• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Cryptocat Channel

InTheWoods

Foundation Member
Some have mentioned creating a chat group that won't interfere with the devs doing their thing.

I think this is a great tool we can all use, very much consistent with the ethos of this project.

Cryptocat is a small browser plug-in you can download from here https://crypto.cat/

Chat is fully encrypted. No one can see your IP or track you. You don't need to register anything and you don't have to provide any email and crap like that.

Just install the plug-in, run it, enter dash in conversation name section, a nick name and voilà. That's it.

See you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed, just that I feel it's better to use open source encrypted chat. Much easier also. No email, no login, no logs, no ip tracking, no ads no BS.

Fits better with what this project is all about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed just that I feel it's better to use encrypted chat. Much easier also. No email, no login, no logs, no BS.

Fits better with what this project is all about.

sounds good, did not know about that
:wink:

me too
but I never got the browser working !
did u ?
I like the phone app , works great
Yah works great for me :D

InTheWoods, just so that you know there's already a Telegram channel with about 73 members in it already.

I went with the slack cause I figured peeps were already on there so it would be easy for them to just add another channel to their listing.

To be honest though I would much rather prefer cryptochat over slack any day. I'll get on there asap. I might update my website dashchat.Co aND turn it into a portal for all these awesome chat rooms.

signal is from SilentCircle and is supposed to be the thing !
edit:
privacy tool is an old listing I believe , not sure when they updated that last

Silent circle is a company that already ran into trouble with the authorities from what I've heard. Their code is not fully open source as well or not all of it. I haven't kept track with them for a while.

Do you have a link to their browser plug-in? I could only find some phone apps.

I went with the slack cause I figured peeps were already on there so it would be easy for them to just add another channel to their listing.

To be honest though I would much rather prefer cryptochat over slack any day. I'll get on there asap. I might update my website dashchat.Co aND turn it into a portal for all these awesome chat rooms.
Cryptocat is one of the best browser plug-ins. It works on all platforms.

Signal doesn't seem to have any browser plug-in listed on their website. It probably has some early phase alpha version or something.

Silent circle is a company that already ran into trouble with the authorities from what I've heard. Their code is not fully open source as well or not all of it. I haven't kept track with them for a while.

Do you have a link to their browser plug-in? I could only find some phone apps.

dam u are well informed :wink:
sorry am on phone in the moment and can not find the download link in the moment , they had Desktop App for Beta Testing on their webpage

Back