• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

coinsquare.io - Is a Rip Off

frantique

You will lose 15-20% if you exchange there, also you ain't able to see the exchange rate until you make a deposit

sry to hear you had a problem...

I recently read where others advised a very small transfer to verify... if OK, you can then send the remainder of the intended amount.

Best for me to err on the side of caution !
rc

I did so, but small amounts could have greater loss, that's mostly precaution for ultimate scams).

Pls explain how a small amount could have a greater loss than sending a large amount out into the ether !

Yes, precaution is a good thing, most of the time, imo.

YMMV
rc

i mean exchange fees can cost more. Of course sending 10+btc just to find out if one's not a scam is not the best idea.)))

Whew !
I'm glad to see our concepts of math agree ! :)

Sure, the rate may be higher for a tedious small amount that probably won't pay for the cost of transmissin, and I would expect that.
An exchange needs to make a profit.
Never-the-less, any fee schedule should be clearly posted for viewing to any prospective client, well in advance of any transaction.
If fees are in the fine print, or not easily viewable, I wouldn't consider entering into a contract with them.

Gosh, I certainly hope this error didn't cost you to much that it will be difficult to recover from...

Best
rc

Hi, Coinsquare here. It is possible to see the exchange rate without even being log in on the exchange by clicking on the 'Coins' tab on the front page.

Also, if you have any other concerns, feel free to open a ticket on the exchange any time.

Yeah, right...a ticket...
You've got two options: "market exchange" and "balance exchange". The "market exchange" won't work because it always tell an error "an amount can't be set to zero" at any sum or smthng like that and then we move to ''balance exchange'' where the rate differs, i suppose that's done on purpose.

Back