• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Coinbase

jpr

So. Coinbase is rebranding to GDAX which stands for Global Digital Asset Exchange. It looks like they approved the fact, bitcoin is not the only currency out there.
They added ETH trading obviously because it's number 2 crypto in this space, backed by big money, volume and big community.
Now they are considering adding the DAO tokens and I don't blame them as the project seems very big and well organized.
They also added Litecoin because.... ? The fact they added a coin like LTC and completely ignored Dash makes me a bit disappointed and I'm wondering why they did it. How come a dead coin with no development gets to Coinbase? Do you guys think the coin mixing feature (which by the way does not work) has got something to do with it? Or is Dash a project not seriously taken by the big players and exchanges. Or maybe this is all about trading volume?

So. Coinbase is rebranding to GDAX which stands for Global Digital Asset Exchange. It looks like they approved the fact, bitcoin is not the only currency out there.
They added ETH trading obviously because it's number 2 crypto in this space, backed by big money, volume and big community.
Now they are considering adding the DAO tokens and I don't blame them as the project seems very big and well organized.
They also added Litecoin because.... ? The fact they added a coin like LTC and completely ignored Dash makes me a bit disappointed and I'm wondering why they did it. How come a dead coin with no development gets to Coinbase? Do you guys think the coin mixing feature (which by the way does not work) has got something to do with it? Or is Dash a project not seriously taken by the big players and exchanges. Or maybe this is all about trading volume?

Volume and liquidity combined. I expect as an exchange you need a certain amount of reserves to operate. That was the official Bitfinex reason for dropping Darkcoin, not having sufficient trading volume

Reactions: jpr
I don't know why anyone here would want to be associated with a company that promotes a scam such as the DAO. Slockit? Seriously?

I don't know why anyone here would want to be associated with a company that promotes a scam such as the DAO. Slockit? Seriously?

Many say Dash is a scam and Evan is the biggest scammer in the crypto. Still nobody proved anything and a single victim was not found.
So until you can prove that, you're just a hater.

What do you mean coin mixing doesnt work?

What do you mean coin mixing doesnt work?

I mean I have tried mixing many times with many amounts and rounds and have never succeeded. It is said to be improved in the Evolution and I will definitely try it again.

I mean I have tried mixing many times with many amounts and rounds and have never succeeded. It is said to be improved in the Evolution and I will definitely try it again.

There is a strong suspicion some big miners are purposely neglecting DS+ tx fee, essentially halting the system. Testnet always work like a charm, and the Liquidity Provider team has been on 24/7. Evan also found a little bug I believe that will make it much more efficient. We're looking into it.

I just did 2 wallets, 2k test-Dash, 8 rounds, with only 20 tMN's and both completed 100% in just a few days, in a place where internet absolutely sucks, drops out connstantly, under Linux in VMware going to sleep more often than not.

Something fishy is up.

This does
There is a strong suspicion some big miners are purposely neglecting DS+ tx fee, essentially halting the system. Testnet always work like a charm, and the Liquidity Provider team has been on 24/7. Evan also found a little bug I believe that will make it much more efficient. We're looking into it.

I just did 2 wallets, 2k test-Dash, 8 rounds, with only 20 tMN's and both completed 100% in just a few days, in a place where internet absolutely sucks, drops out connstantly, under Linux in VMware going to sleep more often than not.

Something fishy is up.
This doesnt sound too re-assuring. The coin mixing is promoted as a central feature to dash. And now there is some doubt whether it even works. Has this been documented elsewhere so i can have a read?

This does

This doesnt sound too re-assuring. The coin mixing is promoted as a central feature to dash. And now there is some doubt whether it even works. Has this been documented elsewhere so i can have a read?

Hey, hold on. It does work, just that many people report having not such a smooth experience as before. It's not our fault miners have compiled their own daemons and not run Dash as it's supposed to. Anyway, this is not fact, it's conjecture. We're looking into it.

Hey, hold on. It does work, just that many people report having not such a smooth experience as before. It's not our fault miners have compiled their own daemons and not run Dash as it's supposed to. Anyway, this is not fact, it's conjecture. We're looking into it.

But the miners shouldnt be allowed to threaten a key feature of the network. Can we make the masternodes solely resposible for mixing?

But the miners shouldnt be allowed to threaten a key feature of the network. Can we make the masternodes solely resposible for mixing?

Masternodes do the mixing, but miners write and secure the blocks. They're the book keepers. Miners will do anything to get ahead of the game, they're always trying (and finding) ways to rig the system in their favour. We've had this in the past, where miners would for example, not upgrade protocol so as not to pay Masternodes and keep the money all to themselves.

We can't predict these things. They're exploits. But as they happen, we find them and patch them, and thus the project becomes bigger and stronger. If this indeed is what is happening the devs will come up with a patch that will not permit this behaviour any longer.

In the future with Evo, miners and masternodes will co-op directly bringing more equilibrium into this power duality, hopefully reconciliating interests.

@jpr
I believe I said DAO IS A SCAM, NOT DASH but thanks for putting words in my mouth. You must be one of the geniuses that sunk all your eth into this bs so that you can have a smart contract for your bicycle lock.

@Elokk
I think slock.it will not only provide a possibility to lock a bicycle :)
This technology has a big possible field of application. But i think that DASH can do the same job with InstantX like the DashSodaMaschine at other projects.
For example a prepaid electricmeter, so there is no energy delivery contract with the customer.
Or a car that you don't buy or lease, instead you pay for using it. There are so much new cars which are not sold and waiting for a buyer. And at the other side there are much more people who want to drive a new environmentally friendly car instead of repairing their old environmental polluting car.
There are so many things which people can buy with 0% financing. Why? Because the people don't have so much money to buy all that stuff. So sharing or renting could be a solution.

@jpr
I believe I said DAO IS A SCAM, NOT DASH but thanks for putting words in my mouth. You must be one of the geniuses that sunk all your eth into this bs so that you can have a smart contract for your bicycle lock.
I don't think anyone thought you were calling Dash a scam. He was giving a similar example of people "hating" on other technology, without being able to prove that it's a scam.

How is DAO/Slock.it a scam? Can you prove it?

I don't think anyone thought you were calling Dash a scam. He was giving a similar example of people "hating" on other technology, without being able to prove that it's a scam.

How is DAO/Slock.it a scam? Can you prove it?

Yes that was exactly what I ment and he knows about it. Still I would like to know why he thinks it's a scam. Even Andreas Antonopoulos is a fan of DAO and you can see him actively testing the software. I don't think nearly 20000 people/addresses who invested their money into it, 5200 people on DAO's slack, Coinbase, Coindesk, New york times, Forbes, Wall Street journal, Economist and many many more including Andreas were wrong.
Slockit is just a small tiny bit of what can be achieved with DAO. They are just one proposal. There will be many more startups asking DAO for money.

Yes that was exactly what I ment and he knows about it. Still I would like to know why he thinks it's a scam. Even Andreas Antonopoulos is a fan of DAO and you can see him actively testing the software. I don't think nearly 20000 people/addresses who invested their money into it, 5200 people on DAO's slack, Coinbase, Coindesk, New york times, Forbes, Wall Street journal, Economist and many many more including Andreas were wrong.
Slockit is just a small tiny bit of what can be achieved with DAO. They are just one proposal. There will be many more startups asking DAO for money.

@jpr, where did you see AA testing? I love hearing him speak about stuff, who doesn't ... ;)

Reactions: jpr
Back