• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

20 thousand Free State Project libertarians... we need a budget proposal for this

I'm just had to make progress on this and I sent the email exactly like you had it InTheWoods . If this goes forward they can talk to someone there about the finer details, for now we just need a short answer.

I'll report back the moment I hear from them.

Hi, everyone. Yes, I have been reached out to by both Tungfa and Dash Dalmatian about this -- and yes, I do live in Manchester, New Hampshire (the location of Liberty Forum, and the hotbed of Free Staters). I will post here what I sent to Dash Dalmatian via Twitter message:

"Nice to hear from you, thank you for sending this information. I am, of course, *always* interested in earning more Dash, and bringing cryptocurrency to anyone who wants and needs it.

What I must consider about your proposal, however, is that it wouldn't be an episode sponsorship from Dash. Because the only product The Daily Decrypt offers is sponsorship of our episodes -- which allows us to be transparent about our funding sources -- I fear that getting paid to promote Dash in a way that's not episode sponsorship would appear as a conflict of interest to our followers.
I agree with you that Dash is more suited to business than Bitcoin -- the need for instant confirmations was confirmed to me only yesterday when I bought a drink with Bitcoin here in New Hampshire, and the bartender was confused why the payment didn't 'confirm' immediately.

If the Dash community is ever interested in hiring me full-time, however -- meaning I would change my efforts from The Daily Decrypt to Dash promotion only -- I would consider it.

To give you an idea of my affordability, I'd be willing to full-time for Dash as an ambassador (with videos, in-person appearances, blog posts, etc.) for 298 Dash per month. A 12-month payout agreement with the arrangement and pay rate up for another vote upon expiry, obviously. Thanks."

If something like this -- like The Daily Dash, for example -- is of interest, perhaps the funds (298 Dash/month) could be re-allocated from the current 2165 Dash/month which are already created as a part of Evan's "Public Awareness" proposal? Just a thought.

Cheers.

Hi, everyone. Yes, I have been reached out to by both Tungfa and Dash Dalmatian about this -- and yes, I do live in Manchester, New Hampshire (the location of Liberty Forum, and the hotbed of Free Staters). I will post here what I sent to Dash Dalmatian via Twitter message:

"Nice to hear from you, thank you for sending this information. I am, of course, *always* interested in earning more Dash, and bringing cryptocurrency to anyone who wants and needs it.

What I must consider about your proposal, however, is that it wouldn't be an episode sponsorship from Dash. Because the only product The Daily Decrypt offers is sponsorship of our episodes -- which allows us to be transparent about our funding sources -- I fear that getting paid to promote Dash in a way that's not episode sponsorship would appear as a conflict of interest to our followers.
I agree with you that Dash is more suited to business than Bitcoin -- the need for instant confirmations was confirmed to me only yesterday when I bought a drink with Bitcoin here in New Hampshire, and the bartender was confused why the payment didn't 'confirm' immediately.

If the Dash community is ever interested in hiring me full-time, however -- meaning I would change my efforts from The Daily Decrypt to Dash promotion only -- I would consider it.

To give you an idea of my affordability, I'd be willing to full-time for Dash as an ambassador (with videos, in-person appearances, blog posts, etc.) for 298 Dash per month. A 12-month payout agreement with the arrangement and pay rate up for another vote upon expiry, obviously. Thanks."

If something like this -- like The Daily Dash, for example -- is of interest, perhaps the funds (298 Dash/month) could be re-allocated from the current 2165 Dash/month which are already created as a part of Evan's "Public Awareness" proposal? Just a thought.

Cheers.
Thank you very much for your interest. We will definitely consider this proposal. As I've stated before, I'm one of your biggest fans.

I'm a fan for the following reasons:

1. You are a great communicator, and have a certain charisma.

2. You are hard-working.

3. You are down to earth, approachable, while being intelligent at the same time.

4. At the risk of sounding sexist, you are female, and this is a demographic that crypto as a whole has to reach out to.

We need a full-time ambassador, and at this point I believe that you would be perfect for the job.

When this proposal is made, you can count on my votes. Thanks for offering to do this. With the community's help, I'm sure you would excel at this job.

:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: daf

Amanda, thanks!

It is an interesting proposal "in general", but details are very important and can change everything... for example "12-month payout agreement"... I am "not sure" if this will help you to keep long-term motivation and so on...

Amanda, thanks!

It is an interesting proposal "in general", but details are very important and can change everything... for example "12-month payout agreement"... I am "not sure" if this will help you to keep long-term motivation and so on...
From what I've seen, Amanda doesn't lack a work ethic. This would be a sound investment. If it doesn't work out for some reason, we can part ways in a year. We will be working out details for any proposal for sure, as we've all seen that's important recently...

Thanks Amanda, that would be my dream come true IMO. You'd be a great asset.

I want to make one note to everyone, notice she is taking a risk on Dash. For 298 Dash per month, to devote herself, and give up her unbiased program, she obviously expects Dash to be worth a lot more a year from now. We cant just balk in 6 months, if 1 Dash = 1000 USD if we make such a contract with her. Contracts can't be revoked because someone made good on it.

On the other hand, I'm sure we can negotiate shorter terms, but they will cost us a lot more Dash up front, thus, we would be taking on more risk, but she should get a more fair payment in that case. Either way is fine with me, as I think the amount she quoted is more than fair, and would in fact be rooting for her to make it big.

Another thing I'd like to clarify is traveling expenses. You know, we would need to clarify that as well. I expect we'll have to pay for her to go places on behalf of Dash. But maybe we want to put in a clause that if she is getting the equivilant of $198,000 a month, that she would need to pick up the tab? Just saying, get it all out in the clear, I don't want to see the plug pulled out on this one. We need clear contracts and a reason to shut a contract down if we have to. And we should specify how many conferences, speeches, etc... she needs to do for us over that period of time as a minimum. I'd expect that the more she does, the better for Dash and the more Dash grows, the more she is paid, so this might not be a problem.

We also have to make it clear, what we expect from her. Can she also tout other projects that are not in conflict with ours, or are we asking for exclusivity. I would really like to see this be the first long term contract that is clear and well written out. Let's not just throw this up against the wall to see if it sticks but do it like a real business would.

Hope everyone can agree with me on the need for this. It makes things clear so there are no arguments that get ugly down the road. Thanks for reading, My family is waiting in the car, LOL. See ya all after the game :p

Thanks Amanda, that would be my dream come true IMO. You'd be a great asset.

I want to make one note to everyone, notice she is taking a risk on Dash. For 298 Dash per month, to devote herself, and give up her unbiased program, she obviously expects Dash to be worth a lot more a year from now. We cant just balk in 6 months, if 1 Dash = 1000 USD if we make such a contract with her. Contracts can't be revoked because someone made good on it.

On the other hand, I'm sure we can negotiate shorter terms, but they will cost us a lot more Dash up front, thus, we would be taking on more risk, but she should get a more fair payment in that case. Either way is fine with me, as I think the amount she quoted is more than fair, and would in fact be rooting for her to make it big.

Another thing I'd like to clarify is traveling expenses. You know, we would need to clarify that as well. I expect we'll have to pay for her to go places on behalf of Dash. But maybe we want to put in a clause that if she is getting the equivilant of $198,000 a month, that she would need to pick up the tab? Just saying, get it all out in the clear, I don't want to see the plug pulled out on this one. We need clear contracts and a reason to shut a contract down if we have to. And we should specify how many conferences, speeches, etc... she needs to do for us over that period of time as a minimum. I'd expect that the more she does, the better for Dash and the more Dash grows, the more she is paid, so this might not be a problem.

We also have to make it clear, what we expect from her. Can she also tout other projects that are not in conflict with ours, or are we asking for exclusivity. I would really like to see this be the first long term contract that is clear and well written out. Let's not just throw this up against the wall to see if it sticks but do it like a real business would.

Hope everyone can agree with me on the need for this. It makes things clear so there are no arguments that get ugly down the road. Thanks for reading, My family is waiting in the car, LOL. See ya all after the game :p

Excellent points, thank you very much for your clarity and forethought. I agree wholeheartedly -- the only way to best ensure that expectations are met and disappointments are avoided is to have a real, specific, transparent contract.

Like you said -- do I tout other cool projects, or not? While Dash is worth its current amount and the monthly amount couldn't possibly cover a cross-country trip, what's the process of paying for travel? When Dash is worth much more, at what dollar amount do I pick up the tab for travel?

Establishing the answers to all those question you asked, and more questions not listed here, would set up the best chance for success.

And I also appreciate your pointing out that my interest in this position demonstrates real risk on my part, in the anticipation of the possibility of real reward in the form of Dash growing both in userbase and value.

All this discussion went into a whole different direction, which is good I guess, but what about this event taking place in two weeks time, an event Snowden will attend?

Let's shift conversation back to this for now.

TheDailyDecrypt would you be interested in doing a Dash presentation at this upcoming event?

I see most people are interested in getting you onboard, myself included, but they'd want first for the next Dash version to be released, which could include contracts. We'll miss this event if we wait that long so let's look into a quick solution for now, like a one time speaking fee. Your speaking fee plus the attendance costs will have to be covered. I guess that could be done from the current dash awareness budget or donations or both.

All this discussion went into a whole different direction, which is good I guess, but what about this event taking place in two weeks time, an event Snowden will attend?

Let's shift conversation back to this for now.

TheDailyDecrypt would you be interested in doing a Dash presentation at this upcoming event?

I see most people are interested in getting you onboard, myself included, but they'd want first for the next Dash version to be released, which could include contracts. We'll miss this event if we wait that long so let's look into a quick solution for now, like a one time speaking fee. Your speaking fee plus the attendance costs will have to be covered. I guess that could be done from the current dash awareness budget or donations or both.
This one is a no go, for now. She told me that she is busy covering the event for The Daily Decrypt. Do we have anyone else in the area?

Very happy that the Amanda proposal is one of the spin-off's from this. In the meantime I did resend their organizer a follow up email, no word yet.

Back