• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Project] Dash Lowcost ATM

XePeleato

Hi there! It's been some time since I posted about one of my projects, however this one is not related to mining, some weeks ago I have been thinking about ways of using Dash, and how to implement it. In my opinion, the goal of any cryptocurrency is to be easy to use, that means, easy to adquire. I am relatively new to Dash, but I don't think any Average Joe is willing to scan his passport and provide all of those boring AML, KYC verifications in order to buy some Dash. And that's how I came up with the idea!

I know this is not the first Crypto ATM, not even the first one to work with Dash, but man... Those machines are expensive (you get what you pay for, don't get me wrong here), way too expensive to be interesting to anyone that isn't a crypto fan. As of now, the ATM is not even finished, that's why I am posting this introduction, I'd like to know your opinion, I'd like to know if you would use it, or if you think it's a good idea, or if you think it should be burnt in hell.

So, Some days ago I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 and I started coding, I haven't bought yet all that cool stuff (thermal printer, camera, bill acceptor, screen...) since I wanted to start with a prototype on the command line. I am going to briefly describe how I have designed it:

• The frame: Should be relatively small, I'd like it to be placed on a table, so it's easy to transport.
  • Security: It protects your wallet via 2FA authentication (Already implemented)(got the idea from slack), I don't know yet how to protect the Fiat money. You can also generate your own paper wallet.
  • Monitoring: It will save logs of everything,(Kind of implemented) however the address will be hashed, the ATM owner would just be able to know who someone is if any error happens (The receipt contains the key) so if anything goes wrong, the customer can claim his precious coins. The owner will receive an email if the printer is out of paper, or if the ATM doesn't have enough Dash (There's a Treshold)
  • Backend: The code is written in C, now you can only buy Dash, (IMO it would be pretty expensive to add support for selling Dash)
  • Instant/PrivateSend: InstantSend is always activated, PrivateSend is optional, (maybe the owner doesn't want to mix the coins)
I am pretty sure I am leaving out some cool features, but I think it's enough, if I see there's enough interest I'll upload a video so you can see how it works etc...

Again, the objective is to build a cheap yet effective ATM. If I finally build it and I don't end up broke, I'd like to donate it to the Dash Foundation (if you think it's worth some space at the warehouse lol)

Preview Screenshot:
d1a167ee05a953c982011e33a787cd74.png

As the ATM would say after buying some Dash: Have a nice day!

Hi there! It's been some time since I posted about one of my projects, however this one is not related to mining, some weeks ago I have been thinking about ways of using Dash, and how to implement it. In my opinion, the goal of any cryptocurrency is to be easy to use, that means, easy to adquire. I am relatively new to Dash, but I don't think any Average Joe is willing to scan his passport and provide all of those boring AML, KYC verifications in order to buy some Dash. And that's how I came up with the idea!

I know this is not the first Crypto ATM, not even the first one to work with Dash, but man... Those machines are expensive (you get what you pay for, don't get me wrong here), way too expensive to be interesting to anyone that isn't a crypto fan. As of now, the ATM is not even finished, that's why I am posting this introduction, I'd like to know your opinion, I'd like to know if you would use it, or if you think it's a good idea, or if you think it should be burnt in hell.

So, Some days ago I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 and I started coding, I haven't bought yet all that cool stuff (thermal printer, camera, bill acceptor, screen...) since I wanted to start with a prototype on the command line. I am going to briefly describe how I have designed it:

• The frame: Should be relatively small, I'd like it to be placed on a table, so it's easy to transport.
  • Security: It protects your wallet via 2FA authentication (Already implemented)(got the idea from slack), I don't know yet how to protect the Fiat money. You can also generate your own paper wallet.
  • Monitoring: It will save logs of everything,(Kind of implemented) however the address will be hashed, the ATM owner would just be able to know who someone is if any error happens (The receipt contains the key) so if anything goes wrong, the customer can claim his precious coins. The owner will receive an email if the printer is out of paper, or if the ATM doesn't have enough Dash (There's a Treshold)
  • Backend: The code is written in C, now you can only buy Dash, (IMO it would be pretty expensive to add support for selling Dash)
  • Instant/PrivateSend: InstantSend is always activated, PrivateSend is optional, (maybe the owner doesn't want to mix the coins)
I am pretty sure I am leaving out some cool features, but I think it's enough, if I see there's enough interest I'll upload a video so you can see how it works etc...

Again, the objective is to build a cheap yet effective ATM. If I finally build it and I don't end up broke, I'd like to donate it to the Dash Foundation (if you think it's worth some space at the warehouse lol)

Preview Screenshot:

Wao, that's great project. I am eager to see it.

Last edited:
here, if easily transportable, it Would be !
They chain 'em to a pu bumper and drag 'em down the street !
ymmv
rc

Preview Screenshot:

I like this, You dont need to worry about AML or KYC when buying DASH. Its when you convert to USD that matters in the US... Someone site me if I am wrong.

I would invest in a vending machine that takes coins and converts to DASH.

I like this, You dont need to worry about AML or KYC when buying DASH. Its when you convert to USD that matters in the US... Someone site me if I am wrong.

I would invest in a vending machine that takes coins and converts to DASH.
Oh well I don't really know much about such regulations because I don't live in the USA, however I have read a bit about them, it seems that some bitcoin ATMs require you to verify your phone number and that kind of stuff but thanks for clearing that out!
The main idea was just taking Fiat to Dash, since it will be cheaper and easier.

About the ATM itself, I am currently fixing some security issues,if someone steals your microSD card and knows how to run a disassembler, I definitely don't want this to happen!
98b16f8096000eb6e4fb2152f548324f.png
I have ordered some more parts and I'll upload a video shortly,

Thanks for all the support!

Oh well I don't really know much about such regulations because I don't live in the USA, however I have read a bit about them, it seems that some bitcoin ATMs require you to verify your phone number and that kind of stuff but thanks for clearing that out!
The main idea was just taking Fiat to Dash, since it will be cheaper and easier.

About the ATM itself, I am currently fixing some security issues,if someone steals your microSD card and knows how to run a disassembler, I definitely don't want this to happen!
98b16f8096000eb6e4fb2152f548324f.png
I have ordered some more parts and I'll upload a video shortly,

Thanks for all the support!
We're here for you, bud!

Back