• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The DAO Creation is now Live

DAO creation is nearly over. It nearly went unnoticed among DASH community, I wonder why.
Nobody else bought into this?

I bought a little bit of TheDAO. However, I believe TheDAO is really suited for 'the Ethereum clan'. Because I was not an Ethereum ICO investor and did not invest in $2 Ethereum once released, I think putting loads of my BTC to work in Ethereum and its kin is expensive and inefficient at this point.

There are better investment opportunities out there, not the least of which is DASH itself. We haven't even skewed our branding even slightly to take advantage of the hype over DAOs in general.

Plutus.it is reformulating their ICO to use their own DAO, called the PluDAO, to provide more favorable terms to investors and to align with the success TheDAO has seen thus far.

DASH is probably the first fully baked DAO (Bitshares might contest that, but their 101 delegate DPoS system is too clubby to be considered decentralized IMO).

Just a little hype in our direction that emphasizes our DAO structure could light the fire for DASH.

I bought some token too. I'm eager to see what slock.it is going to realize with so much money. I love the idea behind the Decentral Autonomous Organization, there are many projects that can be realized in the future if slock.it does a good job. If they aren't successful i can imagine that the most people will not invest in DAO projects of other companies in future.

Last edited:
I bought some token too. I'm eager to see what slock.it is going to realize with so much money. I love the idea behind the Decentral Autonomous Organization, there are many projects that can be realized in the future if slock.it do a good job. If they aren't successful i can imagine that the most people will not invest in DAO projects of other companies in future.

Not necessarily, imo...
I bought an old Ford truck way back when, that was just about worthless. It had an underpowered motor, etc...
More recently I bought a brand new Ford truck which served our needs quite well for over 10 years.
For many years I had run Chevy trucks.
Trucks have been practical for our lifestyle.
I don't see any correlation between one DAO and how some other may be written, or governed.
Can you explain why people would stray from a valid concept ?

lol
It's been quite some time ago that I enjoyed pressed duck along with the other items we ordered at an Asian restaurant.
I still remember it being quite good !
The fiat spent entertaining a YL with that meal is long gone, yet your post reminded me I can still gain a smile from that particular point in time.

Years down the road I can tell others 'I participated in the Largest Crowd Funded Project, Ever' !
My grandkids may not ever get a Porsche for graduation from my investment in the dao, but my guess is someone will ! lol

YMMV
rc

Can you explain why people would stray from a valid concept ?
We live in a world controlled buy money, that means that those who have money decide what kind of projects can be realized. A valid concept for those who have an interest that things doesn't change easy and fast. For example we stoke our houses with 60C water in our radiators heated by gas or oil with a temperature round about 1400C. A lot of the energy is simply blown out of the houses and warm up our atmosphere without any use. And that for decades.

Do you believe if somebody has a concept to build a heating system with almost 100% efficiency, that extracts the most heat out of the exhaust gases before it leaves the house, that any bank will support this?

The answer is no otherwise everybody would have this kind of heating installation in their houses today. And this is a example where you don't need to invent something new. You only need to combine things already invented.

In this case a DAO can help a lot if the contracts are so programmed that the primary goal is not to make money primarily, but produce something good for our environment and good for our purse too. That is a double profit wouldn't that be nice?
And this was only one simple example.

If DASH can create a platform to fund such things, then everybody will know about DASH rapidly and will use it. Isn't that our goal?

If there is an interest of the DASH developer team to create something like that let me know, I have some ideas that I will share with you without any personal profit in mind :)

We live in a world controlled buy money

Wow !
That was a great explanation of the powers that be.
Money makes the world go round !
(yes, I'm quite familiar with Tesla, free energy devices, 200mpg carbs, Dr.Brown's gas, GMO's, and all that sort of stuff.)

...somehow, I was under the impression DASH was a De-centralized Autonomous Organization, (not yet Skynet, since we have devs and MN voting), yet perhaps I have mis-read, or mis-interpreted something, somewhere.
I shall review documentation again, until it sinks in !

Gosh alexander ! If you have generated intellectual property that could benefit all of us, I would be the last individual to ask that you give it to us free of charge... If you have a work-product that is unique and beneficial, you should be rewarded for that concept. Especially if it can be implemented for benefit !
DASH apparently Does have a mechanism for funding various things... From what I can tell, if you were to write up a prospectus and present it to the MN voters, along with 5 dash, they would make a determination if they should fund further investigation into the concept ! I think it's a wonderful opportunity !

...I don't mind saying... Today, I was a little bit upset when transferring digits... it did not happen quickly as I knew it could occur... I even had time to investigate what might be going on with the process !!!
I got to a screen that informed me, '18 of 36 confirmations successful.', and it continued !!! Wow! Now I Know, Brand X is ridiculous in comparison with DASH !
With suitable exposure, the public will soon learn why DASH is superior to alternatives.

Best
rc

If you have generated intellectual property that could benefit all of us, I would be the last individual to ask that you give it to us free of charge... If you have a work-product that is unique and beneficial, you should be rewarded for that concept. Especially if it can be implemented for benefit !
With no personal profit i don't mean no profit at all for me. Rather a collective benefit where i will profit too.
I will send @eduffield a message with the idea i had. If he consider that it would match to DASH than it can be discussed between the core team and can then go public later. If there is no interest then i will post it and we can talk about it. :)
My priority is that DASH will succeed, not a competitor.
And no it isn't a Tesla free energy generator or something like that :D

Last edited:
"The DAO Creation is now Live"....

And now.....
Commiserations to any DAO hodlers in DASHland atm.
Surely Ethereum won't really hard fork over this loss though? $250m regained / all credibility lost??!

"The DAO Creation is now Live"....

And now.....

I was just reading MSM news articles about the event, consequences, and discussion of a fix, which included talk of 'rewinding the clock', tampering with the blockchain, and re-couping those ether with an exercise in time travel.
Others consider any recovery to resemble the us bank bailouts...
The V-man has apparently mentioned 'freezing' those ether in the wallet they do know holds them.

It occurs to me that any action, (short of investigation and dispatching a hit man), would firmly place the DAO and it's father, Ethereum, in the same realm as PayPal or a credit card, where deals may be un-done.

ED has my confidence he's a superior coder to the V-man !

Trading volume for ETH and DAO are through the roof ! ...as the red percentage grows...

There seems to be less of a buzz about the dog wagging his tail... when the gorilla in the room dropped a Huge percentage.
It was just a Love Tap, to show the rest of us who's really in control. IMO

My Newbie opinion, that is...
Best
rc

...of course y'all saw DASH bump right at 8.999...
Exciting times we live in !

I just had another look at polo

I sold eth at 023 for another option and sure did feel a bit of regret as I watched it soar to 0279.
Minutes ago it was at 0192, red 32% and the arbitrary child DAO is red 50%.
The trading board numbers are almost a blur !
Exciting times !
rc

Vitalik made the mistake of getting involved, he should have let The DAO burn. He is setting a horrid precedent with the fork idea, and although I doubt that will kill Ethereum, it will certainly cripple it much more harshly than the guy getting his 3 Million Ether jackpot. The hack itself was an opportunity for the Ethereum project to back up its "Code is King" ethos and show the world that smart contracts are rock solid. Vitalik made a philosophical post, splitting hairs about "intent" and "fairness" but in the end its all about money.

I never invested in Ether or TheDAO. TheDAO in particular struck me as built on sand; Ether I was considering up until this forking idea and the only reason I didn't invest was because I didn't see good use cases for it yet. Still, they've lost me completely with how they have handled this crisis.

Pablo.

I'm mostly agree with A.M.Antonopoulos when he says that Bitcoin achieves robust security via intentionally very limited script language while Ethereum achieves great flexibility via very complex one. Both are interesting concepts and both can serve different purposes. But for my own money I personally would choose security over flexibility in general and leave flexibility to some very narrow specific use cases which can't be solved by the secure solution for some reason. Dash solves governance so why theDAO? ;)

As usual I agree with your "newbie opinion" on this issue Rusty

Tnx methuseleh... it's always been my job to make the right decisions.
I am confident in DASH and the credibility of ED's vision.
Yet there's So Much I don't know it's always best to qualify myself as Newbie in hopes others will actively seek 2nd opinions, and even more !

Both ETH and it's arbitrary child DAO encompass a lofty outlook which has not yet met with technology.
I'm sorry to see they had such an event, and for those who believed in them.
There's undoubtedly a mad scramble within the blockchain programming community with everyone reviewing their own code in great detail.

Elsewhere I have admitted to being a pathological liar and functional illiterate.
Best
rc

I never invested in Ether or TheDAO.

Pablo.

Admissions and confessions, no ? :)
I did speculate in one, and made a contribution to the other. It was money well spent. ( I think. )
DASH is a sound investment with active plans for the future that are within the limits of our technology and not simply creatures of the mob.
Now we learn they are not what we were told... and they both remain actively traded in the marketplace !!!
...I've also been told Lotto tickets are Very popular... whith such a small winning percentage it's actually newsworthy !

I AM reading your book !
Good information !!

Best
rc

Back