• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Donating 1 iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash miner to Dash Foundation next Week

iBeLink

Hello Dash Foundation, As you may already know, we have announced the iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash miner. We would like to donate one iBeLink™ DM384M miner to the Foundation sometimes next week as promised in our announcement, but in return we would like Foundation to have someone doing a full review of this miner and sharing the results. We would like to do this handover in San Francisco Bay Area. Please contact me through PM for detailed arrangement.

Thanks.
iBeLink

落叶83 - I think it is the clear intention here. They announced it, they're willing to give a unit to the Foundation, and are actively pushing for a quick review on it. It honestly does not get more serious than this.

You are obviously correct, and buyers should buy at own risk, but they apparently only had 50 units, and the store is now "Out Of Stock".
Investors really should make their own due dilligence.

iBeLink - how do you respond to the accusations that these are fake miners built with old Avalon parts?

落叶83 - I think it is the clear intention here. They announced it, they're willing to give a unit to the Foundation, and are actively pushing for a quick review on it. It honestly does not get more serious than this.

You are obviously correct, and buyers should buy at own risk, but they apparently only had 50 units, and the store is now "Out Of Stock".
Investors really should make their own due dilligence.

iBeLink - how do you respond to the accusations that these are fake miners built with old Avalon parts?

I responded Black's thread already.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/is-a-fake-asic-miner-maybe-be-careful.8084/#post-84978

I am willing to do a very detailed review for this and I'm willing to purchase as well. :D That way I can also evaluate the purchasing and delivery process as well before other people make the jump.

Would be happy to do so. Check your PM.

This is part of one of the reviews I made for a different Bitcoin miner but since this is the first x11 miner would be even more detailed :D

Unboxing Report - iBeLink DASH Miner

The Tiannengbo Group has donated the first in the world ASIC miner for X11 to the DASH foundation. It is now sitting in my garage hashing away. Here are more specifics:

The miner itself comes extremely well packed in cut to size foam in a sturdy box
2q0smlf.jpg

My reaction is that this should be able to be shipped anywhere safely. I took it out of the box, plugged in the power cord and an ethernet cable and turned it on. This thing is loud, I mean the kind of loud you don't want in your living room. The fans that provide the cooling are high speed and high volume. The units that will ship next week will come with an extra electrical connection if you want to reduce the power supplied to the fans from 12v (stock setting) to 5v. This will reduce the fan speed which will reduce the noise, but will reduce the air flow. Please contact iBeLink before you attempt this as I'm not sure how this will impact the cooling of the unit which will impact the performance.

Inside the miner is a Raspberry Pi which controls the unit. It comes equipped with a web server. To access the configuration files you enter http://ibelink/ from a browser that is on the same internal network as the miner. The web-based configuration looks like this:
1ac1c63f_o.png

Clicking on the config button near the top will reveal the section with the black background. You can enter your pool credentials and click "add pool". I tried the Los Angeles P2Pool node, but it didn't like me. The Seattle node however liked me a lot. For a full list of P2P nodes near you please visit:

http://www.p2poolmining.us/p2poolnodes/

At the bottom is an "update" function. When a new version of the software is announced, you can use this function to automatically update the Pi with the latest build. This is a very nice feature. Another nice feature is that it is self re-booting. If the unit detects a problem upstream with the network, it will reboot itself until the successful hashing is resumed.

To see the actual hashing at the node, you can visit here:

http://104.207.156.161:7903/static/

Under the list of active miners, this unit is the large one. If you click on the chart next to the address, you can see the historical performance. If you click on the arrow, you can see the payment history.

Now for some disclaimers.

I have a truly bad Internet connection. I am using a connection to a mobile phone tower in my town. The performance is fairly bad, and the reliability is fairly bad. I am working to correct this problem, but it is what it is. The quality of the Internet connection GREATLY influences the number of successful hashes received by the node of the pool.

Next we have the following disclaimer from the legal end of things:

"This iBeLink review unit was donated by the Tiannengbo Group to the DASH Foundation before they are commercially available to the general public. The acceptance of this donation and the review made by Oaxaca do not constitute any kind of endorsement or guarantee about the equipment and/or the manufacturer. The Tiannengbo Group is an independent company with no affiliation to the DASH Foundation or Oaxaca. Anyone willing to enter into commercial relations with The Tiannengbo Group will do so at their own risk and should perform their own research. This review is done as a service to the community, as accurately as possible, and using the best tools and processes available. Neither the DASH Foundation, nor Oaxaca, shall be held responsible for any inaccuracy or error that may have happened"

Thank you for reading that.

At the end of each month I will post 2 transactions from XwCZJow9rXYmWjmUGYn87zgRhuJLJHV2kW into 2 other addresses. One of these will be for the cost of the electricity to run this miner at 715 watts. The other will be a donation to the DASH Foundation for whatever purpose they see fit. You can follow the blockchain explorer to examine the profitability of the miner.

Well, that's all for now.

Unboxing Report - iBeLink DASH Miner

The Tiannengbo Group has donated the first in the world ASIC miner for X11 to the DASH foundation. It is now sitting in my garage hashing away. Here are more specifics:

The miner itself comes extremely well packed in cut to size foam in a sturdy box
2q0smlf.jpg

My reaction is that this should be able to be shipped anywhere safely. I took it out of the box, plugged in the power cord and an ethernet cable and turned it on. This thing is loud, I mean the kind of loud you don't want in your living room. The fans that provide the cooling are high speed and high volume. The units that will ship next week will come with an extra electrical connection if you want to reduce the power supplied to the fans from 12v (stock setting) to 5v. This will reduce the fan speed which will reduce the noise, but will reduce the air flow. Please contact iBeLink before you attempt this as I'm not sure how this will impact the cooling of the unit which will impact the performance.

Inside the miner is a Raspberry Pi which controls the unit. It comes equipped with a web server. To access the configuration files you enter http://ibelink/ from a browser that is on the same internal network as the miner. The web-based configuration looks like this:
1ac1c63f_o.png

Clicking on the config button near the top will reveal the section with the black background. You can enter your pool credentials and click "add pool". I tried the Los Angeles P2Pool node, but it didn't like me. The Seattle node however liked me a lot. For a full list of P2P nodes near you please visit:

http://www.p2poolmining.us/p2poolnodes/

At the bottom is an "update" function. When a new version of the software is announced, you can use this function to automatically update the Pi with the latest build. This is a very nice feature. Another nice feature is that it is self re-booting. If the unit detects a problem upstream with the network, it will reboot itself until the successful hashing is resumed.

To see the actual hashing at the node, you can visit here:

http://104.207.156.161:7903/static/

Under the list of active miners, this unit is the large one. If you click on the chart next to the address, you can see the historical performance. If you click on the arrow, you can see the payment history.

Now for some disclaimers.

I have a truly bad Internet connection. I am using a connection to a mobile phone tower in my town. The performance is fairly bad, and the reliability is fairly bad. I am working to correct this problem, but it is what it is. The quality of the Internet connection GREATLY influences the number of successful hashes received by the node of the pool.

Next we have the following disclaimer from the legal end of things:

"This iBeLink review unit was donated by the Tiannengbo Group to the DASH Foundation before they are commercially available to the general public. The acceptance of this donation and the review made by Oaxaca do not constitute any kind of endorsement or guarantee about the equipment and/or the manufacturer. The Tiannengbo Group is an independent company with no affiliation to the DASH Foundation or Oaxaca. Anyone willing to enter into commercial relations with The Tiannengbo Group will do so at their own risk and should perform their own research. This review is done as a service to the community, as accurately as possible, and using the best tools and processes available. Neither the DASH Foundation, nor Oaxaca, shall be held responsible for any inaccuracy or error that may have happened"

Thank you for reading that.

At the end of each month I will post 2 transactions from XwCZJow9rXYmWjmUGYn87zgRhuJLJHV2kW into 2 other addresses. One of these will be for the cost of the electricity to run this miner at 715 watts. The other will be a donation to the DASH Foundation for whatever purpose they see fit. You can follow the blockchain explorer to examine the profitability of the miner.

Well, that's all for now.
+100 for using p2pool (or at least not one of the largest pools) :smile: I hope that at least some of asic miners will do the same :rolleyes:

What power is the miner pulling at the wall?

Edit: And REAL photos and/or video of it hashing, please!

Last edited by a moderator:
The man has a point. Why would you upload a photo of the empty box it came in..... as opposed to the actual miner???

Lol. The actual miner has 3 videos in this thread.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/ibelink-dm384m-asic-dash-miner.8070/

The image oaxaca posted of the box was a reference to the padding you see and the safety in shipping this product.

There are very long disclaimers, and a link to the miners hashing power itself. I see no reason for oaxaca to fib about this as he is not associated with these guys.

I guess we will see how many dash are donated at end of month. Nice job oaxaca excited to see results.

Sorry, I should have added that I am aware that oaxaca is a 100% legit member of the dash community! I just thought it was odd, thats all. Whilst I'm at it, props to you oaxaca for grabbing this with both fists and sharing with us!! Thank you.

Wow, you guys didn't fall for the empty box trick? OK, here's a fresh video direct from my state of the art data center. Any resemblance between this garage and Camo's garage is purely coincidental. Enjoy.

and always remember...

58419777.jpg

Nice turnaround time on the video, thank you! It's just nice to see that it's the same miner.

The only reason I haven't bought one yet is the advertised 4x efficiency on the miner from pinidea, which unfortunately hasn't been vetted like this one. Anyone think that's the reason this hasn't sold out yet? Or just general wariness about a new product in a complicated market?

Super oaxaca, thnx for this, good you have a garage as your wife would probably kick you out from house if you insist to keep it next to your bed ;)

Back