• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Fixed] Masternodes all dropped of the payment list at the same time

daf

Hello all,
Just noticed in Dashwhale's "Masternode incidents" that all my MNs dropped of the payment list at the same time on 4 occurrences ("From 05-02-2016 20:44 to 05-02-2016 20:48", and there were 3 other synchronized interruptions the same day). How can it be possible? My MNs are on 3 different VPN hosts, and each is on an unique server with an unique IP.
Thanks for any explanation.

Are they all hot / cold setups? You may just need to take masternode=1 from the cold side make it 0 unless you need to do the initial masternode start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: daf
I've just applied all Ubuntu upgrades, restarted all my VPS. Then I double-checked each MN was started, using commands :
  • ./dash-cli getinfo
  • grep HotCold .dash/debug.log
  • ./dash-cli masternode list full | grep IPADDRESS
Also checked my cold local wallet was correctly working, with a “masternode start-many” command.

Everything looks fine, but hey, it also looked fine before, using the same commands, and not a single payment has arrived for 10 to 15 days… Crossing my fingers now!

I think it must have something to do with the most recent dashd (12.0.56) that I installed, well, about 15 days ago. However I fully followed Tao's famous upgrade guide.

I've just applied all Ubuntu upgrades, restarted all my VPS. Then I double-checked each MN was started, using commands :
  • ./dash-cli getinfo
  • grep HotCold .dash/debug.log
  • ./dash-cli masternode list full | grep IPADDRES
Everything looks fine, but hey, it also looked fine before, using the same commands, and not a single payment has arrived for 10 to 15 days… Crossing my fingers now!

So ./dash-cli getinfo shows current up to date block number?

From the VPS on your node if you run ./dash-cli masternode list | Grep your vin does your MN see itself being listed and does your node show up on dashwhale or dashninja for a period of time?

Also did you try the typical things like delete peers.dat or ./dashd --reindex if block number is not changing when you check with getinfo

So ./dash-cli getinfo shows current up to date block number?

From the VPS on your node if you run ./dash-cli masternode list | Grep your vin does your MN see itself being listed and does your node show up on dashwhale or dashninja for a period of time?

Also did you try the typical things like delete peers.dat or ./dashd --reindex if block number is not changing when you check with getinfo

Yes, I tried all that, even before rebooting the VPS's today. The grep commands always showed my MNs as enabled (so did Dashwhale) for a couple of weeks, but no payment rolled in. Very strange. I hope the reboots will fix the problem. I don't know if it's related to Dash 12.0.56.

OK, there is really a problem and I'm completely at a loss as what to do to fix it.

None of my masternodes has been paid since a lot of days (20 to 25). Dashninja and Dashwhale did not show any problem, Dashwhale in particular did not warn about incidents (except when expected, i.e. VPS instances reboots). I upgraded all VPSs (running Ubuntu on different VPS hosts), I rebooted them, I double-checked each time that dashd was running, etc., to no avail at all. I even deleted the blocks on some VPSs, as I suspected a block problem. The problems could be related in some way to Dash 12.0.56, since they began when I upgraded 12.0.55 to 12.0.56 on all my MNs.

Is there a kind soul out there that could show me the right way?

Any help truly appreciated…

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, there is really a problem and I'm completely at a loss as what to do to fix it.

None of my masternodes has been paid since a lot of days (20 to 25). Dashninja and Dashwhale did not show any problem, Dashwhale in particular did not warn about incidents (except when expected, i.e. VPS instances reboots). I upgraded all VPSs (running Ubuntu on different VPS hosts), I rebooted them, I double-checked each time that dashd was running, etc., to no avail at all. I even deleted the blocks on some VPSs, as I suspected a block problem. The problems could be related in some way to Dash 12.0.56, since they began when I upgraded 12.0.55 to 12.0.56 on all my MNs.

Is there a kind soul out there that could show me the right way?

Any help truly appreciated…

On the local client with the coins after you initially activated the MN inside DASH.CONF change masternodes=0 launching the wallet with it set to 1 will reset your start uptime. Does this help?

Also checked my cold local wallet was correctly working, with a “masternode start-many” command.
This command "masternode start-many" will always put your masternode to the back of the payment queue. This is the reason why your payment is not coming.
The hot node will continue working fine if your node down less than hour. NO masternode start command on Cold wallet unless you don't see your masternode enable on list after successfully synced.

I guess thelazier spotted it right - start-many drops your nodes to the end of the payment list so that might be the reason.

You can use few commands to check status of your masternode(s):
1) masternode list <filter>
to get status of masternodes which match <filter> where <filter> is either a MN IP or some part of txid or address your MN is linked to
for example, "masternode list XmyAddress" if you sent 1000 DASH to XmyAddressblablablablblalablablabla when you configured your masternode
2) masternode list-conf
to get status of all masternodes in your masternode.conf

On the local client with the coins after you initially activated the MN inside DASH.CONF change masternodes=0 launching the wallet with it set to 1 will reset your start uptime. Does this help?

Thanks for your help. Actually, the local client is using the masternode.conf file (listing all MNs) instead of dash.conf. As I understood it, dash.conf is ignored in that setup (but I might be wrong).

This command "masternode start-many" will always put your masternode to the back of the payment queue. This is the reason why your payment is not coming.
The hot node will continue working fine if your node down less than hour. NO masternode start command on Cold wallet unless you don't see your masternode enable on list after successfully synced.
I guess thelazier spotted it right - start-many drops your nodes to the end of the payment list so that might be the reason.
You can use few commands to check status of your masternode(s):
1) masternode list <filter>
to get status of masternodes which match <filter> where <filter> is either a MN IP or some part of txid or address your MN is linked to
for example, "masternode list XmyAddress" if you sent 1000 DASH to XmyAddressblablablablblalablablabla when you configured your masternode
2) masternode list-conf
to get status of all masternodes in your masternode.conf
I am guessing the same: usage of start-many without knowing the impact on already listed nodes.

Thanks a lot guys. The problem was probably my ignorance indeed (fiddling with "start-many" a bit too often). I'll wait a few days more, typing strictly nothing in the console, and I'll get back to you if no payment happens...

By the way, is there any console command to get the MN rank in the payment queue, Dashwhale-style?

Back