• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Spells of Genesis (SoG) Card dedicated to Dash

GreyGhost

Foundation Member
Dash World, via The Vanbex Group's own Nicola Minichiello, made the connection with Spell of Genesis. I am cross posting what Nic wrote on Slack:

"Spells of Genesis (SoG) would like to release a blockchain-based trading card dedicated to Dash.
Everdream Soft, the Swiss based game studio, maker of SoG has already made cards dedicated to numerous Bitcoin and Blockchain related projects such as: Ethereum, Storj, Counterparty, Swarm, OpenBazaar, Augur, ShapeShift, GetGems, Clef, Ripple, LTB, Litecoin, Dogecoin and more. You can see all the cards available so far here: http://bitcrystals.com/store.

You can also test the Spells of Genesis beta at http://spellsofgenesis.com/play (WebGL). It is also available for Android here: http://spellsofgenesis.com/play/last.php and iOS on request by emailing [email protected]. The game is set to be fully released sometime between the next few weeks.
So the card doesn’t cost anything to Dash but the team expects some cross promotion on Dash social channels, possibly on the blog and newsletter."

And they think of @TaoOfSatoshi and his Dalmatian as the character. Unleash your collective creative genius ladies and gentlemen :)

Interesting idea :) I just think that Dalmatian could be not enough "mystical" for this type of card (comparing to the other characters from there)...

Interesting idea :) I just think that Dalmatian could be not enough "mystical" for this type of card (comparing to the other characters from there)...

Well certainly not raw as-is, but with a little work the cute little dalmation can be turned into an epic fantasy summon. Would recommend them having the "D" in the dash logo show somewhere on it though? idk, it looks like a fun little thing

shapeshifting gold poo, silver poo and magic poo.

HALszkQ.jpg

Well certainly not raw as-is, but with a little work the cute little dalmation can be turned into an epic fantasy summon. Would recommend them having the "D" in the dash logo show somewhere on it though? idk, it looks like a fun little thing
You could make him edgier, devious. Amazing what you can do with graphics these days. And I agree about the "D" logo should be featured prominently.

Ok so some want a Dalmatian, some a Masternode so we should put both in the card including a Dash logo to make everyone happy. Just not sure how do picture a masternode.
Any ideas on that would be good. However I can get SoG designer to prepare a couple of sketches then we take it from there.

Ok so some want a Dalmatian, some a Masternode so we should put both in the card including a Dash logo to make everyone happy. Just not sure how do picture a masternode.
Any ideas on that would be good. However I can get SoG designer to prepare a couple of sketches then we take it from there.

i am using this as a MN Symbol for guides and such
nGTDDcT.jpg

@cryptobubble - there is no rush (I guess) - give people some time to come with creative ideas :)

Another think came to my mind - a dog image is strongly connected to the other coin... and it is not really serious project (and serious/strong image in crypto community).

@TaoOfSatoshi - I have A LOT of respect for you and for your work for the project. What I wrote, has nothing to do with you - it is just my personal opinion about the image of Dash.
Dalmatian is an option as the image already exists in the crypto-space. For me the proposition of masternodes (+ letter D) looks really attractive (nevertheless I have no idea how to visualise it :) ).

i am using this as a MN Symbol for guides and such
nGTDDcT.jpg

Thanks for that but was thinking more like an abject of sorts, an old looking machine (to integrate with the game design) maybe with several arms (Dashpay, DashDrive, Quorum Chain... etc)
A bit like Doctor Octopus from marvel?

@cryptobubble - there is no rush (I guess) - give people some time to come with creative ideas :)

Another think came to my mind - a dog image is strongly connected to the other coin... and it is not really serious project (and serious/strong image in crypto community).

@TaoOfSatoshi - I have A LOT of respect for you and for your work for the project. What I wrote, has nothing to do with you - it is just my personal opinion about the image of Dash.
Dalmatian is an option as the image already exists in the crypto-space. For me the proposition of masternodes (+ letter D) looks really attractive (nevertheless I have no idea how to visualise it :) ).
How about the Dalmatian with the spots forming nodes? Then a "connect the dots" sort of thing between them? Could that work?

I was actually picturing a shadowy figure, like the Dalmatian wearing a dark hood, representing privacy. How about that?

Wizards, Mythical characters, etc do well for SoG cards, see the list at http://bitcrystals.com/store. Keep up ideas coming, when we have a few I can share with the SoG team.
Ok. I'm picturing a human looking Dalmatian, with an angular face, wearing a hood just above his eyes. The hood could be Dash colors, possibly with the Dash logo? Or is that too obvious? He's riding a dark horse, and on the horse is a blanket with IX emblazoned on it. To incorporate speed and privacy into the picture would be good, as that is Dash. As far as background goes, I have no idea. Those are just the ideas that came to mind. :p

Back