• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Discussion: Amanda Johnson Full Time Dash Ambassador

I am curious what the legal implications of long term contracts are. If DASH violates a contract or if the contractor violates a contract, how is that enforceable?

By "Smart contract": if Dash network has being cheated - it automatically sends a predetermined amount of DASH to the mafia - to resolve the issue informally. :cool: (joke)

I think it's a matter of tainted reputation, rather than a formal trial.

What about making long proposals (in new version of budget system) with two parts: salary and premium (bounty)? Each month salary is paid no matter what, and premium is paid only if it is voted on. Proportion of that two part can go from 80/20 to 20/80 over whole period.

Reactions: daf
What about making long proposals (in new version of budget system) with two parts: salary and premium (bounty)? Each month salary is paid no matter what, and premium is paid only if it is voted on. Proportion of that two part can go from 80/20 to 20/80 over whole period.
I think this is not going to work, because then there is more voting and too few voters, even now.
Last two weeks have been such rush, vote this, vote that, no wait, vote this...
If there is something to vote every day or two, people get tired to vote at all.

Yeah I think if the terms of the contract are very clearly laid out, then it almost entirely relies on each party's interest to not sour their reputation. If DASH goes back on a contract for no good reason, that would damage the network's reputation and lower the value of DASH. If a contractor violates a contract then they just did a number on their own reputation for the whole world to see. There may not even be a need to guarantee the funds. Contractors should be fully aware of the possibility of the network not following through, but also aware that the network is incentivized to honor an agreement. Hopefully the improvements to the budgeting will help with the establishment of those agreements.

Actually, thinking about this, if she kept the Daily Decrypt up, and let us sponsor her, and if she did some speaking engagements for us, I don't think it has to be such a conflict of interest for her Daily Decrypt show. And, I think it would show our confidence that we can talk about any other project out there, and compare/contrast against them, knowing we're better, or if something great comes along, we can also add it to our Dash project if it fits us.

Lets not become "Dash Maximalists" We don't need to, we're unique and great, and any competition is simply a challenge to our team. A challenge to be evaluated and included in our project if warranted.

Anyway, I hope we can work this out, I'm such a big fan of Amanda's!
I agree with you Tante. The Daily Decrypt is more than the actual BTC/Alt coin choice but the developments made by teams in different camps, latest and greatest business ideas and tools. Let Amanda have her normal gig. Watch her following grow, Get Amanda on board with Dash and be our PR/rep. I find her knowledge and skill to source information and delivery manner extremely refreshing.

I am curious what the legal implications of long term contracts are. If DASH violates a contract or if the contractor violates a contract, how is that enforceable? You can't sue the entire network, and the network can't sue a contractor. You could do it through a middleman like Evan was with Transform-PR, but then the middleman assumes a lot of risk.

We need smart contract! :D

BUt before that, we can just use current legal framework for this type of insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 12.1, I agree this is a great idea. I watch her DD videos religiously. I share them as well. I think she's perfect for this job. I also don't mind the idea of sponsoring DD and letting her continue the DD while simultaneously doing PR for Dash on the side. Either way, I think her being involved is a win-win.

amanda has much more value to herself and us to keep running as independent as she is

core team ? why ? I do not understand that idea ! she would have to quit the show and all her freedom , no point for her or for us

let's sponsore her for certain events ,
let her be independent , we get some PR out of this and let's do this step by step

amanda is great for the libertarian angle ... nothing is better than people doing it out if passion as she is already , why screw this up and complicate it with $$ ?

amanda has much more value to herself and us to keep running as independent as she is

core team ? why ? I do not understand that idea ! she would have to quit the show and all her freedom , no point for her or for us

let's sponsore her for certain events ,
let her be independent , we get some PR out of this and let's do this step by step

amanda is great for the libertarian angle ... nothing is better than people doing it out if passion as she is already , why screw this up and complicate it with $$ ?
We must keep in mind though that she wants to do this. We are all here because we know Dash is great, and now when this "independent" thinker, as you put it, says to hell with it, I'm going to put all of my effort into Dash because I think that they are doing it right over all other cryptocurrencies, this is something that should be encouraged! We are doing it right, Amanda sees that and wants to be a part of it. She holds her Dash and has strong motivation. I will agree to take it slow, however, but this is a great idea, IMO.

I actually think focusing entirely on Dash would be detrimental to both her show and Dash. First of all, I don't know if there is sufficient Dash news to keep it flowing every single day and I'm sure if there was substantial news on Dash, it would be featured anyway.

Secondly, I follow the Daily Decrypt to get an overview of what's happening in cryptoland, not just Dash, I suspect if she shifts to an entirely Dash focus, she'll lose a lot of audience and destroy the goodwill created from the Daily Decrypt which is not great for her or us.

Amanda's primary contribution in marketing Dash is reaching crypto people who have never heard of Dash before or don't know much about it. Switching to a Dash only channel removes this. Similarly although I'm interested in other cryptocurrencies, I wouldn't subscribe to a channel that's just focused on the currency unless I was already interested into it.

I enjoy TheDailyDecrypt and appreciate the work she does a lot but I think this move is a bad one. I don't mind if we sponsor her for a more detailed coverage on certain aspects of Dash but not to convert the entire show.

I am curious what the legal implications of long term contracts are. If DASH violates a contract or if the contractor violates a contract, how is that enforceable? You can't sue the entire network, and the network can't sue a contractor. You could do it through a middleman like Evan was with Transform-PR, but then the middleman assumes a lot of risk.

Well Dash itself does not have a separate legal entity unless you use the Dash Foundation but I don't think this is the right entity for this since masternode voters are not always Dash Foundation members. The Dash Foundation is more about promoting Dash interests rather than controlling the budget.

Strictly speaking, the contract should be between Dash masternode owners and the Vendor but we have to realize that Evan does not have the authority to bind the rest of the Dash voters unless given authority from the masternode owners nor is it ideal for him to be able to do so. The Dash dev team in their individual capacities can be bound but a clause should be inserted in their contracts that it is always subject to the voting mechanism and fernando should be on top of it. This allows a vendor to enter into contract with somebody and have some legal certainty on the terms but yet also have something in place if the vote turns the other way since that is out of the Dash dev's control.

I think we all agree that Amanda would be a great asset, paricularly in some PR role. It's the 'how' we best utilise her skills and 'how' she is compensated. I concur that she shouldn't refocus The DD. It's a great show that gives her a lot of credibility. I would encourage full remuneration in DASH with no PEG to any currency (especially fiat). Some of it paid as a retainer and some of it performance based perhaps?

What's really important to me is that we don't let her get away. She's exactly what Dash needs. Lets just make it work.

Agree with BloehVPN. Amanda's show is great and I love to watch it just to have an overview of the entire cryptoland. I believe that other people who watch her show, watch it for similar reasons. If she focused only on Dash, she would lose all those viewers after all the audience interested in listening about Dash is much much smaller. With that being said, I think we could hire her to represent Dash during crypto/libertarian conferences. Evan is only one and he can do only so much, but having such pretty and outspoken representative could bring more interest from mostly male crypto community and add a lot value to the project.

I like the idea of it, but we need to iron out all the details to make it work. What will she do for us? A couple of videos per month? If we wanted her to go to some conference, would still need to cover her expenses? Probably, don't you think? And who would be covering the event? :what:

If we went with the original idea of just having a spokesperson for Dash at conferences for when the core members couldn't attend, maybe paying a speaking fee as needed to JuanSGalt would be the way to go. On the other hand, I would like to see the draft of what Amanda has in mind, maybe there are some goodies I'm not considering.

Exited to see that Amanda is as bullish and supportive of DASH as I am. Getting DASH well rooted in both New Hampshire and Acapulco could pay off very well in the future, specially as a retail currency, which DASH is much better then btc at.

I don't want to derail this too much since it is about Amanda and the Daily Decrypt. But as far as forms of being an Ambassador, I would consider being a speaker at events, and having DASH be a permanent sponsor for my show at Disruptek.media. But not as the only thing I talk about, rather as one of if not the main sponsor of other content.

This allows me to reach other audiences that are not bitcoin related and introduce them to DASH, instead of staying in the niche of crypto currency people.

Exited to see that Amanda is as bullish and supportive of DASH as I am. Getting DASH well rooted in both New Hampshire and Acapulco could pay off very well in the future, specially as a retail currency, which DASH is much better then btc at.

I don't want to derail this too much since it is about Amanda and the Daily Decrypt. But as far as forms of being an Ambassador, I would consider being a speaker at events, and having DASH be a permanent sponsor for my show at Disruptek.media. But not as the only thing I talk about, rather as one of if not the main sponsor of other content.

This allows me to reach other audiences that are not bitcoin related and introduce them to DASH, instead of staying in the niche of crypto currency people.

We need to decentralize EVERYTHING about Dash. We don't need 1 ambassdor, we need 5+ to START OFF WITH.

Stop running to centralization people!

DECENTRALIZE EVERYTHING.

I say we don't "hire" anyone yet but set out standards for what we are looking for and if people fit that quality spec and are passionate enough to NOT WORK FOR the current USD value of Dash, but instead the "value" they can get. We are undervaluing Dash, the Budget system AND our amazing Lead Dev.

He built something WAYYYY bigger than currency here people. He built a DAO. Meaning we never need just 1 person doing anything, ever again. There is no "core" team. There is a decentralized dev team and thats about it. That whole "core" team wording is confusing everyone imo! We need to constantly remind ourselves and the people around us, that bitcoin failed because its becoming more and more centralized, we CANNOT let this happen to Dash. We don't need ANY 3rd party companies, ever. We are every company, in one company, aka a Decentralized Autonomous Corporation/Organization. Aka Skynet. Did Skynet go hire a PR company? Don't think so.

But yes I agree, Juan would be IDEAL as far as 1 of our 5 starter Dash Ambassadors go.

I think I joined recently? Also rather busy. Forums and email works so far. Thanks! Ill dive in there at some point soon enough.

I think I joined recently? Also rather busy. Forums and email works so far. Thanks! Ill dive in there at some point soon enough.

Sounds good man! I'll keep an eye out. Make sure to join the " Dash Roundtable Channel" :]

Slack = Decentralized communication channel perfectly suited for a DAO imo.

Just so everyone knows :D It's free too!

Back