• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(June 20th 2014) New AMD Sgminer !! Huge improvement!

That is common with mining software, though I cannot vouch for it. Will only test later today. Post that on the official thread, I'm sure the dev can get back to you with a straight up answer!

Those kinds of warning freak me out, though my miner is on a dedicated computer, doesnt even have anti-virus... should do no major harm. In any case, yes, be weary.

Post it in the official thread!

No source code, only compiled binarys

On my 7950's i get 3,1mhash/s @ 1125 core with x11mod. So either this is indeed another great performance boost or just a new donate miner with slightly better performance.

But its pretty silent here. Darkcoin fork failed again :(

Only 14.6 beta will add hashrate
i use 14.4 but added the opencl files from the 14.6 beta package to the sgminer map. And hashrate went up aswell :)

from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658411.60 :
I found the opencl files in AMD folder inside \Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF\B171094 (after decompressing the 14.6 driver package without installing it, or with 7zip)
I don't know which are needed, so I copied everything that had "opencl" or "amdocl" in the filename into the sgminer folder (8 files, dlls & exes).
Deleted all previous bins, and now it's even better (+3%) than using the bins from 14.6 (I have 14.4 drivers installed).

Confirmed!

With drivers 13.12, I just dropped the dll files int he sgminer folder and gained 1.2mh/s per card. So now my 280x undervolted do 4.2mh each Woo-hoo!

I`m getting now 4,25 MHs for r9 280x
need to copy some files from 14,6 amd beta drivers to the folder of sgminer - 9 files......
and the system has to b @ 14,4 or 13,12....there is now difference....

Ok, thanks, but do you want to share those settings? Getting a max of 3.9mh on some 280x cards and was curious if you have better settings that would work on my cards as well.

with it, on 280X, i come from 2.31 mh/s to 4,6 mh/s.
1 card is on the old config and she have the same number of shares.
normaly its must be the double on new one no ?

I get 4.1 mh/s with my 280x, it's undervolted to keep it cooler but I think it's a quite good hashrate considering the card model

with it, on 280X, i come from 2.31 mh/s to 4,6 mh/s.
1 card is on the old config and she have the same number of shares.
normaly its must be the double on new one no ?

Would you mind sharing your settings in order to get your card up to 4,6?

Would you mind sharing your settings in order to get your card up to 4,6?
./sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://mine.xpool.ca:8888 -u XX -p x -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 20240 --gpu-engine 1210 --gpu-memclock 1600 --expiry 20 --scan-time 10 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale

Yes mh/s is good, but no diff in the number of share, what is normale ?

Back