• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Non-Binding) Wallet Terms Vote

Which wallet terms for V12.1 and beyond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TaoOfSatoshi

What terms would you like to see representing the Darksend and InstantX transactions in-wallet for V12.1 and going forward until they're no longer needed?

The only reason I don't really like "PrivateSend" is because when you use it, you're just premixing coins which is a passive action. PrivacyProtect sounds more like what is actually happening. I don't feel particularly strongly about it either way though.

The only reason I don't really like "PrivateSend" is because when you use it, you're just premixing coins which is a passive action. PrivacyProtect sounds more like what is actually happening. I don't feel particularly strongly about it either way though.
True, but once you're finished mixing, you will have a "PrivateSend" balance, which easy to understand. That's what I'm kinda getting at.

EDIT: It's also easier to say: "Can you please PrivateSend me the Dash?" Rather than "Can you please PrivacyProtect me the Dash?" :wink:

Going forward, I really like this idea by eduffield to deal with the process of mixing vs. sending:

EFLgwGm.png

It's perfect IMHO.

The user has a Dash balance, and a Private Dash balance.

When more anonymous coins are needed, the user simply presses "Create More Private Dash".

Then, when the time comes to send from the "Private Dash Balance", a checkbox for PrivateSend would be available for them to send this way.

True, but once you're finished mixing, you will have a "PrivateSend" balance, which easy to understand. That's what I'm kinda getting at.

EDIT: It's also easier to say: "Can you please PrivateSend me the Dash?" Rather than "Can you please PrivacyProtect me the Dash?" :wink:

This is a really good point. Never underestimate the semantic properties of a brand.

So we're still going to have public dash and private dash? Or is this just a branding choice for an interim solution?

What happened to the plan of all Dash being private by default, in interest of fungibility?

I liked the idea of all dash being mixed by default, then allowing (through evolution) the user to manually associate certain amounts of money to his Dash identity if desired.

I really like the idea of private and public dash balances. The *technology* could be branded: PrivacyProtect or whatever. But the technology is merely used to build the balance of the appropriate category.

I.e., Dash uses "PrivacyProtect" (or whatever) to move funds from the public to private balances, but how I would talk to someone in real life... "Can we exchange only private dash for this transaction please" or ... "I owe you 35 dash, I hope you don't mind that I am paying you out of public dash." Or some such.

The How can be branded, but if you want to make this nice and clean I would not brand the asset pool itself.

Why not simply "Private Payment" and "Instant Payment" OR "Private Transfer" and "Instant Transfer" ?
In my opinion we should get rid of this tech-like names and use terms understandable for average person.

Why not simply "Private Payment" and "Instant Payment" OR "Private Transfer" and "Instant Transfer" ?
In my opinion we should get rid of this tech-like names and use terms understandable for average person.
InstantSend and PrivateSend are great because they can be used in conversation easily as adverbs: "Can you please PrivateSend me the Dash?" Or, "I'm in a hurry, can you please InstantSend me the Dash?"

"Can you please send me private Dash?" or "Can you please send me private transaction in Dash?" sounds OK too me as well (and we don't have to use technology names but normal language) - just my opinion

"Can you please send me private Dash?" or "Can you please send me private transaction in Dash?" sounds OK too me as well (and we don't have to use technology names but normal language) - just my opinion
Cool, we both have our opinions. The thing is, though, the checkboxes at the bottom of the wallet need to be labelled as something for now, as it stands for V12.1. The terms InstantSend and PrivateSend represent their respective functions the best, and a forum vote on the subject proved that the majority agree. When these checkboxes are no longer needed because every transaction is instant and private by default, then eliminating the technical terms makes sense.

Back