apologies if this has been asked upthread but what are the fees used for?

i think you should consider them transaction fees for each denomination round which are necessary to get them in blocks so they can be further processed. I believe afterwards those fees get destroyed (not totally sure about this so pls someone correct me if i'm wrong here or if this needs additional comment)

4 different locations, 2 or 3 different IP, just randomly closing my laptop lid, and zero collateral fee.

hiMt3KG.png

jhx4wMa.png

When RC4 is released on main-net, will all regular (ie non-MN etc.) users have to update their clients or will existing clients still work but without the DS+ functionality?

edit: I can see previous Darksend versions causing problems, but the older stable wallets should work? Because a regular sendtoaddress <address> <amount> works the same way it always has? Or am I being exceptionally blonde again?

Last edited by a moderator:
When RC4 is released on main-net, will all regular (ie non-MN etc.) users have to update their clients or will existing clients still work but without the DS+ functionality?
Normal wallets (0.9.11.y) will continue to work, but since the protocol version number will change they will be squeezed out of the network midterm:
The more "new wallets" are present in the network, the harder the "old wallets" will find available block sources - till critical mass is reached and no blocksource is available anymore --> sync lost.

We can additionally facilitate this squeeze out by updating the dnsseeders, which will only return addresses of new nodes then. So if you need to download the blockchain from scratch, and have no peers.dat/addnode definition of old nodes, you are stuck and forced to update.

So long answer short: Old wallets will continue to work, but will loose their ability to get blockchain sources midterm.

****** Please Update To 10.12.17 or 9.12.17 *******

I have a couple more updates to do for anonymity, which will be v18. Then we'll test for bugs for a few days and release RC4.

- I've switched up the way the masternode network works.
1.) Users now will join a random masternode (1 of the entire list, just completely randomly)
2.) Upon joining if it's the first user, the masternode will propagate a message stating it's taking partisipants for a merge
3.) Another user will check that queue, if it's got a recent node, it will try that node first, otherwise it will go to 1.)

- Darksend limited to 5000DRK per wallet.dat. Client will warn about this the first time it's opened, then disable darksend from then on.
- Fixed some bugs with connecting to the correct masternodes
- Send was sending way too many coins for all modes, (I sent 100DRK anon and it sent 2000DRK, then sent me change for the rest causing a whole reprocess of everything in the wallet)
- Client now updates Anonymized balance when you send money out

Stable Binaries
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoind

RC4 Binaries ( masternodes / auto-denom )
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoind

****** Please Update To 10.12.17 or 9.12.17 *******

MNs 54.191.236.39 and 149.255.109.167 1-click updated. :cool:

edit: local qt wallet with 2000tDRK from faucet leapt into action straight away, just waiting for coins back from their default 2 rounds, which is probably only taking so long as there's nobody else on the network. :tongue:

ping pong
n4iVFjd2CEeEJ8QA1pF6JYTLVT8ovB5Xdm
Still waiting on getting anonymised coins back, 8 blocks now and inputs still locked under coin control.

edit: closed and reopened client after 10 blocks, inputs then showed as unlocked but still undenominated and darksend rounds remain at -2 after another block. Haven't been charged any collateral yet. Plus my m,asternodes have vanished from masternode list (now empty) in console, they were both showing before I closed/restarted the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back