• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal Discussion: PrivateSend special task force

halso

Hi,

Apologies in advance if i'm missing some recent developments and this is no longer relevant.

I'm relatively new to Dash, but one thing that worries me a little is the performance of PrivateSend / Darksend. This is meant to be a defining feature of Dash.

I have seen comments like "in theory in should work", or "its not our fault, its the miners fault". But this type of thinking won't get us to the outcome we want. i.e. a fast, fully functioning PrivateSend feature.

I have enormous respect for Evan. It was one of his interviews that first attracted me to Dash. But when it comes to PrivateSend, perhaps we should draft in other experts in the field to help Evan. Maybe create a special task force for 3 months.

The only objective of the task force would be to sort out PrivateSend once and for all.

Interested in your views.

I agree. The defining feature of Dash is the anonymous aspect. That is what makes it "Cash" because "Cash" is anonymous unlike other forms of money. So, without anonymous aspect Dash cannot be like Cash. I hope this gets resolved because it has never worked well.

Hi,

Apologies in advance if i'm missing some recent developments and this is no longer relevant.

I'm relatively new to Dash, but one thing that worries me a little is the performance of PrivateSend / Darksend. This is meant to be a defining feature of Dash.

I have seen comments like "in theory in should work", or "its not our fault, its the miners fault". But this type of thinking won't get us to the outcome we want. i.e. a fast, fully functioning PrivateSend feature.

I have enormous respect for Evan. It was one of his interviews that first attracted me to Dash. But when it comes to PrivateSend, perhaps we should draft in other experts in the field to help Evan. Maybe create a special task force for 3 months.

The only objective of the task force would be to sort out PrivateSend once and for all.

Interested in your views.

Completely understand and everyone is obviously sympathetic with your worries.

The new testnet version much much much better now. I did 3 wallets with 2k tDash @ 8 rounds complete 100% in under 14h, and that is just overkill needs for anonymity. Some have done 1k @ @ 2 rounds in an hour or two. So when 12.1 is released you'll most certainly feel a difference.

About the miners, well, not confirmed, but if true, that will surely be patched. Thing is, it's tough to fight off a ghost. Unfortunately there are no other experts in the field as Evan is ground-breaking stuff. We could use more devs of course, we hope with Dash price appreciation we can hire some extra muscle.

Nevertheless, mixing in terms of anonymity is unrivalled, and that is what matters.

We are shifting gears towards our next evolutionary step - Evolution. Evan has mentioned that he has though out a way to provide full fungibility at a protocol level, without the need for mixing. So stay tuned, it doesn't get any faster than that!

Last edited:
Back