• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Unavoidable 50 cent tx fee? Is something wrong with my wallet?

JuanSGalt

Been getting a 0.1 tx 'commission' fee in some occasions when I make darksend transactions.

Have not found a pattern for it yet. Here's some screen pics.

screenshot.1458347543.jpg
screenshot.1458347645.jpg
screenshot.1458347721.jpg
screenshot.1458353557.jpg
screenshot.1458347790.jpg
screenshot.1458347782.jpg

JuanSGalt

0.1 DASH - is the smallest denomination of DarkSend at the moment

So the real expenses in DarkSend mode is "ammount" + 0.1 Dash to cover fees...

The small "lifehack" is - you send not exactly 5, but let say 5.099 DASH (with tips! :) ) - so final amount with fees will be also same 5.1 DASH
(so "DarkSend expenses" are reducing from 0.1 DASH to 0.001 DASH)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah interesting. Could this not be coded into the wallets? Sort of like wallets today automatically add the tx fee to the transaction? Seems typing 4.99 compared to 5 is significant when you look at ease of use, specially when the difference in cost is 10 times bigger.

If I understood correctly.

I'll try to rephrase what alex-ru just said: DS tx means 1) you can spend only mixed denominations 2) you should leave no trail i.e. it must have no change going back to your wallet.
Could we have choice to choose "no change" and "send change to new pub-key never been used on blockchain" ?
I think sending changes to new pub-key may make transactions less privacy but we could mark as darksend-changes to be used later by give warning if mix this darksend-changes with unmixed vin. So, it should result same as no changes in best use case.
Actually, using darksend denominations together with unmixed vin is also weakening your darksend transactions created from same wallet, I guess.

Ah interesting. Could this not be coded into the wallets? Sort of like wallets today automatically add the tx fee to the transaction? Seems typing 4.99 compared to 5 is significant when you look at ease of use, specially when the difference in cost is 10 times bigger.

If I understood correctly.
I'm not sure I understand correctly....
Like if you'd want to send ~5 but you are willing to send 4.99 instead of 5 to lower fees?
So instead of this
Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 15.11.56.png

you want this
Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 15.14.03.png

right?
12.1 :wink:

Could we have choice to choose "no change" and "send change to new pub-key never been used on blockchain" ?
I think sending changes to new pub-key may make transactions less privacy but we could mark as darksend-changes to be used later by give warning if mix this darksend-changes with unmixed vin. So, it should result same as no changes in best use case.
Actually, using darksend denominations together with unmixed vin is also weakening your darksend transactions created from same wallet, I guess.
"no change" - DS tx
"send change to new pub-key never been used on blockchain" - normal tx does it and it doesn't help, also https://dashtalk.org/threads/dead-change-an-anonymity-issue.3019/

I'm not sure I understand correctly....
Like if you'd want to send ~5 but you are willing to send 4.99 instead of 5 to lower fees?
So instead of this
View attachment 2283
you want this
View attachment 2285
right?
12.1 :wink:

"no change" - DS tx
"send change to new pub-key never been used on blockchain" - normal tx does it and it doesn't help, also https://dashtalk.org/threads/dead-change-an-anonymity-issue.3019/
Yes, that's what I want, and automated ideally, instead of my having to do the math for an exact number to send.

The wording is confusing. Says that it will add the 0.1 as a transaction fee, but what it seems to do is add it to the transaction its self, right?

To be huber clear.

The wallet ads funds to the original transaction until it is denominations of 0.1 and so you end up sending a bit more then you initially typed?

Or it adds that 0.1 as a tx fee?

Back